DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

The worst thing they did to Swagger was trying to make him serious during his title run. He was doing well being goofy with the Swagger Soaring Eagle, Bunkhouse  Bunk running around as his dad and having a trophy ceremony. Then all of a sudden he's aping Jericho's act of being in a suit and speaking in monotone.

• Like 2

I feel like if Arn Anderson were wrestling today, he could pull off a killer Ron Swanson character.

Arn would have to wear his killer hat though. Nothing says badass like wearing a formal hat while giving a promo in trunks. Also, I want someone to resurrect Ole's "Damn I'm good" shirt.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I feel like if Arn Anderson were wrestling today, he could pull off a killer Ron Swanson character.

Arn would have to wear his killer hat though. Nothing says badass like wearing a formal hat while giving a promo in trunks. Also, I want someone to resurrect Ole's "Damn I'm good" shirt.

Posted Image

They already have that shirt 1/3 done, thanks to Ron Simmons ... although, for the full credit, the letters would have to be made of ironed on felt.

• Like 1

I had a version of Ole's "evil, mean and nasty" t-shirt made at the mall in 1985. :)

I've been thinking of getting the "Damn, I am Good" shirt made. I love that Ole didn't use the contraction "I'm" and used the whole phrase, "I am" for some reason. I always got a kick out of that.

No shit. I'll have to google it and grab one. I've been needing to add to my t-shirt arsenal. I just got a Boogie Woogie Man t-shirt a couple of weeks ago and it's quickly climbing up the rotation as one of my go-to t-shirts when I go out.

Watching some matches from those old UWF-TNA shows from 2006 last night now those were some pretty decent size crowds and they were really into the shows yeah they took place in gyms but why was the reason TNA stopped their partnership with the UWF I mean they were establishing a fanbase in the Mid Atlantic region why would you not take adventage of it?

The marks shall inherent the Earth.

So wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing?  I'm getting mixed messages.

Depends on what the alternative is.  If the alternative is flippy indy wresters inheriting the planet, or a cult that worships Vince Russo, then, yeah, let the marks have it.