DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

411mania.com

ORIGINAL: According to Pwinsider.com, TNA and Universal Studios have opened discussions regarding the promotion returning to the old Impact Zone in November to tape several episodes of Impact Wrestling. The word is that the company is looking to tape anywhere from four to six episodes of Impact during the week of November 21st.

The Impact Zone was located at Universal Studios Soundstage 21 in Orlando. At this time, the studio is being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors until November 2nd.

At this time, the studio is being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors until November 2nd. 

Yeah, I think I'd rather go to a Resident Evil haunted house than a 9 hour long Impact taping.

Holy shit, they really are doing Bad News Barrett that people were fantasy booking on here. That whole clip was amazing, I have a ton of JBL and Cole to catch up on.

So he's just gonna randomly walk into backstage segments and say "Bad news, everyone!" like Professor Farnsworth from Futurama?
Hopefully he includes a crab walk too. Or takes Maddox's spot.

Holy shit, they really are doing Bad News Barrett that people were fantasy booking on here. That whole clip was amazing, I have a ton of JBL and Cole to catch up on.

So he's just gonna randomly walk into backstage segments and say "Bad news, everyone!" like Professor Farnsworth from Futurama?

... God damn you.

The first Resident Evil game definitely had better acting than most episodes of Impact.

BARRY! WHERE'S BARRY?

I'm sorry, but he's probably...

No. NO!

All building to the climax of the haunted house, wherein you are trapped in a room with a giant spider barreling down on you with only ONE WAY OUT...

• Like 1

411mania.com

ORIGINAL: According to Pwinsider.com, TNA and Universal Studios have opened discussions regarding the promotion returning to the old Impact Zone in November to tape several episodes of Impact Wrestling. The word is that the company is looking to tape anywhere from four to six episodes of Impact during the week of November 21st.

The Impact Zone was located at Universal Studios Soundstage 21 in Orlando. At this time, the studio is being used as a Resident Evil haunted house for Universal's Halloween Horrors until November 2nd.

Redundant.

I've been drifting in and out of watching wrestling for the past couple of years and I've recently started watching WWE again. What happened to Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre? I remember Swagger having some very good matches with Christian in ECW and even becoming the World Heavyweight Champion out of nowhere, and now he's in this... not terribly entertaining mid-card heel gimmick and people are kicking out of the Gutwrench Powerbomb when it used to be a killer.

And Drew McIntyre was, as far as I remember correctly, introduced by Vince McMahon himself as 'a future WWE champion' and 'The Chosen One' and I remember seeing some matches of his on SmackDown where he was a dominant guy. Now, like Swagger, he's lost in heel mid-card with a not terribly entertaining gimmick?

What happened to them?

• Like 1

I've been drifting in and out of watching wrestling for the past couple of years and I've recently started watching WWE again. What happened to Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre? I remember Swagger having some very good matches with Christian in ECW and even becoming the World Heavyweight Champion out of nowhere, and now he's in this... not terribly entertaining mid-card heel gimmick and people are kicking out of the Gutwrench Powerbomb when it used to be a killer.

And Drew McIntyre was, as far as I remember correctly, introduced by Vince McMahon himself as 'a future WWE champion' and 'The Chosen One' and I remember seeing some matches of his on SmackDown where he was a dominant guy. Now, like Swagger, he's lost in heel mid-card with a not terribly entertaining gimmick?

What happened to them?

I know Drew got "punished" for being with Tiffany, though one would think Vince would've gotten over that by now.  I think Vince lost interest in Swagger after his underwhelming WHC title run.

Very badly booked, he was punked every week. First by Orton, then Big Show, hell even Rey was scoring off him. Which Rey is awesome, but we know how WWE views him as a main eventer. He also jobbed to Taker in a non title match on the Raw Volcano episode, when the roster was stuck in Europe. There is nothing wrong with losing to Taker. But WWE would not job out Orton, Cena or Batista or even Edge and Jericho like that. It illustrated how serious they were about protecting him. Then he lost the belt to Rey and never recovered.  

What is the most ridiculous prop or entrance gimmick used in wrestling history? My favorite is Lanny Poffo wearing a graduation cap and gown everywhere (because that's what smart people do).

Lanny Poffo in the suit of armour?

As a detriment to a career? Definitely Moppy. Besides that, I'm not sure if Pepe was something designed as a punishment for Chavo, like Moppy supposedly was for Saturn over the Mike Bell incident.