DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

JR said on his blog the other day

Heading to New York City in a few days to begin some potentially viable meetings that could impact what I will be doing in 2014 at least to some degree.

I'm excited to be meeting new people with fresh ideas who genuinely want to work with me in a relationship based on honesty, respect and professionalism

Let the speculation begin

@JRsBBQ

Look who I ran into in NYC. Shane-O-Mac!

Posted Image

Uh, since it's spoiler-tagged...that guy Jim Ross is with in the picture going gray makes me feel so, so old. I'm going to die one day. Bleakness. Depression. 

• Like 1

JR said on his blog the other day

Heading to New York City in a few days to begin some potentially viable meetings that could impact what I will be doing in 2014 at least to some degree.

I'm excited to be meeting new people with fresh ideas who genuinely want to work with me in a relationship based on honesty, respect and professionalism

Let the speculation begin

@JRsBBQ

Look who I ran into in NYC. Shane-O-Mac!

Posted Image

Good Ol' JR doesn't even see the swerve coming. This is just gonna lead to another humiliation. Unless they're gonna buy TNA together than they should both see the humiliation coming and that they deserve it.

• Like 2

If we get an Andre the Giant hologram, I don't want it wasted on Hogan, I want Undertaker v. Andre's ghost body which is possessed by Chris Benoit's evil ghost brain. 

freezes during his tied up spot and last three matches of the night go on with him stuck in the ropes, hard cam 

• Like 6

Oh yeah, so something I just realized while listening to Spotify. Steve Austin's theme sounds like it was heavily inspired by the guitar riff in Liar by Rollins Band. That makes Austin's theme somehow even better to me, not that it already wasn't the best theme song of all time.

And I love the discrimination against southerners. Nice touch.

Oh, good lord
This southern shaming is disgraceful.

You do know the company was very open about wanting to replace JR because of his Southern accent. As far back as 1999. 

In broadcasting, this is a common practice. A "midwest" accent, or rather, a lack of any accent, is preferred. Broadcasters are sent to coaching/training to speak in a preferred cadence and tone.

JR wants Shelton Benjamin, the Briscoes, and MVP. Shane-O wants TMDK, Davey Richards, and John Morrison. Billionaire Ted wants Rob Gronkowski.

SOLD!

I'd be all for Gronk as World Champ.

Does anyone have these discs from Universal Wrestling Archives?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Furthermore has anyone ever had problems with the discs themselves? Pixelation, freezing, chapter skipping, etc? I've owned two copies of Volume 2 and both have had problems. Are they just cheaply made discs or does my DVD player just hate them for some reason or what? Volume 1 froze up too if I recall correctly. Master discs mind you, not copies. Anyone else own them and experienced similar problems or heard this complaint before?

Doesn't WWE have a standing offer to pay for any ex-employee to go to rehab at any time, except for Sunny?

They do. But the idea that a TNA guy needs help and WWE (the same company they've been vilifying for years) are going to step in and take care of it makes TNA look so bush league. Well, more so.

• Like 1