DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

My favorite Low-Ki moment happened in TV. He was in XXX and it was a tag match vs AMW. All I remembered was the crowd chanting "MONKEY BOY" at him because of his haircut + his ears sticking out.

I'm absolutely shocked that a white southern crowd chanted "MONKEY BOY" at a half black pro wrestler. 

Or maybe they were chanting "Monkey Boy" at a half white pro wrestler.  Or maybe it is because Low Ki slightly resembles a monkey.

He's half Puerto Rican. 

I am actually laughing that people are taking personal offense to southern people being whatever to some wrestlers somewhere.   Like they personally offended each and every person of color or something..

• Like 2

So you'd be okay if they chanted "where's my chinese food" at Yoshi Tatsu?

What's the cadence on that, exactly? Is it "where's-my-chinesefood-clap-clap-clapclapclap?" It might work better to the tune of "Joe is gonna kill you," but needs another syllable. Maybe "Where's my bourbon chiiiicken?"

• Like 3

So you'd be okay if they chanted "where's my chinese food" at Yoshi Tatsu?

I had a feeling my joke, a reference to a post at the top of the page wouldn't click. That's okay. Can't win 'em all.

• Like 1

Low-Ki entertained me.  The fact that he made it to WWE(however briefly) was pretty miraculous even with the recent trend toward using smaller guys.  Unique style.

Regarding Davey, I annoyed my wrestling fan friends for a while with:  "Knock knock."  "Who's there?"  "RESPECT!"

• Like 1

JR said on his blog the other day

Heading to New York City in a few days to begin some potentially viable meetings that could impact what I will be doing in 2014 at least to some degree.

I'm excited to be meeting new people with fresh ideas who genuinely want to work with me in a relationship based on honesty, respect and professionalism

Let the speculation begin

@JRsBBQ
Look who I ran into in NYC. Shane-O-Mac!
Posted Image

JR said on his blog the other day

Heading to New York City in a few days to begin some potentially viable meetings that could impact what I will be doing in 2014 at least to some degree.

I'm excited to be meeting new people with fresh ideas who genuinely want to work with me in a relationship based on honesty, respect and professionalism

Let the speculation begin

@JRsBBQ

Look who I ran into in NYC. Shane-O-Mac!

Posted Image

The resurrection of the Alliance! :P

• Like 1

You're right about that.  

WHERE'S MY EGGROLLS!? CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP... Yeah that sounds better.

What if it was "ORI-ENTAL RUG CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP" because his hair has an interesting pattern and might be a weave?

you have chicken balls,,clap clap, clap,clap, clap.

drunk post

Maybe you guys can help me out.  I'm trying to do some research on Capitol Wrestling/WWWF and I'm trying to find Capitol results, specifically MSG results.  I've got a shit load of old results/cards from Karl Stern.  I can barely find any MSG cards prior to 1963 on those.  Does anyone know of any other places that might have results/cards lists like this?