DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I know he's douchey but I feel bad for Low-Ki. He's got a shitload of great matches but still feels like a very disappointing career. Low-Ki vs Daniel Bryan was the rivalry that made me look harder at Indy wrestling. Amazing to see the opposite directions those careers went.

Now his retirement is just a footnote in the monthly nonsense thread. For what he produced he deserves more.

• Like 1

Wasn't all the recent talk that Hogan was trying to get back to WWE for WM 30?

It'll be a fantastic pay day for everyone involved so I'd think a fair few legends would want in.

Can we get a Hogan/Warrior moment? Have 3MB try to 'steal the show' Hogan comes down and gets near the ring, stops and points to the ramp and heeeeeere cooooomes thaaaaa waaaaaaariooor!!!

Legends clear the ring, pose down and hand shake.

Mania moment created for those there live, we get all nostalgic at home and Hogan and Warrior get their paydays.

Wasn't all the recent talk that Hogan was trying to get back to WWE for WM 30?It'll be a fantastic pay day for everyone involved so I'd think a fair few legends would want in.Can we get a Hogan/Warrior moment? Have 3MB try to 'steal the show' Hogan comes down and gets near the ring, stops and points to the ramp and heeeeeere cooooomes thaaaaa waaaaaaariooor!!!Legends clear the ring, pose down and hand shake.Mania moment created for those there live, we get all nostalgic at home and Hogan and Warrior get their paydays.

Only if the finish to the rumored Bryan-HHH match is Warrior then running down to the ring and squashing HHH for the save to relive another classic WM moment.

• Like 6

WMXXX should just be a 5-hour nostalgia show.

Keep all the Miz-level jobbers to a backstage segment with Maria Menounos's stained white pants. Then Hogan can have plenty of time to waddle out and bodyslam the Andre hologram HHH debuted the previous night at the HOF ceremony*.

*Andre hologram will only get 5 minutes before the music plays him off the HOF stage** - half of that time will just be the crowd chanting "YOU STILL GOT IT" at the hologram, which will not be a pre-programmed exchange the A.I. can process, so the last 2.5 minutes of its stage time will just be this:

Posted Image

**Mick Foley inducting Demolition will be bumped to the internet stream.

• Like 8

My favorite Low-Ki moment happened in TV. He was in XXX and it was a tag match vs AMW. All I remembered was the crowd chanting "MONKEY BOY" at him because of his haircut + his ears sticking out.

AMW was such a good tag team.

My favorite Low-Ki moment happened in TV. He was in XXX and it was a tag match vs AMW. All I remembered was the crowd chanting "MONKEY BOY" at him because of his haircut + his ears sticking out.AMW was such a good tag team.

You're right that's prob better than the 3way from the first ROH show or his match with KENTA from Final Battle 05.
  • Like 1

My favorite Low-Ki moment happened in TV. He was in XXX and it was a tag match vs AMW. All I remembered was the crowd chanting "MONKEY BOY" at him because of his haircut + his ears sticking out.AMW was such a good tag team.

You're right that's prob better than the 3way from the first ROH show or his match with KENTA from Final Battle 05.

I didn't say "best" I said "favorite." I've never been a fan of Low-Ki because the guy clearly takes himself too seriously.

I didn't say "best" I said "favorite." I've never been a fan of Low-Ki because the guy clearly takes himself too seriously.

PWG actually did a Low-Ki vs. Davey Richards match.  I can't even imagine.

He deserves what he got. He's the one who burned his bridges everywhere.

I am actually laughing that people are taking personal offense to Low Ki being whatever to some promoters somewhere.   Like he personally offended each and every indy fan or something.

Or, y'know... Some people here might've actually worked a show with him before and saw it first hand. But feel free to enjoy your smug internet awesomeness.

PWG actually did a Low-Ki vs. Davey Richards match.  I can't even imagine.

omg. I feel the need to seek this out just to rant about it.. Like how many of those "super-plex to a suplex to a suplex over the ropes to a suplex down to the floor" spots do you think they did?

My favorite Low-Ki moment happened in TV. He was in XXX and it was a tag match vs AMW. All I remembered was the crowd chanting "MONKEY BOY" at him because of his haircut + his ears sticking out.

I'm absolutely shocked that a white southern crowd chanted "MONKEY BOY" at a half black pro wrestler. 

• Like 2