DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

There are some stories floating around that Ric Flair has just finished WWE sponsored rehab, which explains his low profile since Summerslam.

I call bullshit on this. Naitch wouldn't break kayfabe like that.

God, Ric Flair in rehab would be amazing to watch on one of those saving so and so shows that VH1 does. Seriously though if he did go to rehab, maybe it can help bring some sort of order into his life. The guy is 65 but looks about 90 and lives like he's a frat guy still in college.

Who really needs order? He's old as shit and having fun. He's not hurting anyone as far as I can tell.

"This issue is not dead. Daffney took it to the brink and farther than any other wrestler in history has been willing and/or able to do. The courage she exhibited for over two years was simply amazing. I now have another wrestling client who intends to pick-up where Daffney left off. Should get interesting folks."

From the facebook of Christian Garstin, the lawyer who defended Daffney and Scott Steiner in their recent cases against TNA. I assume he means Sorensen, but who knows?

At this point, Vince might buy TNA just to avoid this stuff in the future. I remember Meltzer mentioning during Daffney's case that Vince would probably keel over from a heart attack if a court found a wrestler to be an employee. Even if its not his company it still affects WWE, inevitably.  Probably the only real way TNA could ever (indirectly) deal him a crushing blow.

Adr has always reminded me of the Mexican gangster slash politician that had a kid with Nancy on weeds. He's great

This, this so hard. I didn't actually get into Weeds until after Del Rio started his run in WWE, so seeing that character, I immediately saw the connection. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

IT'S ALMOST THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR WHEN ABC FAMILY KICKS OFF ITS ANNUAL "COUNTDOWN TO 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20The original movie "Christmas Bounty" stars WWE Superstar The Miz and Francia Raisa (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of The American Teenager")Burbank, CA (October 11, 2012) - As part of its annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" programming event, ABC Family presents the original action-comedy movie "Christmas Bounty," starring WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Francia Raisa (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of The American Teenager"), premiering on Tuesday, November 26 at 7:00pm ET/PT.Former bounty hunter turned elementary school teacher Tory Bell (Raisa) was ready for a new life when she left the family business behind and moved to Manhattan. But when an old enemy is released from jail and vows retribution on Tory and her loved ones, she returns to New Jersey to take care of him once and for all. When Tory's upper-class fiancé, James, follows her home for Christmas, she tries to keep her bounty hunting ways a secret, but the plan backfires when James unwittingly becomes involved in the Bells' mission. Further complicating matters, Tory must work closely with her ex-boyfriend, Mike (Mizanin) to bring down their target and keep James out of certain danger. But as Tory becomes further entrenched in her old life, she finds herself torn between whom she once was and her plans for the future. Will Tory choose her new life with James, or will the thrill of bounty hunting and unresolved feelings for Mike prove too powerful to ignore?

I hope this movie has a subplot where the parents of the kids she teaches sue the school for letting a former bounty hunter have a job there. That school sounds as inept as the one that let an ex-convict be in charge of a bus full of kids in The Chaperone. Or the one that let Randy Orton call the shots when it came to their hiring practices.

I like to think WWE studios are making sophisticated points about the falling standards in the US education system.

IT'S ALMOST THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR WHEN ABC FAMILY KICKS OFF ITS ANNUAL "COUNTDOWN TO 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20The original movie "Christmas Bounty" stars WWE Superstar The Miz and Francia Raisa (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of The American Teenager")Burbank, CA (October 11, 2012) - As part of its annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" programming event, ABC Family presents the original action-comedy movie "Christmas Bounty," starring WWE Superstar Mike "The Miz" Mizanin and Francia Raisa (ABC Family's "The Secret Life of The American Teenager"), premiering on Tuesday, November 26 at 7:00pm ET/PT.Former bounty hunter turned elementary school teacher Tory Bell (Raisa) was ready for a new life when she left the family business behind and moved to Manhattan. But when an old enemy is released from jail and vows retribution on Tory and her loved ones, she returns to New Jersey to take care of him once and for all. When Tory's upper-class fiancé, James, follows her home for Christmas, she tries to keep her bounty hunting ways a secret, but the plan backfires when James unwittingly becomes involved in the Bells' mission. Further complicating matters, Tory must work closely with her ex-boyfriend, Mike (Mizanin) to bring down their target and keep James out of certain danger. But as Tory becomes further entrenched in her old life, she finds herself torn between whom she once was and her plans for the future. Will Tory choose her new life with James, or will the thrill of bounty hunting and unresolved feelings for Mike prove too powerful to ignore?

I hope this movie has a subplot where the parents of the kids she teaches sue the school for letting a former bounty hunter have a job there. That school sounds as inept as the one that let an ex-convict be in charge of a bus full of kids in The Chaperone. Or the one that let Randy Orton call the shots when it came to their hiring practices.

I like to think WWE studios are making sophisticated points about the falling standards in the US education system.

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to prevent a bounty hunter (a fully legal occupation) from holding a job as a teacher if she has all the prerequisite qualifications.

Some weird indy wrestling showing on my Cox HD channel in Northern Virginia.  Right now it is a show called KPW Off the Ropes which I believe it is from New Zealand.  No idea when this is from and never heard of the talent (naturally since it is from New Zealand).  Their champion is someone named H Flame who I guess is doing a Firebreaker Chip gimmick.  There was a Rip Morgan reference so I guess he is involved somehow.  Not a bad product and a pretty interested look.  

Now if you want bad product, the next show is Southside Pro Wrestling who I believe is based in the Virginia Beach area.  This is a like a lower rent version of Rage TV in Maryland with none of the quality talent. 

How does Jushin Liger look these days? NWA Houston is bringing him and Tenzan in on Friday for a match against Killer Elite Squad. I'm excited to be going because I've always liked Liger and I figure this is my only chance to see him live, but it's been a while since I've seen him work so I want to know if I need to keep my expectations low.

How does Jushin Liger look these days? NWA Houston is bringing him and Tenzan in on Friday for a match against Killer Elite Squad. I'm excited to be going because I've always liked Liger and I figure this is my only chance to see him live, but it's been a while since I've seen him work so I want to know if I need to keep my expectations low.

IMO he's still better than average; as long as you don't expect 1992 Liger, you probably won't be disappointed.

Okay it is back to being awesome again.  There is this show called I think Superstar Series with just two guys talking about old school wrestling.  I believe one of them is Rock Parsons promoting a website  It is showing:

Arnold Skaaland is in a tag match against someone called the California Hells Angels

A young heelish Thunderbolt Patterson from Detroit's big time Wrestling

Carlos Colon & Miguel Perez in a tag match from 1973 supposedly.  Weird to see Carlos with a normal forehead and working almost a lucha style and Tommy Young is the ref  :o 

No idea if this is a weekly thing or just a one time infomercial but cool to see.  :)

I know dudes have been bandying around their indy projects around here, so I thought I'd hop in.

My buddy works for a promotion called Eastern Pennsylvania Wrestling Entertainment out of Allentown, and they're doing a free iPPV show today at 2pm.  He was up until 2am getting the setup right, and he's really got high hopes for it.

http://www.8bitx.com/event/old-school-wrestling-ppv/

If you guys give it a look I'm sure he'd be thrilled.  I won't be at home and I'm counting on being able to stream it online on the go, so give it a shot, why don'cha.