DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

so unless everyone has mobile command centers there's still going to be a lot of flights each week.

John Cena has three.

The Big Show and CM Punk travel by bus, too, don't they? It should be easy enough to do over the course of a week - fly into the first city on Friday (I think?), then bus to the next cities Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then fly home.

Honestly, I think he's probably got immunity from the Wellness Policy, but that's just me.Pardon my ignorance but what the hell is a "mobile command center"?

It's a giant command centre that also works as a vehicle. Think Command and Conquer.

A giant luxury bus, basically.  Punk gives a tour of his on his DVD, neglects to point out where Cabana sleeps.

• Like 6

Honestly, I think he's probably got immunity from the Wellness Policy, but that's just me.Pardon my ignorance but what the hell is a "mobile command center"?

It's a giant command centre that also works as a vehicle. Think Command and Conquer.

A giant luxury bus, basically.  Punk gives a tour of his on his DVD, neglects to point out where Cabana sleeps.

Curled up at Punk's feet, obviously.

• Like 6

So Michael Hayes got suspended for trying to get a fresh-out-of-rehab Rosa Mendes drunk at a bar.

Apparently Road Dogg has also been assuming a lot of responsibilities that belonged to Hayes before.
As much as I love Michael Hayes in the ring or on a microphone, he really seems like a scumbag.

Honestly, I think he's probably got immunity from the Wellness Policy, but that's just me. 

The Rock, too, I'm guessing.

If Hardcore Holly's book is to be trusted (and he flat out admits he was on roids so he's not hiding anything), when they first enacted the Wellness Policy, Undertaker and Ric Flair flat out refused to take any testing and nothing happened to them... so the "top guys are immune" policy might have some truth.

So, got lost in Youtube again and found this:

Poor Daniel Bryan at the end. haha

On an unrelated note, I think the role missing the most on WWE right now is a legit bad ass presence. I am not talking about someone who is booked to dominate everyone or someone who people fear because he is a crazy fuck. I am thinking more Taker 2000 - 2004. Like, people knew not to fuck with him because he would whoop your ass. Yet, he was well respected because he has been around forever and you wanted to watch something at a bar with him. Like there's was such a believablity to the character.

One of my favorite lines I've ever heard on a TV show was from Taker. It was the start of the Invasion and he somehow go lured to the parking lot where all the WCW jobbers were waiting and he told them, "What? You guys couldn't get tickets?" He proceeded to fight all 20 of them by himself. I don't remember what really happened after that. In my head, he just piled bodies on top of each other.

So Michael Hayes got suspended for trying to get a fresh-out-of-rehab Rosa Mendes drunk at a bar.

Apparently Road Dogg has also been assuming a lot of responsibilities that belonged to Hayes before.
As much as I love Michael Hayes in the ring or on a microphone, he really seems like a scumbag.

I think that's why we love him in the ring and especially with a mic.

I think that's why we love him in the ring and especially with a mic.

Per some ex-writers, Hayes was so belitting and mean towards his assistant writers that whenever they went to get him coffee or food, they regularly spat in it and laughed about it among themselves later.

Essentially, we want the Biker back.

Not the biker. Just someone who kicks ass without trying to be funny/annoying (Sheamus) or like they found some meathead one vending machine away from 'riod rage and pleaded to him "Don't kill anyone. This is a scripted fight." (Ryback)

RE: wellness policy and guys refusing to piss.

Scott Steiner mentioned when they asked him to be tested, he pointed at Hunter and said "right after that guy gets tested," and they never bothered him again.  Of course, they then buried him and released him as quick as they could...but hey, he didn't have to pee in a damn cup. Success!

• Like 2

Honestly, I think he's probably got immunity from the Wellness Policy, but that's just me. 

The Rock, too, I'm guessing.

If Hardcore Holly's book is to be trusted (and he flat out admits he was on roids so he's not hiding anything), when they first enacted the Wellness Policy, Undertaker and Ric Flair flat out refused to take any testing and nothing happened to them... so the "top guys are immune" policy might have some truth.

Holly had a couple good Taker stories in his book.  One where they were in the locker room watching the Bart Gunn/Dr. Death Brawl for All match.  Holly had been talking up Gunn all day and Taker turned to Holly and said "That's your Boy, right?" They bet $50 or $100 I can't remember which and of course Taker gave Holly the money and was pissed the rest of the night.  Another was when they first implemented the dress code and Cena and Taker were the only ones that didn't have to follow, but Taker did anyway, "Cause the Boys had to do it"

Question: If John Cena violated the Wellness Policy, do you guys think the WWE would cover it up?

Like Cena's ever used his own pee. That's what jobbers are for.
So that's why Zack Ryder still has a job.
Please. Like Ryder could cope with the last two years of his WWE career without drugs.