DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

What's everyone's best Big Show match? Don't think there's many better than the Lesnar match at the Rumble. Guy bumps huge for Brock and they get a ton of shit in in such a short time.

Floyd Mayweather. Really. That match is a fucking miracle.

I have a confession: I don't see what the deal is with Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno. He's not impressive ringwork wise, and I don't see anything in his personality that says "dollar signs." Someone help me...

I think he's come a long way on the mic. In the ring he seems like a guy who can adapt to any style. He doesn't need to be super jacked. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but I do think he could do some good things on the main roster.Someone mentioned he should be brought in as a new Heyman guy. I think that they could pull that off done right, playing up history. It would at least be interesting to see if Punk could get a new guy over.

Little math work for my students this morning

Functions Exercise

Mr. Cabana has a job as a sports commentator for a minor league baseball team. He gets paid $22 per game. As it stands, he is scheduled to work 8 games this month

• Construct a table showing how much money he will make this month from work.
  • Formula: F(x) = _____ ?

• If Mr. Cabana has to pay for a cab ride to and from the game ( $15  ), construct a table displaying how much he will make this month from work.

• Graph both scenarios
  • Like 1

I don't know if this interests anybody, but SkyBet are taking bets on what seems to be every PPV now.

http://www.skybet.com/wrestling

They have Orton at 2/5 favourite for tonight, which surprises me, as I had Bryan down to win, followed by HHH trying and failing to take the title back tomorrow when Vince intervenes. 

That aside, if you think you can make a penny, go for it.

They did some thing once where it was a "behind the scenes look" at the current roster where Wade hijacked a camera and asked the questions himself. My favorite one was: "If I were to punch you in the face, what would you pass out from first: The searing pain or from the honor of having a man of my stature in life actually touch you?"

• Like 1

They did some thing once where it was a "behind the scenes look" at the current roster where Wade hijacked a camera and asked the questions himself. My favorite one was: "If I were to punch you in the face, what would you pass out from first: The searing pain or from the honor of having a man of my stature in life actually touch you?"

See, now that's awesome. 

Little math work for my students this morning

Functions Exercise

Mr. Cabana has a job as a sports commentator for a minor league baseball team. He gets paid $22 per game. As it stands, he is scheduled to work 8 games this month

• If Mr. Cabana has to pay for a cab ride to and from the game ( $15  ), construct a table displaying how much he will make this month from work.

• Graph both scenarios

1. Mr. Cabana does a lackluster job and is fired by the second game, construct a table displaying how long he will continue to complain about how the team misused him.

2. Formula:  F(x) = _______?

• Like 7

See, now that's awesome. 

• Like 2

Nothing touches "Hey...one of the Usos...."

Spurred on by the amazing WCW PPV thread by Newb82, I was looking up to see who was WCW champ before the Bischoff/Russo reset (It was Sid) and was AMAZED at just how many times the title was vacated over the last 

per Wiki, WCW World Champs

-Sting: September 12, 1999

-Vacated: October 25, 1999 (Sting is stripped of the title after losing a non sanctioned match against Goldberg and attacking referee Charles Robinson at Halloween Havoc.)

-Bret Hart: November 21, 1999

-Vacated: December 20, 1999 (Hart vacates title because of controversial match with Bill Goldberg at Starrcade 1999.)

-Bret Hart: December 20, 1999

-Vacated: January 16, 2000 (Hart vacates the title due to injury.)

-Chris Benoit: January 16, 2000

-Vacated: January 17, 2000 (Benoit forfeits the title and leaves for the WWF after dispute with management.)

-Sid Vicious: January 24, 1999

-Vacated: January 25, 2000 (Stripped by Commissioner Kevin Nash due to Sid pinning the wrong Harris Brother.)

-Kevin Nash: January 25, 2000

-Sid Vicious: January 25, 2000

-Vacated: April 10, 2000 (All WCW titles were declared vacant by Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff after WCW was rebooted.

-Jeff Jarret: April 16, 2000

-DDP: April 24, 2000

-David Arquette: April 25, 2000

-Jeff Jarrett: May 7, 2000

-Ric Flair: May 15, 2000

-Vacated: May 22, 2000 (Vince Russo stripped Flair of the title.)

-Jeff Jarrett: May 22, 2000

-Kevin Nash: May 23, 2000

-Ric Flair: May 29, 2000

-Jeff Jarret: May 29, 2000

-Hollywood Hogan: Jul 9, 2000

-Booker T: July 9, 2000 (Technically there should be a vacancy between these two as no one ever beat Hogan for the belt)

-Kevin Nash: August 28, 2000

-Booker T: September 17, 2000

-Vince Russo: September 25, 2000

-Vacated: October 2, 2000 (Russo decides he is not a wrestler and he does not want the title.)

That's basically 8-9 vacancies (Depending on if you count the Hogan one) in one calendar year.  One year.

(too lazy to construct a table)

Two of the "minor league baseball teams" will not pay Mr. Cabana. 

Two more teams will short him and pay him less than the agreed-upon amount,

One will pay him, but the check will not clear.

Mr. Cabana will decide not to work one event and will therefore not be paid for event.  He will not call them beforehand to notify them that he will be absent.

The correct answer is $56.

• Like 2

See, now that's awesome. 

The WWE's side-projects are so friggin' awesome. If they let Wade do this for real, he'd be amazingly over.I loved Big E. talking about his love of quality meats when asked about the Wyatt Family.

"Question 1, Are you Jimmy or Jey?"

"Im Jey"

"Question 2, does anyone actually care!"

:)

Not long ago, I said "American Made" wasn't a bad theme song. But now, I can never again listen to it.  Ever.

The hidden upside to this commercial is that, had you asked me just out of hand to rate out of ten how awful it would be to see 60-year-old Hulk Hogan's ass in a thong, I would have given it a 9.5 for near-maximum horribleness. But hey, after seeing that, it was only about an 8 on the scale. 

-Sid Vicious: January 24, 1999

-Vacated: January 25, 2000 (Stripped by Commissioner Kevin Nash due to Sid pinning the wrong Harris Brother.)

I'm confused by this one, but probably wouldn't enjoy the explanation.

I'll do it anyway. 

Nash was champ and commish. He gave Sid a shot at the belt, but only if he could beat one of the Harris Bros in a match beforehand. Sid won, but pinned the wrong brother after some shenanigans. Then Sid won the belt off Nash. The next show, Nash used his commish powers to negate the switch and vacate the belt since Sid had not beaten the right brother to get the shot in the first place, all if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Those Barrett videos rule.

Wade Barrett: Is it true that no one knows who Johnny Curtis is?

Johnny Curtis: I won NXT Season 4...

Wade Barrett: No you didn't, Johnny Curtis won NXT Season 4!

Johnny Curtis: I am Johnny Curtis...

Wade Barrett: Huh, I guess it is true then.

His new gimmick should be HHH's corporate interviewer/tv shill. Wade Barrett, investigative journalist!

• Like 1

"Question 1, Are you Jimmy or Jey?"

"Im Jey"

"Question 2, does anyone actually care!"

:)

The best was Jey then going "MY MOTHER CARES!"

If anyone wants to check it, my crew and i are doing a FREE streaming I-PPV tomorrow night at 7:30 PM EST. It's our # 2 show of the year and we want as many eyeballs on it as possible!All you have to do is register a username & password at http://ondemand.cwf247.com and come back at 7:30 PM EST to see the show.

All the info is at http://www.cwf247.com

• Like 1