DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Just watched the Taker match posted in the other thread and that was really damn good. Amazing pace for two big guys, and just a really fun ten minute match. I think that a lot of mid to late 2000's WWE will hold up well over time, and fans will gain a greater appreciation for the work as it is remembered more then the inconsistent angles.

Tarver would have interesting as lets say, the Roman Reigns role in the Shield.

Reigns can actually do his one move of doom correctly. Tarver's main thing was punching people and he sucked at that. Reigns' Superman Punch is also better than anything Tarver did.

What's everyone's best Big Show match? Don't think there's many better than the Lesnar match at the Rumble. Guy bumps huge for Brock and they get a ton of shit in in such a short time.

The one where he did that missle dropkick ... he really showed his incredible athletic range.

• Like 1

I don't know if I can explain this well, but Barrett was sort of exciting for 2010 WWE. It seems like we're in a different world now though, a Shield six-man tag world, a nearly post-Sin Cara world, a Cesaro world, a CM Punk champion for a year world, a NXT personality class world, a Bryan Daniel super-over main eventer world, even a Bray Wyatt world. ADR and Barrett were both pretty exciting at one point when they debuted because they weren't more of the same. Now there's barely a "same" out there anymore.

• Like 2

Back to the tag team thing Barrett is another guy who could prob benefit from a being paired with someone. Matt previously mentioned teaming him with Regal. Taking that a step further how about Regal as the mouthpiece for a British stable. Between Barrett and the Brits they have in NXT they could make that work.

I wouldn't even mind a Barrett/Sheamus odd couple team.

Sheamus and Wade Barrett as the New APA sounds good to me.APA2K

Sheamus dropping the goofy and forming an ass-kicking team with Barrett would be amazing. Could go either face/heel depending on current dynamic (now would probably be face with Shield and Wyatts as top heel teams), and both guys characters badly need to be freshened up. I think Barrett could be a good addition to The Authority, but I salivate at the potential of Jae's idea here.

I don't know if I can explain this well, but Barrett was sort of exciting for 2010 WWE. It seems like we're in a different world now though, a Shield six-man tag world, a nearly post-Sin Cara world, a Cesaro world, a CM Punk champion for a year world, a NXT personality class world, a Bryan Daniel super-over main eventer world, even a Bray Wyatt world. ADR and Barrett were both pretty exciting at one point when they debuted because they weren't more of the same. Now there's barely a "same" out there anymore.

What a wonderful world.

I've always wanted Wade Barrett and Maryse to team up. Talk about an annoyingly, ridiculously gorgeous couple.

But Barrett and Sheamus can't team up until they finally get a program that results in World War 3, with as many jobber causalities as possible. 

What's everyone's best Big Show match? Don't think there's many better than the Lesnar match at the Rumble. Guy bumps huge for Brock and they get a ton of shit in in such a short time.

His last man standing with Alberto from February on Smackdown.

January, mate.

Wade and Drew were tag champs in FCW, so that'd be another potential United Kingdom duo.  Only problem is that would break up 3MB.

Well, he was suspiciously absent on Monday, when Jinder & Heath wrestled the Matadors and his last tweet was:

Drew McIntyre @TheDrewMcIntyre 28 Sep

WWE gives me unique opportunity to feel like working territories, first Mid South as Chosen One, Memphis madness with 3MB,wonder what's next

However...  Orton. I don't understand why HHH paid Armstrong to fast count. Shouldn't Orton be more pissed at this than anyone? The only explanation I have seen from Steph/HHH is WE WANT YOU TO BE THE VIPER AGAIN...

He paid him to fast count so he had a viable reason to take the belt off of Bryan. We are supposed to assume that it was only to be used in case of an emergency when Orton is clearly beat. I think the logical next step is Bryan wins on Sunday. Monday they try and take the belt from him again and this time Vince intercedes.

I was thinking Bryan wins, then Orton attacks Brie on Raw to give the HIAC match a personal touch, but I don't know what the man-on-woman violence policies are these days. I guess I can see them putting focus back on Vince where he tells HHH that he has 3 more weeks for his master plan to work or he's indefinitely suspended as COO. 

Either way, I'm pretty sure HIAC ends with Orton soundly beaten and HHH locked inside the cell with Bryan, Show, or The Shield.

Maybe they could just cut to the back with Brie Bella already laid out, wrestlers nearby calling frantically for medics.

Then, when Bryan confronts Orton about it later in the show, he theatrically denies doing it in a way that everyone knows it was him. 

Where is all the "turn The Shield" talk coming from? Why would that make sense or be a good idea?

It's a terrible idea now, but a while down they road when the act needs a little freshening up, it could be a lot of fun to watch. Though I don't know if Ambrose would really work out as a face at all. 

Read something on one of the "dirt" sites that an idea being passed around for Wade Barrett is repackaging him as "Bad News" Barrett. I'm all for that if he shaves his head, grows the beard, wears all black with a single glove, and gains about a 50 pound ponch

• Like 4

Read something on one of the "dirt" sites that an idea being passed around for Wade Barrett is repackaging him as "Bad News" Barrett. I'm all for that if he shaves his head, grows the beard, wears all black with a single glove, and gains about a 50 pound ponch

Another must: he'd have to refer to the fans as "beer-bellied sharecroppers."

• Like 2

Look, I'll accept him using the Ghetto Blaster as a finisher. Also, it has to be called the Ghetto Blaster. 

• Like 1