DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

The DX/Radicals vs. Rock/Foley/2Cool/Kish match is so hot. Great stuff. But Steph is on color commentary and is TERRIBLE. She's awful. This match is seriously off-the-charts great.They're SO CLOSE to being able to have stuff like this again. It's been a while since they've had so many really hot characters involved in the same overarching storyline. Shield/Randy vs. Bryan/Rhodes Boys/Show is going to be fantastic if they pull the trigger on that.

I just remembered somebody - Jesse Ventura. He used to be governor of Minnesota, fer goodness' sake. 

OK, expand it to a top 10, in the U.S. (or Santo would qualify, as would more Japanese dudes who I am totally ignorant about)

Hogan, Andre, Savage, Austin, Rock, Jesse Ventura, Flair, Roddy Piper ... and then?

Hogan, Andre, Rock, Austin, Savage, Flair, Taker, Cena, DX and nWo.

Cheating a little with DX and nWo but even people who claim they never watch wrestling would know who you are talking about when these names are brought up.

Changing the subject slightly (re: entirely): 

I was watching some old Portland stuff with Buddy Rose and the Sheepherders, and the Herders were wearing shirts that had a silhouette of them with the words Dream Team underneath. First, this shirt is tremendous. Second, while I never gave it much thought, I always thought Valentine and Beefcake were the original tag team to refer to themselves as the dream team. While I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there have been tag teams dating back to the fifties calling themselves that, I have no recollection of them. Would anyone with a better grasp of history care to enlighten me? 

The DX/Radicals vs. Rock/Foley/2Cool/Kish match is so hot. Great stuff. But Steph is on color commentary and is TERRIBLE. She's awful. This match is seriously off-the-charts great.They're SO CLOSE to being able to have stuff like this again. It's been a while since they've had so many really hot characters involved in the same overarching storyline. Shield/Randy vs. Bryan/Rhodes Boys/Show is going to be fantastic if they pull the trigger on that.

Including the Kane return to save the day. Hasn't Kane's returns always gotten a great reaction? I mean, they have to make his return to save Bryan, right? It really almost writes itself and that pop will be glorious.

That just reminded me of Savage as Grandpa on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. Now THAT was awesome.

"HAYSTACKS CALHOOOOOOUN! Oooh, he was a mountain of a man!"

• Like 3

I mean, they have to make his return to save Bryan, right? It really almost writes itself and that pop will be glorious.

Wouldn't really make sense to do it that way with the way he was put out (The Wyatts).

Unless the Wyatts are attacking Bryan... which completely goes against my "Wyatts are going to turn face against HHH" theory... so maybe Kane comes back a heel?

I mean, they have to make his return to save Bryan, right? It really almost writes itself and that pop will be glorious.

Wouldn't really make sense to do it that way with the way he was put out (The Wyatts).

Kane's return to end that match was great. Kane always gets good reactions. It's the fire spectacle.Aren't HHH and co. rumored to go off TV soon? I doubt that's the case since the angle has been so incredibly hot and it's HHH and Steph we're talking about here. But I would love it if Bray's big plan to get revenge for the nightmare he lived is for him to send a brainwashed Kane after his former buddy and Harper/Rowan after the Rhodes Boys to get the titles. And he just sits back in the rocker and watches the world burn.I could also see some Corporate Ministry redux to this. I think Team HHH needs more heels in order to regain control of things. He has Randy and The Shield. That's been great so far but there's still like 15 faces against their four. Get those nutjobs and Kane to team up with The Shield (mercenaries who don't give a crap beyond their payday) and Randy (who just wants the strap at all costs and is also a lunatic) and you have some insanity.The Wyatts came up at a pretty bad time. I love them so incredibly much but the big angle has kept them from being able to do anything other than write Kane off for his dumb movie. It's absolutely mindboggling how great Bray's promos are -- they're off-the-charts great but are sort of underrated because of HHH/Steph/Rhodes Family/etc.

Supposedly Wade Barrett is being kept off TV for a little while to be repackaged a bit. He should come back and eventually hook up with Best for Business.

Kinda related, I was thinking during RAW that since it has been established that Dusty Rhodes is the head trainer for NXT, wouldn't it be great if he brought up his "hand picked" guy from NXT to challenge Best for Business? Or, perhaps even better, bring up his handpicked guy and have him turn on Dusty to join Triple H? That would be a great way to establish somebody new right out of the gate.

Supposedly Wade Barrett is being kept off TV for a little while to be repackaged a bit. He should come back and eventually hook up with Best for Business.

Kinda related, I was thinking during RAW that since it has been established that Dusty Rhodes is the head trainer for NXT, wouldn't it be great if he brought up his "hand picked" guy from NXT to challenge Best for Business? Or, perhaps even better, bring up his handpicked guy and have him turn on Dusty to join Triple H? That would be a great way to establish somebody new right out of the gate.

That sounds tailor-made for Bo Dallas.

• Like 1