DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstars Thread

rzombie1988

• 1 month later...

Think I'm one of the only people who still watches Superstars, but Kofi-Santino had a fun little face/face match on this past week's episode.  Also Naomi and Aksana had a decent outing after the rough tag match on Main Event a few weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

Yeah there's definitely a novelty to Rae's match. It is her best main roster match. So fun as a campy heel and she seems to be incorporating kicks more into her matches. To the best of my knowledge she has only be wrestling for 14 months. 

Kaitlyn versus Summer Rae is worth seeking out.

(I'd buy a DVD set of the best Divas matches from Superstars.)

Kaitlyn versus Summer Rae is worth seeking out.

(I'd buy a DVD set of the best Divas matches from Superstars.)

Yea, Kaitlyn/Summer was pretty good. It's good to see the divas getting the actual time to put together a decent match.

Loved the fake retreat up the aisle into the spin kick.  Definitely the best I've ever seen Summer Rae look in the ring.

Can't believe WWE still thinks Fandango-ing can be a thing with that sing-along tron video.  Makes even less sense with Summer Rae's NXT music.

First, McIntyre is absent a lot and now Heath Slater has gone missing.  Ginger stays getting hindered.

My usual download spot for Superstars put up the show, but it cut off the first part of the show for some reason.  I'm a completist, I guess...Lord knows Natalya and Aksana have faced each other about a dozen times on TV this year with the same result.  Heh.  (Don't have Hulu Plus and my ancient computer sucks with web-based videos so I go with the downloads.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really fun episode of Superstars this week, liked the eight man tag a lot and Sandow was working a slightly different style to reflect his new personality which made for a fresher seeming matchup between him and Kofi. Nothing amazing, but both matches are worth the collective 15 minutes of your time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To anyone who still thinks Emma isn't going to translate well to the main roster, watch this weeks Superstars with her against Summer Rae.

I'm hoping this makes them realize they need to get her the fuck away from Santino cause he's dragging her down so hard.

I watched her on Main Event. She just looks so goddamn disinterested since coming to the main roster.

To be fair, if you've been spending a good chunk of time as a credible threat even with your wacky antics, and get immediatly stuck with a comedy act that's not any kind of threat to anyone, you'd start losing interest.

The further Emma is away from Santino, the better she'll be.  

• 1 month later...

So I watched Superstars this week, and just have one question.

Are Rybaxel supposed to be doing a homoerotic gimmick? Because the matching hats and the combining their names, and Ryback having a big heart on his belly... it does come off like the world's subtlest West Hollywood Blondes gimmick.

So I watched Superstars this week, and just have one question.

Are Rybaxel supposed to be doing a homoerotic gimmick? Because the matching hats and the combining their names, and Ryback having a big heart on his belly... it does come off like the world's subtlest West Hollywood Blondes gimmick.

A bigger, dumber Billy & Chuck? I could get into that. 

• 2 months later...

I watched Superstars for the first time in a while tonight since it was on demand early and I can skip the raw repeats. Emma/Alicia was really good. That match/feud could replace Alicia/Natalya as my favorite diva combination. Emma getting into Alicia's head by mocking her and Alicia going crazy was great.  They had a match last week where it looked like Alicia almost broke Emma's shoulder by throwing her out of the ring. The other match on the card was Slater Gator vs Torito and Hornswoggle dressed like a cow. Not much of a match but made me want to see a 10 minute Torito/Titus match.