DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstars Thread

rzombie1988

Glad someone else caught Alicia/Emma. That was the first time I really enjoyed Emma on the main roster. She and Alicia feed into each others' gimmicks quite well.

This match was completely unrepresentative of her main roster body of work in that it was really good, got time, Emma seemed comfortable/happy.

On the last round of cuts, they had Slater and Titus keep their jobs (when everyone else at that level was losing theirs) so they could feud over losing a Tag Match to a couple of midgets. On Superstars!

I bet they're both praying TNA still exists in a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Alicia/Emma three was good but not as much as the last match they had. Loved Alicia just throwing Emma out of the ring and saying "bye" while she does it. The main event with Justin Gabriel/Sin Cara was good too. I wasn't expecting to see the Spanish Fly on WWE tv much less on Superstars. Also the random return of the Sin Cara lighting.

• 3 weeks later...

Creepy Superstars moment of the week:

During Justin Gabriel's entrance, Todd Phillips (?) makes the following remark:

"You can use your joystick to no end with these two!"

The commentator was referencing Justin Gabriel and Kofi Kingston.

Naomi continues to be amazing in the ring. When you look at the girls in NXT and then look at The Bellas, Natalie( when she actually brings her A game), Namoi, Paige, and AJ. Its pretty scary to realize that WWE in 2014 probably has the all-time best female roster from-top-to-bottom than any other American based wrestling promotion living or dead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really neat Big E-Heath Slater match this week.  The UK crowd was solidly behind Heath with several LOUD pro-Slater and pro-3MB chants, so they effectively switched face/heel roles for the duration of the match and Heath got way more offense than you'd expect.  Good stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This show is still a fun place for good outings by the lower echelon of the roster, even if it is Part MCMXVIII of the never-ending Lucha Dragons-Ascension series.  The Dragons pulled off stereo suicide dives into flying armdrags and I wish I could see a GIF of that.

• 3 months later...