DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

What about the last time they were rivals. Why didn't everything change then? Was it because Ghost Bray Wyatt appeared in the cage?

Remember when Seth curb stomped Dean into fucking CINDER BLOCKS?!

Hey, here's an idea. Maybe the reason Dean is pissed at Seth is because this is the fucking payback Dean promised Seth well over a year ago and he still doesn't trust him and waited for the perfect opportunity when he least expected that payback. 

Then that could have lead to a real hatred filled brawl. Instead we got this bullshit.

• Like 5

BTW - in the pure speculation department - but assuming that Charlotte and Becky are ending up on RAW that would have to mean Sasha and Bayley are going back right?

I mean someone will say Nia and it would make sense in the "next opponent for Asuka" way but in the "people the fans might care about" way I feel like the only options are Sasha and Bayley

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

From reddit:

On today's show, Meltzer noted that Vince was "furious" at the Rollins-Ambrose match and how it went.

Personally I didn't think the match was good but I hope this doesn't hinder Seth's Main Event push.

Ruh roh. 

Re: Seth.

It's not just me you know. If you want to read something savage, take a look at what this PWO poster said about him.

Seth is absolute shit. And he has been for a long, long time. Even his portion of that gauntlet match at the start of the year was VASTLY overrated. Same goes for the Raw match with Finn a week or two removed from that.

Miz and Elias (of all people) were the only two people to drag Rollins to anything remotely "good" all year, and both instances were because they had guys operating & functioning as traditional heels there. They slowed him the fuck down and told a story (how about that?).

Left to his own devices, THIS match with Dean is the sort of horse shit he'll produce though. Mygoddamngod, it's truly fucking awful.

He hovers around & haunts us like the specter of every terrible Davey Richards trait imaginable, yet people are still somehow convinced he should be in main events again. People confuse a couple of crowd reactions for being over.

Seth Rollins is not over. Hell, he's barely a character or a personality at all. People don't connect or invest in anything to do with Seth Rollins. They cheer exciting moves and scream along at his entrance. That's it.

Seth Rollins can't convey emotion, stakes, drama, or hatred to save his fucking life. He showed that in the original Ambrose feud. And again in this one. And it was on FULL display in the Triple H program, for sure. He wrestled what should have been a heated grudge match like it was just another exhibition at the Rex Plex.

Dude just doesn't get it. He may be athletic as fuck. And maybe he can flip tires or Crossfit his heart out. But pro wrestling just ain't his jam, man.

I offer up that familiar long-winded rant, but it really all comes down to this: Seth Rollins is the ultimate example of a pro wrestler who is all motion & zero emotion. One is effective for killing time. The other is effective for drawing money, drawing interest, and sustaining both of those things.

In closing. Seth Rollins is absolute shit. I'd rest my case, but we all know next month will just provide more evidence to support the facts.

Good times!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I thought it would have been great if the table Nattie pulled out had a picture of Ruby's dad on it instead.

How about a table with a giant picture of Big Show body boarding on his "father's" casket? Might as well add onto Raw's dumpster fire.

I'm going to draw some arbitrarily bright lines between eras here, but: The funny(?) thing about Rollins is how much of an artifact he can feel like, for so young a guy, being emblematic of that generation of workrate indie overkill that dominated in the brief window between the new golden age ushered in by Danielson et al., and the (sometimes cloyingly, melodramatically delivered) focus on cross-promotional/inter-match/online meta-narratives that have taken over since then. His go-go ability gets him grouped with people from the former and latter groups both, like a Styles or an Omega (both of whom have a certain shit-getting-in tendency); but he doesn't demonstrate either the ability to subtly, uniquely construct matches (like Styles, Danielson), or to pile callbacks on callbacks on (sometimes hammily delivered) "lore" within his reversal/finishing choreography (like Kenny, Okada).

I don't watch RAW or SDL but do watch NXT, so that definitely has something to do with my opinion that this card cannot hold a candle to even the weakest Takeover. It was less annoying that most RAW and/or SDL PPVs, tho'. Bryan vs. Styles was really good, and Bryan's promos are in the realm of ECW Foley level creativity and delivery. The ladies main event soon got fun but seemed to me over-rehearsed: I saw a lot of hesitation and waiting for positioning in the first half that took me out of it. I liked Elias vs. Lashley too, but man, Lashley is a very very sweaty man. Also, I really dig Asuka, but her outfit reached the heights of "a hooker who only has clowns for clients" levels last night. Her charisma makes her entrances and all else great but she really needs a full butoh troupe to accompany her to the ring to give her some gravitas and put fear into her opponents' hearts - I'd even settle for some kabuki players. She needs a new look focus - killer geisha? Mountain fur trapper? Tipsy outback guide? Something...

- RAF

I was skipping through the show and caught it up to the Dean/Seth match and I hated myself for watching that live.  It was slow, boring and the worst match have for a "blood" feud.  I would hope Vince is pissed with them but I hope the agent responsible gets some blame as well.  I did catch AJ/Bryan which was just wonderful to watch.

I loved the main event but agree with Raf about the hesitation/positioning that took not only him but me out of the match at times also.  It was still fun and I love that Asuka won.  I can't help but think about @jaedmc and how much he was over the moon thrilled when Asuka won the Rumble.  I hope when he sees this he's happy with the result.  And while it took damn near a whole year they finally got it right.

30 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Well... that's an easy fix.

CRE2_dFWcAAob8V.jpg

After her title win, this is the other thing I'm waiting for with Asuka. A heel run where she becomes the scariest and most badass woman on the roster. I want her to make children cry or clutch onto their parent's arms when she makes her entrance. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Seth vs Dean reminded me of the AJ vs Joe matches. AJ should have come flying out of the gate to try to kill Joe and it was always just regular, respectful matches. Shit should have started like a hockey fight with them brawling all over. Seth vs Dean was the same way. They should have both been out to kill each other and instead they had this long and plodding match that once again had a large portion built around Seth's knee.

Sounds like that Christian vs Chris Jericho match at WMXX that people inexplicably liked.

15 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

I actually said this very thing earlier to my father. Though it's hard to imagine Brock losing to anyone (besides Reigns), let alone Rollins, at this point.

Fuck.. in the monthly thread I said they could just have Rollins beat Lesnar on RAW and get maybe a ratings pop.  Possibly.  Kill two birds with one stone.  I'm not a huge Rollins guy either.  

• Like 1