DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well you're kinda just proving my point there. But you're also rubbing salt in the wound by showing poor Liv going through that table. :(

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't blame him. I mean, it was completely illogically put together, killed the crowd, and might've hurt the guy Vince might be grooming for the top spot.

I haven't seen the match, I only watched the TLC main event, Nia/Rousey and Riott/Natalya. Are we placing the blame at the feet of Ambrose & Rollins, the agent, or a combination of all three? Surely Ambrose and Rollins have enough clout within the company that they can put their own match together with limited involvement, right?

My favourite part of the PPV is Nattie absolutely potatoeing Ruby Riott in the face after yelling "DON'T YOU EVER MESS WITH MY FAMILY, BITCH", and then instantly realising she connected and dropped the act to check on her.

Fuck I hate Nattie Neidhart. The constant leaching off dead relatives for heat is gross.

Also, why would she know they had a Jim Neidhart decal on a table, and had one of Ruby Riott made? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Well you're kinda just proving my point there. But you're also rubbing salt in the wound by showing poor Liv going through that table. :(

I haven't seen the match, I only watched the TLC main event, Nia/Rousey and Riott/Natalya. Are we placing the blame at the feet of Ambrose & Rollins, the agent, or a combination of all three? Surely Ambrose and Rollins have enough clout within the company that they can put their own match together with limited involvement, right?

I don't know who is responsible, but somebody fucked up.  A blood feud that looked like their normal match but at 3/4 speed, a "this is boring" chant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

My favourite part of the PPV is Nattie absolutely potatoeing Ruby Riott in the face after yelling "DON'T YOU EVER MESS WITH MY FAMILY, BITCH", and then instantly realising she connected and dropped the act to check on her.

Okay so that’s what happened there.

I had the match on mute because I can’t stand the angle and I especially didn’t want to listen to these announcers try and put it over.

I looked up and Nattie looked like Ruby had legit gotten hurt and was crying and then looked like she was gonna cry. And the kiss her.

That last part just might be me shipping 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bryan Alvarez thought Seth and Dean was supposed to be a ladder match as well, but I don't remember it ever being said as such.

There seemed to be a disproportionately high amount of ladders in the match graphic. I am relatively certain that was the plan at one point.

6 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Looking at the results only, story line wise Raw still seems totally fucked. Dead end angles and characters going nowhere. Even if Braun came back, what are you going to do with him, squash Corbin weekly?

Well I think everyone is expecting Charlotte and Becky to now be on RAW and if Vince is showing up to do a "shakeup" might as well blow up both rosters

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIShane said:

Yes! Reminds me that I love the cycle where Charlotte puts on incredible performances, fans kinda acknowledge that she's really good for a couple of days, then they magically forget about it to return to 'But she's not Becky!', 'But she's a Flair!', 'Vince likes her!", 'overpushed!' and all the other cliches.

"She's blonde"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Seth vs Dean reminded me of the AJ vs Joe matches. AJ should have come flying out of the gate to try to kill Joe and it was always just regular, respectful matches. Shit should have started like a hockey fight with them brawling all over. Seth vs Dean was the same way. They should have both been out to kill each other and instead they had this long and plodding match that once again had a large portion built around Seth's knee.

I like Rollins a lot and think many of you here shit on him when it may not be warranted, but I've always hated how Seth's matches inevitably work in his knee. MAYBE it was fine in the match against HHH, but beyond that it's just been totally unnecessary.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Flair/Rousey
Nia/Becky
Asuka/Naomi
Brock/Rollins
Braun/Drew
Miz/Shane

.... Bayley/Sasha vs........dunno, the Bellas? Shirai/Kairi? No idea where you go with AJ and Bryan - does Cena come back and challenge Bryan, or do you go with Rey? Another shot at Taker/Cena? Can they convince Shawn to do the AJ match? No-one else really matters at this point

I think the match for Asuka is Ember Moon.  Have Ember win the Rumble since you don't need the Rumble win to book Rhonda/Flair/Becky.  Ember uses her shot to chase her personal dragon.  It would be a good story for Ember to push her over the Asuka mountain story they've been slow burning.

I do think if you get to Becky vs Ronda at Mania (maybe with Charlotte, maybe not), she has to go through Nia first. There's a question of when that happens. I think you can do it at the Rumble, in the Rumble, with Nia eliminating 10+ people and Becky clearly and cleanly stopping her, but it's not as clean and clear as story as they generally like to tell. My gut says they try to do a Luger/Bret finish with Becky/Charlotte anyway. 

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know who is responsible, but somebody fucked up.  A blood feud that looked like their normal match but at 3/4 speed, a "this is boring" chant.

You could audibly hear the crowd groaning during the second half of the match every time one of them did the "I am going to stand here and taunt you for 15 seconds before doing my move" schtick, which just made an already bad match even worse.

It's stunning. All they had to do was flip the script from when they had the first heel Seth vs face Dean match turn into an all over the arena brawl that never even ended up becoming a proper match and everyone involved would have come out a lot better.

Instead, we got stuck with guys standing around for 30 seconds between moves attempting - and failing - to draw a crowd reaction based on the non-existent heat that both wrestlers and the match agent thought this feud had.

• Like 3

There's a certain Twilight Zone twist quality to this company coming to the realization that the top guys they've been looking for aren't guys at all. Becky's the best example of this--and not just because her "The Man" nickname is a direct reference to the phenomenon--but Ronda and Charlotte are also obviously stars. And then you've got Asuka and Naomi just beneath that level, Ember and (I still believe!) Sasha who could get there quickly, Shayna and Io and Kairi and Nikki ready pretty much whenever...

It's really only remarkable how quickly this has come to seem unremarkable. Women will main event Wrestlemania and it's so inevitable there needn't be any self congratulation about booking it that way.

Also: The New Daniel Bryan is the best of Old Bryan Danielson gone full Propagandhi and it's just the best thing in the world.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

DukhMtfWsAE-Pn7?format=jpg&name=small

R. I. P. Daisy the cow.

I love that the speculation most people have is that the title will now be a plant  ?

I assume it is just as bad on Smackdown but Corey trying to act like an environmentalist in order to justify Bryan's heel turn is just awful.   Thank god the match got so damn good that he had to go off shtick mode and do his job.

• Haha 2