DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

I don’t understand why they think that’s a good idea. But you’re probably not wrong.

Because McIntyre is a heel, and Strowman is injured (and doesn't have the backing from the right people supposedly, which is the important part). Rollins is a face, has the right supporters and is also pretty damn over with the live crowds.

McIntyre is still new to the main roster, this time around anyway. Give it a little time. He'll be in the mix by Summer 2019, if not immediately following WrestleMania.

Strowman has had so many chances, in kayfabe, against Lesnar (just like Reigns) and couldn't get the job done. I mean, Reigns eventually did, but it took like, what, 3 years or something? Rollins has had three matches against Lesnar, that I could find - one was a triple threat with Lesnar & Cena, the other was the WrestleMania MITB cash-in, and then a DQ loss to Lesnar. I'm pretty sure all of those happened within the same year, too.

Rollins/Lesnar is a fresh match-up. Strowman/Lesnar isn't. McIntyre/Lesnar would be, but it's not the time for it yet.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Seth Vs Dean should had been a hate filled brawl. Sometimes the match producers screw it up.

FUCK YOU DEAN. FUCK YOU SETH...*does chain wrestling*

I mean it was a good match. But you know, they should have been beating each other senseless. Especially with all those weapons just laying there.

• Like 4

Ambrose vs Rollins should have been the Chairs match, not Orton/Mysterio. Or, really, Lashley/Elias didn't need to be a ladder match. And wasn't that on the pre-show? That's a complete waste of a gimmick match.

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

Ambrose vs Rollins should have been the Chairs match, not Orton/Mysterio. Or, really, Lashley/Elias didn't need to be a ladder match. And wasn't that on the pre-show? That's a complete waste of a gimmick match.

I could have sworn that it was supposed to be a ladder match.

Two of the best main roster matches this year in The New Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles and Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka. Pleasantly surprised Bryan/Styles had a clean finish. The women beat the hell outta each other. My MOTN was Bryan vs. Styles.

• Like 1

Murphy/Cedric was nice enough.

Skipper Elias/Lashley & the MMC final.

The tag team triple threat was good fun. I liked the whole Braun/Corbin angle.

Nattie/Ruby was better than expected. I was impressed by Liv's willingness to die for our entertainment. Was nice to get a feel good moment with Nattie winning though I continue to feel sorry for the Riott Squad who really should have seen more success than this.

Finn/Drew was good while it lasted. I like that all of Drew's losses have been screwy so far.

Rey/Orton was decent enough. Dug some of chair moves they busted out.

Rousey/Nia was pretty damn good, even better than their last match. The chemistry the two have is ridiculous along with Rousey's continued level of growth and talent for someone still in her first year of wrestling. Dug Nia getting smacked by Becky in the back post match.

Bryan/AJ was fantastic, easily MOTN. Was surprised at the clean finish. Really hope Bryan makes it WM as champ. This might be the best he has looked his entire time in WWE.

I didn't dislike Ambrose/Rollins though I hated the commentary. There was way too much going on about Renee's relationship with Dean. The match itself wasn't bad and I actually enjoyed it more after from the leg attack and on. I'm mostly pleased Dean won and is champ.

The TLC match was awesome and second only to AJ/Bryan tonight. All three women looked great, but Charlotte was on fire. Enraged murderous Charlotte really is the most entertaining she has been so it awesome seeing it coming again in full this match. Man though was it hard not to worry when Becky made that dive ass first into poor Charlotte's ribs. Rousey's interference at the end was perfect. I'm pretty darn happy Asuka is champ.

Good show overall.

• Like 5

I was way into all of the SDL matches. Best Raw match was probably Rousey vs Nia. I fucking loved AJ vs Bryan. As much as I loved the Yes Movement Bryan leading up to WM 30, this version is WAY more fun. 

But then those two were topped by the main event. I had tears in my eyes for Asuka finally winning the Women's Championship. Long overdue and the crowd went banana for it. 

• Like 5

Before I read other reactions:

I didn't watch the preshow

Truth and Mela is a perfect use of both of them

SD tag was fine but the division is really starting to get stale around these three teams alone.

Corbin thing was exactly the right way to handle Braun not being ready.

Natty/Ruby was a thing that happened. I hated the story so much I didn't pay attention really. The stickers of people on the tables thing was just dumb.

Bàlor/Drew was cooking with gas. Could've lived with Dolph, but whatevs. Good stuff.

Fuck Randy Orton.

Ronda/Nia was fine. I liked their first match more.

Bryan/Styles was great. AJ being more aggressive, all the nasty submissions, a clean but not decisive finish... Fuck yes.

Ambrose/Rollins was holy shit levels of bad. Like, I'm not really a fan of either guy at all, but I was still shocked how terrible this was. The crowd didn't give a single shit about any of it either. That was a disaster. 

Women's TLC was great. The booking made perfect sense and protected everybody.  It took awhile, but they woke the crowd back up as well. Edges the WWE title for MOTN

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CastleVania Rey said:

What do you think is "one of" the best WWE PPVs of the past decade? Not being rhetorical. Just actually curious.

Not directed at me, but off the top of my head: Money in the Bank 2011, Extreme Rules 2012, SummerSlam 2013 and WrestleMania 31.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not directed at me, but off the top of my head: Money in the Bank 2011, Extreme Rules 2012, SummerSlam 2013 and WrestleMania 31.

Great picks. I woke up to watch Extreme Rules 2012 and SummerSlam 2013 live from 1am till 3am in the morning. Both worth the effort. I bought SummerSlam 2013 on DVD, I rarely buy events on DVD.

Seth and Dean really need to be on different shows. Make Seth's rematch for the IC title into a loser leaves town match and keep them apart for a good long while.

What's next for Bryan and AJ? Bryan won cleanly so AJ doesn't really have a claim to a rematch, as much as I'd like to see more from them. Rey, Almas, Russev, or Joe being Bryan's next challenger would be great, though Rey is the only face there. Vicious heel Bryan vs Rey going after one last title at Mania isn't the worst thing they could do.

13 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If we count 2010 as being in this decade, there's also WrestleMania 26 to consider. But it could have been better if Punk and Mysterio had a little more time (maybe if they gave some of the Hart/McMahon time to it).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Because McIntyre is a heel, and Strowman is injured (and doesn't have the backing from the right people supposedly, which is the important part). Rollins is a face, has the right supporters and is also pretty damn over with the live crowds.

McIntyre is still new to the main roster, this time around anyway. Give it a little time. He'll be in the mix by Summer 2019, if not immediately following WrestleMania.

Strowman has had so many chances, in kayfabe, against Lesnar (just like Reigns) and couldn't get the job done. I mean, Reigns eventually did, but it took like, what, 3 years or something? Rollins has had three matches against Lesnar, that I could find - one was a triple threat with Lesnar & Cena, the other was the WrestleMania MITB cash-in, and then a DQ loss to Lesnar. I'm pretty sure all of those happened within the same year, too.

Rollins/Lesnar is a fresh match-up. Strowman/Lesnar isn't. McIntyre/Lesnar would be, but it's not the time for it yet.

Rollins causes a chartable decline in tv ratings whenever he’s on, and his reactions have started to wane a bit. He’s also an awful promo, and I can’t imagine a world where we open with ten minute babyface Rollins promo. Ugh. We know what Rollins is. Putting the belt on him for any length of time would be a serious mistake.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bryan Alvarez thought Seth and Dean was a ladder match as well, but I don't remember it ever being said as such.

Now showing: SHAZAAM, starring Sinbad!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bryan Alvarez thought Seth and Dean was supposed to be a ladder match as well, but I don't remember it ever being said as such.

And Meltzer brought up the fact that Vince was supposedly really fucking angry at how their match turned out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

And Meltzer brought up the fact that Vince was supposedly really fucking angry at how their match turned out.

I don't blame him. I mean, it was completely illogically put together, killed the crowd, and might've hurt the guy Vince might be grooming for the top spot.

• Like 2