DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

Ronda reminds me so much of when Kurt came in.  A super athlete who gets it right away.  She was awesome again with Nia.  

Yeah,  Rollins vs. Ambrose was the one weak match on the card.  The work was...  fine..  I guess but everything from the announcing and the layout of what was supposed to be a blood brawl was just terrible.  

It reminded me of when Orton fought Hunter at WM and they proceeded to have this super long boring match after months of hate.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Oh, this please.  And have the extra even-up match be against Shayna Baszler.

Yes.  I mean what do they have to lose?  The women are by far the best stuff on both shows.  Give me more Ronda,  more Becky,  more Asuka,  More Charlotte.  I'd say more Sasha but you know that won't happen.  :lol: 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Apart from the match being dull, that may have been the worst announcing I've ever heard. Like, not bad in an incompetent or crazy way, but so distracting and heat-killing to spend at least 15 minutes talking about how quiet Dean is around the house. Like, if you have this liability in the booking that Renee is married to Dean, maybe acknowledge it and move on but don't shine a spotlight on it and make the entire match about it.  Unless you're going to bring Renee into it...which they are probably stupid enough to do.

Basically all of this. 

Cory was annoying in continuing to ask Renee about Dean and Renee just couldn’t keep up. 

Add to the fact this is a blood fued and Renee couldn’t be bothered. 

Bryan with dragons on his knee pads and a small package win? Long live the dragon. 

Hope we get a Becky and Askua fued. 

• Like 2

Just about the PPV of the year (NXT New Orleans still just in front) but holy shit that main event.

I think we get Becky winning the Rumble and calling out Ronda. Then we get Becky v Charlotte "One Last Time" at Fastlane and Charlotte winning the Elimination Chamber to get a rematch vs Asuka.

Mania should legit finish with back to back women's title matches.

Incredible.

• Like 2

Charlotte's jock rage face is the greatest thing ever.

The ending now allows Asuka to go on and do title things while Ronda/Charlotte/Becky continue to do rage monster things to each other.

Also as dumb as it was to take time up in a PPV, the idea that Corbin is so stupid as to shit on everyone and then book himself in a no D.Q. match for his job is amusing. The sad part is that this means he'll be back to just being a shitty wrestler taking up feud space now.

• Like 1

I thought Rollins/Ambrose was supposed to be a ladder match. 

Rollins and Ambrose need to be kept apart for a while. You can tell neither one's heart is into this feud. It should have been scrapped after everything with Roman. Between the mentioning of Roman, the video package, bringing up Renee and Dean's personal life; this angle is like all the worst parts about WWE. 

Heel Dragon has been a complete re-birth. What a change from Big Cass and the dull never-ending Miz feud. We're getting closer and closer to Bryan using "I have til five, referee.". More Bryan/AJ matches, please.

The main event awesome. I'm glad Asuka finally got her big win. Yes, Ronda's run-in makes sense storyline-wise, but it takes some of the shine away from Asuka's win.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ronda reminds me so much of when Kurt came in.  A super athlete who gets it right away.  She was awesome again with Nia.  

Yeah,  Rollins vs. Ambrose was the one weak match on the card.  The work was...  fine..  I guess but everything from the announcing and the layout of what was supposed to be a blood brawl was just terrible.  

It reminded me of when Orton fought Hunter at WM and they proceeded to have this super long boring match after months of hate.  

I take issue with this. This is a prime example why Seth Rollins still mostly sucks. It was a match built around Ambrose working over Rollins Knee. And Rollins STILL busts out 2 running powebombs and the stupid as shit Superplex/DEADLIFT FALCON ARROW spot with a bad knee. 

WWE needs to ban anyone working over Rollins knee because it's always fucking awful cause Seth always has to get his shit in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Also as dumb as it was to take time up in a PPV, the idea that Corbin is so stupid as to shit on everyone and then book himself in a no D.Q. match for his job is amusing. The sad part is that this means he'll be back to just being a shitty wrestler taking up feud space now.

Yeah, but shitty wrestler Corbin doesn't take up 1/3 of Raw.

Shitty wrestler Corbin > Shitty GM Corbin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My solution to the weekly TV situation.   From now until Mania change the name of the show from RAW to Superstars and book nothing but squash matches,  promos, vignettes and The Barbershop.  

I am all for that. Baron Corbin should absolutely be a job guy. Come to think of it, change his name to Brian Corbin. Brian Corbin would have definately been a late 80s-early 90s Superstars/Wrestling Challenge jobber.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

WWE needs to ban anyone working over Rollins knee because it's always fucking awful cause Seth always has to get his shit in.

I hear you and I dislike it also but it's not an issue exclusive to Rollins.  It's a big issue on the indy scene also.  Everyone always has to get their shit in especially in ROH and PWG.  I believe we are seeing more of it in WWE because this is the style that "hardcores" swear up and down is the greatest shit ever.  That's just my opinion on it.  

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hear you and I dislike it also but it's not an issue exclusive to Rollins.  It's a big issue on the indy scene also.  Everyone always has to get their shit in especially in ROH and PWG.  I believe we are seeing more of it in WWE because this is the style that "hardcores" swear up and down is the greatest shit ever.  That's just my opinion on it.  

Well the problem is this was a problem with Rollins on the indies too. He's one of those guys that led to the popularity of this style on the indies after the technical wrestling run of 02-07. And he seemingly never really learned the lessons from it.

Though this wouldn't be a problem if they would just stop doing leg based matches with him. He gave a "AJ Styles at RoH 2nd Anniversary Show" level of bad selling tonight, and that has always been my gold standard as to "Here is how you DON'T wrestle with a damaged limb" reference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I am all for that. Baron Corbin should absolutely be a job guy. Come to think of it, change his name to Brian Corbin. Brian Corbin would have definately been a late 80s-early 90s Superstars/Wrestling Challenge jobber.

He looks like a guy who was a bouncer and then the bartender went on vacation and he told the owner "I can make drinks.."  So,  the next time I see Corbin it better be a vignette inside of a dive bar or strip club. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

WWE trying to get me to boo Daniel Bryan by having him go full anticapitalist in his promos is definitely not gonna be working anytime soon.

He is a working class hero. I love him with all of my heart. Especially when he's facing the homophobic jerk.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He looks like a guy who was a bouncer and then the bartender went on vacation and he told the owner "I can make drinks.."  So,  the next time I see Corbin it better be a vignette inside of a dive bar or strip club. 

It would be Tim White's bar, the Friendly Tap.

• Like 1