DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

I'd describe Corbin as "boringly competent"

But good Lord he is not a guy who should be in literally 1/4 - 1/3 of the show every week. He's just boring. I mean, when he's in the opening segment and you use that segment to tell the audience he'll be in the main event as well, people are going to change the channel.

• Like 4

Predictions:

Charlotte Flair wins the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Title. Tough call this as I can see Becky and Asuka also winning. 

AJ Styles wins by DQ or countout to get a rematch at the Royal Rumble. 

Dean Ambrose is the new WWE Intercontinental Champion.

Ronda Rousey retains the WWE RAW Women's Championship. 

The Bar retain the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles.

Buddy Murphy defends the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. 

Braun Strowman. Don't care. 

Drew McIntyre.

Rey Mysterio.

Elias. 

R-Truth and Carmella. 

Ruby Riott. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh fuck you Ronda.  

I booed out loud at first but it makes so much sense booking-wise that I think it's fine.

That match had me trembling. It was fucking glorious. Charlotte's spear on Asuka through the barrier was the fastest I've ever seen a horrifying wall of muscle come at something.

• Like 3

Just now, hammerva said:

That main event was everything Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins wasn't 

Apart from the match being dull, that may have been the worst announcing I've ever heard. Like, not bad in an incompetent or crazy way, but so distracting and heat-killing to spend at least 15 minutes talking about how quiet Dean is around the house. Like, if you have this liability in the booking that Renee is married to Dean, maybe acknowledge it and move on but don't shine a spotlight on it and make the entire match about it.  Unless you're going to bring Renee into it...which they are probably stupid enough to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The woman’s match delivered so so so so much. All three of Becky, Charlotte and Asuka emote so well. There was not one point of that match where it felt choreographed. TLC matches are, by nature, the most choreographed of stupulations. They looked like they wanted to both win the title and hurt each other. Rousey’s interference was perfect. It gets them to the next part of the story. I am guessing we are headed to a three way dance woman’s match the will very likely headline WM. That is awesome. And maybe a resurgent Asuka gets there too?

It is wild. Anytime I watch the women I feel like I am watching something Important. People crapped on the debut of the Revolution all those years ago. The war has been won. The women’s division is the best wrestling in the WWE right now and are putting everyone else to shame.

• Like 7