DVDVR Message Board

WWE TLC 2018 -12/16

RIPPA

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

So I assume putting Asuka in the match lets them take the title off Becky which frees her up to win the Rumble/face Ronda at Mania.

I'm leaning towards an Asuka win as it leaves things open for either Becky, Charlotte, or both--the latter possible via something like a tied finish in the Royal Rumble.

• Like 1

If Charlotte wins, then Becky wins the Rumble, decides she has nothing to prove against Charlotte and goes after Rhonda at Mania while Askua gets back into the title picture and seeks to avenge last year's Mania loss to Charlotte.

If Askua wins, then you go with what was likely the plan before Becky got super over and have Charlotte win the Rumble to go after Rhonda at Mania while Becky looks to get her title back from Asuka at Mania.

If Becky wins, same scenario as with Asuka winning only with Asuka going into Mania as the challenger.

Any scenario is ok with me as these are all potentially great matches, so the powers that be screwing it up is well over .500.

• Like 1

This MMC stuff looks a real debacle.

So aside from the rumour being Bray/Elias/Finn vs Corbin/Lashley/McIntyre as the Braun replacement, the women's TLC leaves not a lot for the MMC, outside of yet another replacement.

Jinder/Alicia vs R-Truth and Carmella or Jimmy/Naomi for spot 30 in the Rumble because no-one else left?

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

R-Truth could make some decent comedy having #30 in the rumble.

Have him swap it for pick 1 on the night? Turn up at pick 30 in the women's rumble? Actually that could be a pretty cool moment. Have Braun not heard from in weeks. #30 countdown happens. No-one comes out. Cut to Corbin yelling at R-Truth in the back that he's due to come out. Turns out he gave it to that guy. Cue Braun's music.

• Like 1

Two top Smackdown Live matches in Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship (even if it goes to a DQ/Countout so there's a rematch at the Royal Rumble, it's still Bryan vs. Styles) and Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka for the Man's WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship in a TLC match. Fuck RAW.

• Like 2

So we've had.

A women's Royal Rumble match.

A women's Elimination Chamber match.

Women's Money in the Bank Ladder match.

Women's Hell in a Cell match.

An all women's PPV.

A women's match main eventing a PPV.

A Iron Woman match.

A Last Woman Standing match.

A TLC match.

Thinking I'm missing something. The big one left is a WrestleMania main event and I see that happening at next year's WrestleMania.

47 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Women's TLC has to main event this show right?

Probably. These cards normally end with one of the big gimmick matches, which Ambrose-Rollins isn't this time around. If that were a ladder match or something, I could definitely see it going on last. 

That said, I put nothing by them. I wouldn't be stunned if they think this Baron Corbin stuff is hot enough to close the show. 

Women's 60 minute Iron Man

Women's 3 stages of Hell

Women's Buried Alive match

Women's Coal Miner's Glove match

Women's Chain/Collar match

They can keep this going for a while...

As for a prediction - Im not sure who wins but I think we end up with Rumble winner Rhonda Rousey and her jumping to SDL (and FOX) to take the fight back to Lynch and Flair. Nia can take/retain the title through cheating and face Ember Moon at Mania.

• Like 1

Usually when someone gets over like that, they try to give them an entourage. And let's face it, the name 'Lynch Mob' is exactly the sort of thing they'd think was a good idea.

• Haha 1

Give me vignettes of Becky building a coffin for Nia Jax in an olde-tyme furniture shop in a throwback to Taker building Kamala's coffin.

That's a coffin, not a casket. The difference is the shape of the two. Since it's the holidays and I'm a giving person, I'm going to give my DVDVR family a gift they can share with others. The term undertaker came to be as the original undertakers in America were furniture makers who began building coffins and caskets, thus undertaking a new business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Give me vignettes of Becky building a coffin for Nia Jax in an olde-tyme furniture shop in a throwback to Taker building Kamala's coffin.

That's a coffin, not a casket. The difference is the shape of the two. Since it's the holidays and I'm a giving person, I'm going to give my DVDVR family a gift they can share with others. The term undertaker came to be as the original undertakers in America were furniture makers who began building coffins and caskets, thus undertaking a new business.

The better coffin-building video.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I liked OSW Review's take on that bit:

• Like 1