DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Dean's Love Letters To Seth - 11/19/18

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, AxB said:

OK, so you either think it's not Steph's fault at all because she has no power of veto over lines that are scripted for her... or you think it's possible that it might be Steph's fault, but are mortally offended that anyone might consider a possibility to, in their opinion, actually be a probability.

Are you actually in love with Stephanie McMahon-Levesque?

I'm not filled with irrational hatred for her to the point where I blame things on her that I have no reason to believe she is responsible for, so I guess it must be love. 

I hope everyone using the logic that the talent should refuse to read lines or work angles that are offensive is just as pissed at Dean Ambrose. Or Austin for stunning Stacy, Rock for years of homophobic shit, Kane for Katie Vick. They all had the cache to get angles vetoed. Are they bad people or not?

Dean Ambrose's street thug gimmick on the indies wasn't really a gimmick, Austin's violence towards women is still black mark against him, Rock is cool with gay people ever since he made Be Cool, Katie Vick was HHH's angle not Kane's, and Randy Orton is still a racist vandal who was dishonourably discharged. Anyone else?

On 11/20/2018 at 1:31 AM, SorceressKnight said:

she's not the biggest woman in WWE anymore so she doesn't have "well, she has value as a monster heel", 

I think she carries herself as a monster better than Nia ever has, who wants to be a monster but also pretty. I think looking different than the other women is enough of a reason to keep her around.

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Dean Ambrose's street thug gimmick on the indies wasn't really a gimmick, Austin's violence towards women is still black mark against him, Rock is cool with gay people ever since he made Be Cool, Katie Vick was HHH's angle not Kane's, and Randy Orton is still a racist vandal who was dishonourably discharged. Anyone else?

So why is it that we don't derail every thread that Austin is mentioned in yelling about what a piece of shit he is? What is the difference? Because we like his wrestling angles? Isn't violently beating multiple wives just as offensive as an insensitive scripted remark? Seems like it's a pretty clear double standard. 

I've recently talked with you specifically about people's weird need to shit on Stephanie in particular. This is exactly what I was talking about. Niners is just trolling but he's pretty much confirming it. 

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

So why is it that we don't derail every thread that Austin is mentioned in yelling about what a piece of shit he is? What is the difference? Because we like his wrestling angles? Isn't violently beating multiple wives just as offensive as an insensitive scripted remark? Seems like it's a pretty clear double standard. 

If he was beating his wife every week on TV, we'd be bringing it up every week. People keep bringing up not liking Steph because she keeps showing up on TV and doing things that annoy them.

Possibly the fact that you yourself seem to get really wound up every time it happens, is a another reason it keeps happening. If you know someone's trolling you for their personal amusement, why rise to it?

• Like 1