DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Dean's Love Letters To Seth - 11/19/18

Dolfan in NYC

I was thinking about Brock Lesnar WWE matches since he returned and he's either programmed with someone repeatedly (Reigns, Triple H and Braun) or one and dones (Bryan, Styles and Punk). I'd prefer rematch with Bryan and Styles to a rinse and repeat of Brock vs. Braun.

11 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

How dare you besmirch the good name of High Energy by comparing them to Sasha.

Sasha has done more in her short career than The Birdman did in his entire career.  I know someone will say "oh he was good in Georgia,  he was good in Memphis."  Not impressive enough to balance out his WWF garbage. 

5 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It’s less about the meaning of the term, and more about the use of the term so soon after controversially holding a PPV in a country whose ruler ordered the dismemberment of a dissident.

That part totally slipped my mind. Now the question worth asking is whether or not it was intentional considering the pettiness and spitefulness of the McMahons. The usage of the phrase being purely coincidental is a heavy load to swallow. Or it could've just been a Freudian slip caused by guilt. 

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

I don't recall Tamina as AJ's muscle all that well. I thought Tamina's best role was the badass muscle on Team BAD.

I enjoyed Tamina most here too. I don't think she's cut out for a singles run at this point but she's fine in groups or teams. People were clamoring for more Tamina/Nia interactions after last year's Survivor Series. So, of course they pull the trigger a year later when most no longer care. 

Good stuff from Nattie/Ruby last night. The feud seems to be happening mostly off camera but I have enjoyed the matches. 

46 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha has done more in her short career than The Birdman did in his entire career.  I know someone will say "oh he was good in Georgia,  he was good in Memphis."  Not impressive enough to balance out his WWF garbage. 

Birdman had a beloved animal mascot. Sasha has Bayley.

Koko 1 Sasha 0

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This might be a new record for Goal Post moving.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Strap in, gang: The Meltz is saying this isn't the last time we'll be hearing about Roman's leukemia during this Rollins-Ambrose feud. 

The WWE really needs to hire continuity editors for their programming. If you watched the Chronicle thing on Ambrose, he did a way better job laying out why he did what he did there. If they are going to use Roman like this, in their mind you know Vince is thinking "well, if we run him down now it will make people very sympathetic to him when he comes back".  I hope Roman is able to beat this and come back, but I honestly don't think Roman is gonna need help with sympathy when that day comes back and he returns.

On another topic, am I the only one who doesn't like the way Ronda sets up her armbar when she's like just holding the arm and trash talking? When she hits the armbar out of nowhere it's amazing. But I just don't like the one where she holds the arm and tells them what's coming. That spinning fireman's carry she does (I think they are gonna called it The Piper's Pit) is a much better finisher.

• Like 1

The biggest problem is that if anyone watched his Chronicle episode, they know Dean is emotional about Roman and their relationship. Reigns is the light-hearted friend a hardened guy like Ambrose needed and for now, that's gone and Dean's way of coming to terms with it is go back toward the dark side.

If they showed where Roman's illness broke Dean and he couldn't handle losing the one friend who hadn't betrayed him, so the old wound Seth inflicted came back to the surface? That's compelling, especially if Seth has to work through the guilt of his past transgressions while trying to reach Dean's goodness. 

The way they're doing it now, however, it feels like the only way they can get heat is through Roman. That it's the only way to keep Dean heel and hope everyone stays behind Seth for protecting Roman's honor. And if they have to depend on a guy at home with cancer to move the narrative--OOF.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The biggest problem is that if anyone watched his Chronicle episode, they know Dean is emotional about Roman and their relationship. Reigns is the light-hearted friend a hardened guy like Ambrose needed and for now, that's gone and Dean's way of coming to terms with it is go back toward the dark side.

If they showed where Roman's illness broke Dean and he couldn't handle losing the one friend who hadn't betrayed him, so the old wound Seth inflicted came back to the surface? That's compelling, especially if Seth has to work through the guilt of his past transgressions while trying to reach Dean's goodness. 

The way they're doing it now, however, it feels like the only way they can get heat is through Roman. That it's the only way to keep Dean heel and hope everyone stays behind Seth for protecting Roman's honor. And if they have to depend on a guy at home with cancer to move the narrative--OOF.

If creative would use maybe a 1/5th of your explanation then I doubt anyone complains that much. 

The problem is that you're WAY more thoughtful than they ever could be. 

• Like 2

Someone called Ronda a "Corporate champion" and an "overhyped Sandy Hook Truther TERF!" in a reply to a WWE tweet with the Ronda promo video from last night. ?‍♂️

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

I was thinking about Brock Lesnar WWE matches since he returned and he's either programmed with someone repeatedly (Reigns, Triple H and Braun) or one and dones (Bryan, Styles and Punk). I'd prefer rematch with Bryan and Styles to a rinse and repeat of Brock vs. Braun.

Hasn't he only wrestled Braun twice? With the Saudi match being more of an angle than a match?

21 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Didn't watch the show, just read the results.  But if Burgundy's comment is what happened, WWE can fuck off putting a man's real life-or-death struggle into their bullshit angles.

I know it’s been more than a decade, but remember that “ Eddie’s in Hell?”