DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Dean's Love Letters To Seth - 11/19/18

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Sasha and Bayley came off looking like a 90s jobber tag team tonight, complete with attire somewhere between Sparkplug-era Bob Holly and High Energy.

I thought they made them look fairly strong. Nia and Tamina are clearly the top female heels on Raw now, but they only won bc they cheated. Thought Sasha and Bayley brought their working boots, actually. 

If you meant visually, then yeah. I could see that.

• Like 1

Tamina is a top heel on the flagship show and she gets crickets when her music hits. That's crazy that she's being put into that position and nobody even cares about her. And she sucks in the ring too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Tamina is a top heel on the flagship show and she gets crickets when her music hits. That's crazy that she's being put into that position and nobody even cares about her. And she sucks in the ring too.

I didn't say it was a good idea. I guess they figure at her age, it's time to fish or cut bait with her. 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Good thing they have put all of the Susan G Kommen pandering in the rear view window because yeah that is pretty bad.  

I only saw highlights but did Stephanie apparently use the phrase "dismembered" on the show.   Not as bad as having Dean Ambrose act like Pat Robertson but still questionable as fuck

Disemboweled would've been bad. Dismembered just means Braun is forbidden from literally ripping Constipatable Corbin's arms and legs off. 

1 hour ago, just drew said:

I didn't say it was a good idea. I guess they figure at her age, it's time to fish or cut bait with her. 

Honestly, that point was years ago.

There is literally no excuse for Tamina as a star. Not over, not talented, not charismatic, she's not the biggest woman in WWE anymore so she doesn't have "well, she has value as a monster heel", Jimmy Snuka's an un-person so her second generation status doesn't matter. 

She's somehow devolved past last year from "She's less than nothing since the NXT roster could replace her", to "the MYC/coconut loop women could replace her", and straight to "the division would be better with nothing at all. Tamina is somehow worse than nothing."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

There is literally no excuse for Tamina as a star. Not over, not talented, not charismatic, she's not the biggest woman in WWE anymore so she doesn't have "well, she has value as a monster heel", Jimmy Snuka's an un-person so her second generation status doesn't matter. 

She's somehow devolved past last year from "She's less than nothing since the NXT roster could replace her", to "the MYC/coconut loop women could replace her", and straight to "the division would be better with nothing at all. Tamina is somehow worse than nothing."

I personally don't disagree with you on any of those points. I'm just trying to figure out what WWE is thinking. Well, I kinda disagree on one point. She's not untalented. There's a role she's capable of filling. I laugh my ass off when she kicks yaks in the face. That makes me laugh. Other than that, I'm at a loss. And having her as a focal point is a huge mistake.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I suppose in this case its only as Nia's sidekick to create more of a perceived challenge for Ronda at TLC. Ronda basically had Nia beat at MITB before Alexa's cash-in, so now we can predictably see her overcome both at TLC.

14 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The only role I could see Tamina filling successfully is the heater for some chickenshit heel who cheats to help her win but doesn't actually wrestle that much.

Yeah, she's perfect for that bodyguard heater role.

But it's a weird pairing with Nia, who doesn't fit the mold of someone that needs a bodyguard.

If/when the long rumored tag division launches, they make way more sense as a monster heel team though.

It's a bit much but the goal is to stress how many shades of shit need to be beat out of Ronda in order (for even a much larger opponent) Nia to have any shot whatsoever of defeating her.  While Vader never needed the likes of Mr. Hughes, Meng, Barbarian or the Big Boss Man as muscle to take on Hogan, Nia hasn't exactly been booked like an immovable object besides Ronda making her look like a legitimate monster at Money In The Bank. That sloppy reckless punch is really the only thing that could've restored some much needed menace to her character heading into the rematch with Ronda. Still even with Face Breaker and the fact that their previous match didn't have a conclusive finish, throwing in Tamina is a necessary element to cause some doubt over whether Ronda will retain the title or not. 

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

The only role I could see Tamina filling successfully is the heater for some chickenshit heel who cheats to help her win but doesn't actually wrestle that much.

The only time Tamina was ever interesting was playing the Diesel to AJ Lee's Michaels. Aside from that, she's basically a gatekeeper heel that it doesn't feel impressive to beat. She's been around almost ten years and never come close to winning a belt, or even winning a feud, so beating her means nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

The only time Tamina was ever interesting was playing the Diesel to AJ Lee's Michaels. Aside from that, she's basically a gatekeeper heel that it doesn't feel impressive to beat. She's been around almost ten years and never come close to winning a belt, or even winning a feud, so beating her means nothing. 

I don't recall Tamina as AJ's muscle all that well. I thought Tamina's best role was the badass muscle on Team BAD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Disemboweled would've been bad. Dismembered just means Braun is forbidden from literally ripping Constipatable Corbin's arms and legs off. 

It’s less about the meaning of the term, and more about the use of the term so soon after controversially holding a PPV in a country whose ruler ordered the dismemberment of a dissident.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What did Tamina ever do to anyone?  She's as much a "top heel" as I am the locker room leader of the DVDVR message board.  She's at best the Barbarian to Nia Jax's Meng.  

Dean and Seth killed that show dead with a terrible promo series no one should have been watching.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

She does have a great superkick

Oddly enough, that topic began this morning's semi-racist pro wrestling discussion here at work concerning Pacific Island Workers with Gorilla Monsoon's Proverbial "Educated Feet." 

Tamina's superkick has some Samoan SWAT Team stank on it.  Her dad had some decent kicks in his offense, but nothing that hurty looking and I don't think her brother (still going by Deuce?) did either.

We came up with dozens of examples of PI workers that had crispy kick spots in their move set but when it came down naming notable PI non-kickers or ones with really shitty kick spots, we only came up with The Rock, Rosey, Roman Reigns, and the GoD. 

This is when we realized that the main reason most of us hate the GoD is because they do not wrestle like the FoF or the SST.

I watched this show until the point where the score of the Rams - Chiefs game started looking less like football and more like High School Basketball.

I love NFL games that turn into area football contests where no one plays defense, so I flipped the channel.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

What did Tamina ever do to anyone?  She's as much a "top heel" as I am the locker room leader of the DVDVR message board.  She's at best the Barbarian to Nia Jax's Meng.  

Dean and Seth killed that show dead with a terrible promo series no one should have been watching.

The Barbarian was awesome though. She's more like the times Hugh Morrus would team up with Meng.

10 hours ago, Peck said:

Can just imagine Bobby Heenan....

"That's not a belt, Monsoon. Lashley is using a tourniquet to stop Braun's bleeding! What a humanitarian."

"Will you STOP?"

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, Peck said:

Can just imagine Bobby Heenan....

"That's not a belt, Monsoon. Lashley is using a tourniquet to stop Braun's bleeding! What a humanitarian."

"Will you STOP?"

There is actually a YouTube playlist of Monsoon / Heenan classic WWE moments called WILL YOU STOP?

I am sad that the Bobby The Brain commentary moment that has made me laugh the most was Heenan dying of laughter during a Hacksaw Jim Duggan match where Sciavone had mentioned that Duggan was an intelligent man.  That was in WCW, not WWE. :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

The Barbarian was awesome though. She's more like the times Hugh Morrus would team up with Meng.

Relative to card position not to talent level.

By Mike Johnson on 2018-11-20 11:21:00
In checking with several additional sources this morning, my initial report about the Braun Strowman injury being a work was incorrect.  I apologize for that and have amended the original story from this morning.

Strowman does have a legitimate elbow issue that may require surgery and will be getting it looked at this week.  It is believed to be a minor issue and something WWE can work around leading into the WWE TLC PPV, but until they perform the surgery, they won't have 100% confirmation of that.

The storyline aspect of the injury being worked into the show, described on commentary as a "shattered elbow", was done to boost Baron Corbin's ability to work over Strowman when they face off as well as give him a big superhuman comeback early from a devastating injury.

Strowman is slated to face Corbin in a TLC match at the 12/16 WWE TLC PPV in San Jose.  If Strowman wins, he earns a WWE Universal title bout at Champion Brock Lesnar at the 2019 Royal Rumble in Phoenix, Arizona.

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

It doesn't matter if they ran the promo by Roman or not. There's literally no reason to continue invoking Roman's name. None. Nothing is gained from it. It's especially gross when you basically say Roman has cancer again because of what he's done, whatever that might. It's just fucking repugnant.

This.

• Like 3