DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Dean's Love Letters To Seth - 11/19/18

Dolfan in NYC

That comment of Roman getting what he deserves with his cancer went over bad. The crowd seemed too shocked to even boo. Seems like they had Dean sort of walk it back later by saying his fight with Seth wasn't about Roman. But the damage was done.

Is Braun legit hurt? That elbow spot looked nasty.

Not a good show.

• Like 4

I like how Braun was crushed to death in a garbage truck last year, but yet somehow I'm supposed to be concerned tonight when he gets an elbow injury?  

Didn't watch the show, just read the results.  But if Burgundy's comment is what happened, WWE can fuck off putting a man's real life-or-death struggle into their bullshit angles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good thing they have put all of the Susan G Kommen pandering in the rear view window because yeah that is pretty bad.  

I only saw highlights but did Stephanie apparently use the phrase "dismembered" on the show.   Not as bad as having Dean Ambrose act like Pat Robertson but still questionable as fuck

To put it in perspective: Dean said The Shield did more harm than good, that people loved them but didn't know how rotten to the core they were. Dean goes on to say time has caught up to them and they have to pay for what they've done. Look at Roman, Dean claims, who has to answer to God for what he's done. Seth has it worse, however, because he has to answer to Dean.

It landed badly. No one was into it.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
To add more of the actual promo
  • Like 4

"Hey we had a reasonably hot show last night: matches were better than expected, crowd was into it, furthered some angles, sowed seeds for some new ones.  We're past having to set up the horribly contrived Raw/SD angles, were can take advantage of the big hot crowd.  How do we do that?"

"Have Baron Corbin start the show by bragging how well he did, then bring out Stephanie to also brag.  After about 5-10 minutes of this, have Braun come out and negotiate with Stephanie for a match that no one in the world believes he has a chance at losing against a guy who no one cares about!"

"Brilliant!"

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That comment of Roman getting what he deserves with his cancer went over bad. The crowd seemed too shocked to even boo. Seems like they had Dean sort of walk it back later by saying his fight with Seth wasn't about Roman. But the damage was done.

Is Braun legit hurt? That elbow spot looked nasty.

Not a good show.

WWE deserves whatever backlash they get for that. Whomever came up with that, Vince included, deserve a tire iron to the face.

The continued use of Jim Neidhart's death in the Nattie/Ruby feud is quite disgusting as well. 

There's a nice corner in hell already being arranged for Vince with a giant dinosaur fossil.

33 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I LOVED Lashley cosplaying as "The Natural" Butch Reed.

hqdefault.jpg

31 minutes ago, Edwin said:

To be fair, Lio Rush looks more like Butch Reed.

Lashley and Lio as Reed and Slick would be pretty damn good. Get a suit and a Kangol hat for Lio, then we're talking.

• Like 1

I didn't really have a problem with the use of Neidhart because it was kind of goofy with making such a huge deal about a broken sunglasses.  But then Renee read what the Riott Squad said about the family and some of that stuff was pretty fucked up.  I mean when Corey Graves who is supposed to be the over the top heel on the group thinks it is kind of messed up 

Dean murdering Seth again at the end was nice. The line on Roman was too far. Stuff like that just isn't going to work with something that is truly life threatening.

Kind of impressed Ronda managed to win back the crowd with how much they were against her coming in. Really hope the Charlotte match happens at RR.

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Dean murdering Seth again at the end was nice. The line on Roman was too far. Stuff like that just isn't going to work with something that is truly life threatening.

Kind of impressed Ronda managed to win back the crowd with how much they were against her coming in. Really hope the Charlotte match happens at RR.

The Roman line reeks of Reid Flair's death being brought up during the Charlotte/Paige feud. 

The obvious route to go for Seth/Dean was Ambrose never fully forgiving Seth for stabbing he and Roman in the back, and while Roman may have let bygones be bygones, and the fans may have forgiven Rollins, Dean never really did.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that, Mr. Overly Critical.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Of course they are.  I can't imagine with all the shit the Hart family has dealt with that THIS would be offensive 

I can't imagine with all the shit the Hart family has done, that they'd find this offensive. Let's not put them on some fucking pedestal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I didn't really have a problem with the use of Neidhart because it was kind of goofy with making such a huge deal about a broken sunglasses.  But then Renee read what the Riott Squad said about the family and some of that stuff was pretty fucked up.  I mean when Corey Graves who is supposed to be the over the top heel on the group thinks it is kind of messed up 

I still don't understand what exactly Ruby did for this angle that was so bad. She broke a pair of sunglasses that didn't even look like the kind The Anvil wore. Why was Nattie carrying them around? Are we just assuming Anvil only had one pair?

• Like 1

I honestly can't believe that some of you think that the people who wrote that shit (and Vince I guess, since we have to hold him accountable if we hold the writers accountable apparently) wouldn't tell their #1 GUY that they wrote a promo for his best friend that uses his leukemia diagnosis.

It doesn't matter if they ran the promo by Roman or not. There's literally no reason to continue invoking Roman's name. None. Nothing is gained from it. It's especially gross when you basically say Roman has cancer again because of what he's done, whatever that might. It's just fucking repugnant.

• Thanks 6