DVDVR Message Board

POST SURVIVOR SERIES 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Ah yes, Wrestling History 101: when Greg Valentine broke [squints at notes] Yahoo's leg

Hey, it was late and i was typing on my phone. My bad. Point still stands. It just seems like some wouldn't be happy unless Nia were fired immediately.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Nia was always going to be the sole survivor. She's the #1 contender for Ronda, so she has to be elevated as such.

Exactly. Plus, as unfair as it maybe, a heel suddenly getting nuclear heat is only going one way up the card and it isn't down. It's why Edge sleeping with his colleagues girlfriend and it becoming public knowledge saw him become a bigger star. Nia being legitimately hated makes her more valuable - for all that Ronda got negative reactions last night, fans will be going nuts for her to destroy the Facebreaker in their title match.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Greggulator said:

It needs to be said that diehards like us are now arguing what women deserve the main event match at WrestleMania, on top of when we're carrying on about how Bayley and Sasha and Asuka are misused. And there's depth in the roster when you consider what a star Alexa Bliss has become. Or the The Riott Squad can carve up a lot of really good quality TV time with whoever you put them with. Or that Ember Moon is a pretty great hand (without much in the way of character) or the IIconics are really good stooge heels. 

Have they ever talked about giving the women their own show? Hell, I'd watch Smackdown weekly if it was just everyone in the women's division.

This is just the progressive in me really happy that women's wrestling is a thing in my life. They have so much talent and they're being used really well. That's not to say the booking is perfect (it never is). But they have a whole bunch of people who can absolutely main event any pay-per-view they want. Awesome to see.

Women's

Wrestling

Entertainment.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

WWE confirming what we knew, cares little for the Kickoff matches. Poor Smackdown going 6-0. Usually it's the draft where Smackdown gets the kicking.

That part annoyed me. Wish they wouldn't shit on their own product. 

• Like 4

I don't think Charlotte's turn is a bad harbinger for Becky. More worrisome would be if they decide that, since getting popped by Nia got great heat, the way forward for Becky is to introduce more of her old underdog characteristics and have her get beat up more often. (I don't think that will happen, though.)

Charlotte/Rousey was tremendous even before that turn, though. Charlotte is big and athletic enough to present a credible threat to Rousey, and boss her around a bit; that novelty would have really helped even if they only brought above average intensity to the match. Of course, they instead chose to demolish one another. WWE loves to talk about matches having a "big fight feel", which this did; but more crucially it kept the feeling of being a big fight throughout.

Bryan and Lesnar followed it with even more uncomfortable violence, Bryan bumping on his head (and selling right arm numbness...), and then eventually an incredibly finish. We are reminded, if we ever forgot, that Bryan, while being a generational underdog babyface, is actually better as an elitist violence dispenser. And this match let him be both, so, "Brock wins lol" aside, it ruled. (Also: Are we to assume Bryan is doing Jay White's G1 deal, where he weaponizes "accidental" ref bumps?)

• Like 3

That first solid knee plus was the most brutal the move had looked since Bryan debuted it against Cena in 13, and Lesnar sold it like he'd been fired out of a cannon, stellar near-fall work from all involved imo

Lesnar was always going to win but Bryan getting a dastardly Yano-y countout win off Lesnar's knee going out or something would've gone over well

Bryan bumping so high up on the first German was scary but the way you know he's really crazy was the force he was laying those grounded  kicks into every exposed surface of Lesnar's body, imagine cheerfully doing that knowing Brock's going back on offence later ¯\(°_o)/¯

It's a shame Orton currently has dibs on torturing Rey

• Like 2

Forgot to mention -- Graves was annoying all night. His watered down Attitude Era Jerry Lawler commentary tribute act is beyond stale. All it's missing is a call for puppies.

Cole raving about Charlotte/Ronda being a 5 star match before Charlotte went crazy on Ronda was cringy.

The ending to the men’s survivor match was such a bummer. It was going along fine and then Braun tagged in and bam, bam, bam it’s over and fuck me for getting invested, I guess. Rest of the show was good but that one didn’t sit right.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Forgot to mention -- Graves was annoying all night. His watered down Attitude Era Jerry Lawler commentary tribute act is beyond stale. All it's missing is a call for puppies.

Cole raving about Charlotte/Ronda being a 5 star match before Charlotte went crazy on Ronda was cringy.

Corey Graves went to shit quickly. Someone obviously got in his ear and told him to turn up the heelishness. Unfortunately, it's less Bobby Heenan/Jesse Ventura and more Jerry Lawler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AquariumDrinker said:

Was I the only one shocked that we didn't see Becky at all?

No. I was expecting her to come out to corner the SDL women's group to even things out.

53 minutes ago, Edwin said:

At this point, no one should be surprised if we learn Graves has stolen some of Mandy Rose's unmentionables for 'research.' He needs to dial down the creepy a notch or 50.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Maybe I’m the only person here smartened up to the world of video game podcasts, but Greg Miller (IGN/Kinda Funny) was front row on the hard cam side last night, and dear lord, his voice was unmistakable all night.  Perhaps no match moreso than the main event, when he actually got Lesnar to yell at him to shut up and called him a “stupid motherfucker.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EVA said:

Maybe I’m the only person here smartened up to the world of video game podcasts, but Greg Miller (IGN/Kinda Funny) was front row on the hard cam side last night, and dear lord, his voice was unmistakable all night.  Perhaps no match moreso than the main event, when he actually got Lesnar to yell at him to shut up and called him a “stupid motherfucker.”

Not to be THAT GUY, but is it the guy who attends all the TakeOver/WWE PPV double headers that sits front row with the same brown hat and neon green shirt?

If it's that guy, then someone needs to tell him to buy a D-X shirt or whatever it is he likes shirt at the merch table or at WWEShop.com.

Given he can buy front row tickets to back-to-back events constantly, I'm sure he can buy a new shirt as those tickets aren't cheap.

Edit: Apparently there's other people on Twitter who's spotted this dude. Glad I'm not alone.

Edit 2.0: No way it's this guy:

Right?

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Not to be THAT GUY, but is it the guy who attends all the TakeOver/WWE PPV double headers that sits front row with the same brown hat and neon green shirt?

If it's that guy, then someone needs to tell him to buy a D-X shirt or whatever it is he likes shirt at the merch table or at WWEShop.com.

Given he can buy front row tickets to back-to-back events constantly, I'm sure he can buy a new shirt as those tickets aren't cheap.

Edit: Apparently there's other people on Twitter who's spotted this dude. Glad I'm not alone.

Edit 2.0: No way it's this guy:

Right?

Not right. The guy you mentioned is one of the front row regulars. Greg Miller of IGN and Kinda Funny Games just happened to be front row last night. The front row mainstays are all usually pretty reserved.