DVDVR Message Board

POST SURVIVOR SERIES 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So is Shane gonna go all Vince on the Smackdown roster and punish everyone who lost tonight? I'm interested in seeing why they had Smackdown go 0-6 tonight when the Bar and the Smackdown Women should've won.

Nakamura should have won. I figured he would have after Ambrose interference.

I enjoyed Seth/Nak, Bryan/Brock, Ronda/Charlotte, and Murphy/Ali. The tag matches and AoP/The Bar were hot garbage.

Time to cleanse my palate with Tag League.

Man, Ronda really took a beating tonight. Her selling is one of her strengths and damned if I didn’t feel sorry for her after this was all over. And I came in supporting a Charlotte win lol Interesting where this takes Charlotte over on Smackdown now. 

The women’s elimination match was fine for what it was. Surprised to see Naomi go out so soon and that Sonya got to go as long as she did. The heat on Nia is nuclear right now so I had no problem with her win, especially with her also screwing over Sasha in the process. 

• Like 1

Bryan is a wrestling genius. That was the perfect Brock 2018 match and played off of Brock's big Suplex City run in a way that his previous matches have never been able to. It also went back to the origin of Suplex City, in that it was supposed to be Bryan in the Cena role back in the Staples Center at SummerSlam 2014. So it was a strong possibility in my mind that Brock just smashed Bryan without the latter getting any offense in at all. What a great, great match. One of Brock's best.

Saw the end of the Charlotte/Ronda match. That was fun. Charlotte is really good at conveying emotion and meaning in her big matches. That face she had after hitting the natural selection on the chair... wow.

Anything else worthwhile?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good seeing Sasha Banks and Asuka going at it again, reminded of the great match between the two on the post Royal Rumble 2018 RAW. 

Murphy/Ali got the crowd going into them and the Survivor Series tag team match involving the RAW and Smackdown Live GM's was also fun to me.

SD sweeps the pre-show, Raw sweeps the main show, seems fair. Decent enough show match-wise, though.

Rollins/Nak is probably going to get overlooked, but it has to be Nak's best match on the main roster. Ali/Murphy was nice too. Both of those matches felt very NXT-ey.

Man, that kendo stick beatdown was brutal as fuck. Usually the person with the stick will at least try to aim for the meaty parts of the body, but Charlotte was just swinging wildly and hitting Ronda all over the shins and elbows. Not sure if this reflects positively on her, but I was cringing the whole time. Ronda not doing a stretcher job was some bullshit, though.

The Brock/Bryan match was alright. Really good when Bryan was in control, and mediocre when he wasn't. The finish was pretty bad too if they were actually trying to elevate Bryan in defeat, which the announcers seemed like they were trying to do. A pass-out finish would've been way better for that.

If I had to guess your two title programs for WrestleMania are Monster Heel Nia Jax vs. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs.  Heel Charlotte.  

Is that what everyone wants?  I don't know,  probably not.  I want to see Becky vs. Ronda also but I don't believe that's the direction they are heading.  That beat down right there was a setup for something big and I don't think it's for TLC.  

• Like 1

That woman's match was fucking nuts. I think the closest thing it compares to in a way was the awesome Midnites/Fantastics match from the first Clash where it was just non-stop action and crazy throughout.

Charlotte is absolutely incredible at all aspects of professional wrestling. She now has the best main roster matches with Sasha (they had at least two classics), Bayley, Asuka, Becky and now Rousey. She consistently is in the best matches on every show she's on. She looked insane at the end, too.

Rousey is also amazing. How many WWE matches has she had? 10? She's been great in everything in-ring so far. She has figured out how to make judo tosses and submissions look ridiculously awesome. That is really hard to do considering professional wrestling is theater where you need to perform to a TV audience and a huge live arena as opposed to a combat sport where you want to win before entertain. 

I am absolutely pumped for wherever they go with Rousey/Charlotte/Becky. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

If I had to guess your two title programs for WrestleMania are Monster Heel Nia Jax vs. Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey vs.  Heel Charlotte.  

Is that what everyone wants?  I don't know,  probably not.  I want to see Becky vs. Ronda also but I don't believe that's the direction they are heading.  That beat down right there was a setup for something big and I don't think it's for TLC.  

It's Rousey vs. Lynch for me then Rousey vs. Charlotte. I'm not sure if WWE will do either as a singles or a triple threat to get the left out party in.

2 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I thought Charlotte was going for the ring bell. I reckon she did fine work recalibrating Ronda's neck and jaw with that chair but the ring bell would've been tremendous. 

What the hell, use the bell!

Thank you, Bobby the Brain Heenan.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jamal said:

The women’s elimination match was fine for what it was. Surprised to see Naomi go out so soon and that Sonya got to go as long as she did. The heat on Nia is nuclear right now so I had no problem with her win, especially with her also screwing over Sasha in the process. 

I enjoyed the match too.  I thought booking Nia the way they did was the smart move and Sasha vs. Asuka delivered again.  They have great chemistry, proving again that Sasha needs something to do.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

So Becky/Nia and Charlotte/Ronda at WM?

The fans would riot. The only way they can get away with Becky/Nia is if Becky wins in similar fashion that Riddle did at Takeover. Also if they run Charlotte/Ronda at Mania, the crowd would shit all over it unless Becky was unable to compete at Mania. Charlotte is only likable when Becky is out. Though it would be really fun to see how many bad idea matches WWE can stuff into Wrestlemania just to see the Mania crowd shit all over the entire show. 

Maybe Vince can finally find the crowd's breaking point and have them just walk out in the middle of the show or just not show up.