DVDVR Message Board

POST SURVIVOR SERIES 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think so? Meltzer and Alvarez were talking about how the preshow stuff didn't count and WWE went out of their way to mention that, but I was also working and half-listening, so I'm not sure what the full context was.

Exactly what Casey said. The idea around the show was that Raw sweeps SDL, only whoever put together the pre-show tag match wasn't clued in on this and had the blue team win. The announcers had to repeat several times on the show proper that the pre-show match didn't count and that Raw swept SDL.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would have been ok with it if Spud pulled a catheter bag full of water out of his pants after the match and pointed to his head, showing he outsmarted the Big Show. As just an excuse to throw in some Vince toilet humor, it was dumb.

On a side note, removing full catheters from decedents is absolutely disgusting. Hospital, nursing home staff, and hospice nurses are supposed to do that, but very rarely do, in my experience.

I liked this post before I got to the second paragraph, but I was hoping something like the first paragraph would be the case, especially since you could tell Drake was fidgeting with the device.  

It was also odd timing having that segment right before having serious 205 GM Drake in the Ali/Murphy recap.

One thing about Survivor Series no one brought up -- in a regular tag match, everyone saves you when your getting pinned or in a submission move. Not in Survivor Series as everyone is selfish, unless you are Shane McMahon of course as the Miz endlessly saved him from being eliminated. I guess that's a perk from being the Best in the World.

9 hours ago, Godfrey said:

The ending to the men’s survivor match was such a bummer. It was going along fine and then Braun tagged in and bam, bam, bam it’s over and fuck me for getting invested, I guess. Rest of the show was good but that one didn’t sit right.

Exact same crap last year and one of the reasons I can't stand Braun. The 2016 one was a 52 minute classic, last year much shorter, this one not even half of that. I was glad they let the final 4 on the preshow tag breathe a bit, I hate when they rush the hell out of the eliminations in these when there's really no reason for that at all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Exact same crap last year and one of the reasons I can't stand Braun. The 2016 one was a 52 minute classic, last year much shorter, this one not even half of that. I was glad they let the final 4 on the preshow tag breathe a bit, I hate when they rush the hell out of the eliminations in these when there's really no reason for that at all.

With Braun, they have to either rush the finish or have him lie around on the floor for 20 minutes as he catches his breath.

• Like 1

Just watched Ronda vs Charlotte. God DAMN. That was RINGS meets JCP. That match had damn near no build, but was a hate-filled, violent fight for no damn reason except to see who the fuck is the goddamn best, then Charlotte SNAPPED. Way I see it, they just showed Gargano, Black and Ciampa how it's really done. 

Round 2 is gonna be a motherfucker.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Dolph is out with a foot injury. They say they aren't sure where it came from but watch Jeff Hardy compress him with the Swanton and how he immediately peaces out (for a wrestler anyway) and I think that would be a leading contender.

11 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Looks like Dolph is out with a foot injury. They say they aren't sure where it came from but watch Jeff Hardy compress him with the Swanton and how he immediately peaces out (for a wrestler anyway) and I think that would be a leading contender.

Add Dolph to Reigns (his the worst of them, get well soon), Triple H, Owens, Zayn, Braun, Bliss, Rowan, Fandango and Nox out of action.

If they're gonna reboot Smackdown into a more sports like show next year, they should send Ronda, Brock there.  If only they could make it more shooty or instead inoki-ism like, different brands should be different all over from production, feel, even the wrestling.

Brock vs Nakamura again, or Brock vs D bry again, Ronda vs Sonya, Asuka vs Ronda would be interesting.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

If they're gonna reboot Smackdown into a more sports like show next year, they should send Ronda, Brock there.  If only they could make it more shooty or instead inoki-ism like, different brands should be different all over from production, feel, even the wrestling.

Aren't they ending the brand split before then? I can't see Fox spending a bazillion dollars for half the roster.

4 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Aren't they ending the brand split before then? I can't see Fox spending a bazillion dollars for half the roster.

That was just a rumor. Vince  is still  very high on brand split.

Meltzer ratings, for anyone curious:

Raw Tag Teams vs. SDLive Tag Teams: 3.5

Raw Women vs. SDLive Women: 2.75

Nakamura vs. Rollins: 3.75

AOP vs. The Bar: 1.75

Ali vs. Murphy: 4

Raw Men vs. SDLive Men: 3.75

Flair vs. Rousey: 4.25

Bryan vs. Lesnar: 4.5

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2018 at 5:44 AM, Phantom Lord said:

Brock vs. Bryan for the first ten minutes was probably the most uncomfortable i was watching a match in ages.

Yeah. Then, thankfully, it hyped me up so much with the brutality of the comeback that I forgot that Danielson is suicidal and Brock has probably buried people he didn't care about. That match was a motherfucker, and the deflation of the crowd was the cherry on top -- just look at them at the end. It wasn't nice, but it was a hell of a reaction. That collective silence is the non-sound of a crowd telling you NO.

Charlotte/Ronda was damn good for two wrestlers I don't like much for my own reasons. It was getting proto-BattlARTS out there until the end. 

I'm late in seeing these (actually forgot Survivor Series happened until I checked Segunda, so went straight to Dailymotion, which I recommend you do)

• Like 2