DVDVR Message Board

POST SURVIVOR SERIES 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

My takeaway from the Charlotte beatdown was her trying to send the message of "oh you think Becky is vicious, well I can be a badass, too!" I have to wonder if the beatdown was always the plan to end the match as a clean win for either party didn't seem likely. It looked like Becky/Rhonda was a lock for Mania and it sucks if we don't get that. A match between them and a Charlotte/Asuka rematch was what I was hoping for, but a 3way between Rhonda, Becky, and Charlotte wouldn't be terrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

If I'm a mid-level heel on Smackdown, I might try and hurt Daniel Bryan on TV. Because the message received from Nia hurting Becky is that as long as you do it on TV, you'll get a push and a big win at a major PPV.

As long as you're connected to the Samoan dynasty and The Rock is your cousin. 

Dana Brooke wouldn't have gotten that push if she broke Becky's nose.

I would hate to see Charlotte vs Rousey at Wrestlemania but that was the plan originally.  Sucks that Becky Lynch was just too damn good at the wrong time.  But I don't know if the crowd will hate on it judging by tonight's reaction.  Will be interesting to see how they go with it.   Chances are the crowd tonight will be similar to the WM crowd.  

• Like 1

Is there a prognosis for how long Becky's going to be out? They have to put in a contingency plan if she's going to be out for a while, especially considering she has had a lot of health issues in the past.

Charlotte Flair absolutely rules. You're doing professional wrestling wrong if you don't have a major spot on your card for the hyperathletic freak daughter of the most beloved wrestler of all-time who has great matches with absolutely everyone. 

• Like 8

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As long as you're connected to the Samoan dynasty and The Rock is your cousin. 

As much as that helps Nia, I think the company would do the same for anyone on the roster. As long as you don't hurt Orton (Kofi/Kennedy) you still keep your push

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

Is there a prognosis for how long Becky's going to be out? They have to put in a contingency plan if she's going to be out for a while, especially considering she has had a lot of health issues in the past.

Charlotte Flair absolutely rules. You're doing professional wrestling wrong if you don't have a major spot on your card for the hyperathletic freak daughter of the most beloved wrestler of all-time who has great matches with absolutely everyone. 

It's a concussion, so it's impossible to know. Doesn't seem like she's got it ridiculously bad if she's constantly tweeting and watching television.

Just now, Oyaji said:

It's a concussion, so it's impossible to know. Doesn't seem like she's got it ridiculously bad if she's constantly tweeting and watching television.

Her concussion history probably means they will be extra careful with the protocol.

• Like 1

I'd rather see Charlotte vs. Ronda than a triple threat including Becky.  They've had some solid triple threat matches but more often they are not as good. 

I love Becky as much as everyone else does but it feels to me like the company saw the heat Nia was receiving online and said "hey,  Nia will be a good program for Becky and we can KEEP Ronda/Charlotte like we wanted.." 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

That woman's match was fucking nuts. I think the closest thing it compares to in a way was the awesome Midnites/Fantastics match from the first Clash where it was just non-stop action and crazy throughout.

Charlotte is absolutely incredible at all aspects of professional wrestling. She now has the best main roster matches with Sasha (they had at least two classics), Bayley, Asuka, Becky and now Rousey. She consistently is in the best matches on every show she's on. She looked insane at the end, too.

Rousey is also amazing. How many WWE matches has she had? 10? She's been great in everything in-ring so far. She has figured out how to make judo tosses and submissions look ridiculously awesome. That is really hard to do considering professional wrestling is theater where you need to perform to a TV audience and a huge live arena as opposed to a combat sport where you want to win before entertain. 

I am absolutely pumped for wherever they go with Rousey/Charlotte/Becky. 

She's been in three of WWE's top matches this year (Asuka at Mania, Becky at Evolution, Ronda tonight), and the best part is that they all felt completely different from each other. That's real talent.  Props to Ronda too though, what a good match that was for being put together at such short notice.

• Like 6

Just now, The Natural said:

Becky vs. Nia Jax will likely happen but that's rewarding someone who's a repeat offender in injuring wrestlers.

I don't think they care.  Carnies will always be carnies. Nia has the heat so they are gonna ride that wave. Now they believe they can get mileage out of two feuds instead of one. It could be short-sighted because Ronda/Becky feels like even more of a money match than Ronda/Charlotte but they haven't been ones to see the big picture, it's all about quick reactions and moments. 

• Like 1

Just now, StuntmanCrowley said:

Also, the men's SS match was hot water trash

Yeah,  if the final two matches weren't so great this match would be discussed as a complete nothing.   The SDL veterans got to get their shit in but it was all about protecting Braun, McIntyre and to a lesser extent Lashley.  

I'm tired of Braun though.  He's still over but it's the start/stop pushes that I'm over.  He can eliminate 28 guys in a Rumble or beat all five on an SS team or whatever the hell but when it matters in a big title match he looks like a goof.  I'm not sure what they are even protecting if they will never pull the trigger. I guess they want him to look strong for when he jobs to Drew. 

• Like 1

Brock vs Bryan was really good. Bryan took one hell of an asskicking, but he dished one out just as nasty. Would I have liked D-Bry to win, of course but hey Vince thinks Brocks the Pope or something so it was never going to happen. Also to what @Edwin said on the first page, I actually wouldn't be shocked if they ran Bryan vs Shane for the WWE Championship at Mania. Shane may win.

• Like 1

Idk. The Charlotte thing kinda reminds me of when they thought the “yes chant” was over, not Daniel Bryan. People like violence. Becky’s gonna keep getting the better reaction. If they have to run Charlotte/Ronda, Becky/Nia is a decent consolation prize, but the $ is Becky/Ronda

• Like 3

First half was pretty unremarkable though Rollins/Nakamura was good, I thought Nakamura could've used the win. AOP/Bar felt like a real nothing match. Cruiserweight match was pretty good and finally one deserving of a main card spot. Shame that boring ass Braun ruins the 5 on 5 for the second straight year. Shane O's spots were the highlight as usual. Couldn't believe they shit on SDL so completely like that with the total sweep.

Ronda/Charlotte was absolutely fantastic and finally kicked things to another level. Heel Becky turned Charlotte back into a beloved babyface at least for a night. Was surprised at the strong positive reaction for Charlotte both during the match and throughout the post match, especially the "Thank You Charlotte" chant after the beatdown as I didn't think the fans turned on Ronda that much yet. I expected a DQ but thought maybe Becky would run out and hit Charlotte to cost Ronda. I never thought Ronda would lose but the Charlotte spear was an amazing near fall that looked perfect. Match of the night for sure. Definitely didn't see Charlotte going extreme out of nowhere. It felt like Charlotte turned heel but she got cheered wildly then I thought maybe Ronda would turn heel with that look she gave at the end and commentary mentioning the unsympathetic crowd, but then I remembered Ronda's next match is against the biggest heel in the biz Nia Jax. I felt like this was more of setting up the Horsewomen stuff and they'll stay course for Becky/Ronda at Mania, but I could see a triple threat happening as well.

Lesnar/Bryan had a bizarre first ten minutes but ended up pretty awesome. Brock dominating for ten minutes then Bryan suddenly popping up with the low blow and knee was a bit much but all worked out well. I was buying the Yeslock as a finish there. Good stuff overall even if I wanted to see the Styles rematch.

• Like 1

I was thinking this too.  What did Ronda do to you? She came into WWE and is working a full time schedule. She is pretty damn great right now. She's improving in all areas very quickly. She's on the road with the boys (or girls).  She's busting her ass.  But now people wanna boo her?   Why?  And Charlotte,  who was receiving boos all year,  is now getting cheered all of a sudden because she turned heel.  

I blame creative for a lot of things and I do believe Vince has lost it but the fans are wildly inconsistent too.  I am starting to believe a little bit in the "blame the fans" rhetoric. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1