DVDVR Message Board

POST SURVIVOR SERIES 2018 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

• RIPPA locked this topic

I'm going to be on an airplane when this dumb show ends, but I cannot let this pass...

Enzo Amore getting kicked out of the crowd, banned from the Staples Center, and forever becoming Persona Non Grata in the WWE, instantly makes this the show of the year. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

The tag elimination match was just kinda there though it did pick up a little towards the end. Gable's german suplex train wreck spot was nuts. The Revival really should have gone over in the end.

Women's elimination match was fine but nothing memorable. Sonya Deville got a lot in here which was a surprise. I was indifferent to the outcome as long as it wasn't something overly contrived so Nia winning doesn't bother me.

Having color coded ring gear for SS is asinine, though I get the point in the team matches. Nak's gear looked especially bad in this match, he looked like a cross between a nurse and someone about to do jazzercise. The match itself was solid but a bit heatless. It would have been much better if they'd been on the same show and had an actual program to build it up. Rollins didn't need to win.

The tag match was something I thought could be really great if they allowed the teams to do their thing. Like the rest of the show to this point it was solid but nothing memorable. Enzo getting booted and Drake pissing himself will be the most memorable things about it for what that's worth.

I was worried the CW match was going to get rushed to make way for more endless recap packages, but Ali and Murphy put on a fantastic performance. This was the best match of the show. Ali really should have gone over, but other than that I have nothing critical to say about it.

Joe getting jobbed out was bullshit, I guess that young upstart Shane Mcmahon needed some more ring time. So Sonya and Bayley get counted out and elminated in their match, but the ref doesn't even start a count when all these out of the ring shenanigans are going on in the men's match? There were some fun, chaotic bits interspersed but the ending was totally flat.

Say what you will about Rhonda being hotshotted into the top position and all the things surrounding the build to this match, it was legit good. Rhonda continues to be a natural at pro wrestling. Her MMA/chain wrestling hybrid with all the submission transitions she and Charlotte were doing looked great. The fuck finish was expected and Charlotte came off as looking vicious. I just hope we get Becky/Rhonda at Mania still.

I was in full on "fuck this company" mode for the first half of Brock/Bryan when I thought it was going to be a rehash of the Cena match. They finally turned it into high gear and had a solid match, but I'm still sick of Brock.

Um those last two matches were crazy.   I LOVED the shit out of the post-match angle with Charlotte beating the shit out of Ronda.  That was a good match too.  

Bryan and Lesnar.  Maybe Brock should just wrestle at Survivor Series?   Bryan stiffed the fuck out of him with those kicks to the face lol.   Brock was selling his ass off. 

I can't believe what I just watched.  Brock was motivated.  

• Like 6

The only thing that worries me is whether Charlotte just took Becky's spot back because it seemed like the crowd was solidly supporting Charlotte at the end.  although it could be because Rousey for some damn reason isn't well liked.  Obviously Charlotte vs Rousey is happening at TLC.  But yeah that was incredible

This just proves that Brock can have great matches.  Unfortunately it is only with people he respects and none of them seem to be in the main event picture for him at Wrestlemania.   Not going to lie that match scared me in the beginning.  No matter how much he tells people he is fine watching Bryan land on his back and neck over and over and over will never stop making me nervous

• Like 4

I'm just waiting for a Shane WWE title run. He's already the best in the world and he's clearly better than Joe, Jeff, Miz and Rey as he was able to outlast them in the match.

1 minute ago, Hagan said:

That whole post-match with the Rousey beat down and the crowd reaction was so nuts and weird. Three-way at Mania?

Just now, hammerva said:

The only thing that worries me is whether Charlotte just took Becky's spot back because it seemed like the crowd was solidly supporting Charlotte at the end.  although it could be because Rousey for some damn reason isn't well liked.  Obviously Charlotte vs Rousey is happening at TLC.  But yeah that was incredible

That was my concern as it went down. I said same in one of my earlier posts.

All of you who still think Becky is even sniffing the WM main event after tonight are either new fans or completely delusional.  This angle was absolutely designed to set-up a WM rematch to make sure what they were planning all along would still happen.  At least they wised up and made Charlotte the heel so when Becky comes back, she'll be the rightful face.

And I know "brand supremacy" really doesn't matter, but goddamn, if I wasn't watching Smackdown before, I sure as hell wouldn't now.