DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

I would imagine the Falcons will accommodate Gonzalez and trade him to a contender if he asked.  Maybe one last ride with the Chiefs? I'm not sure how the Chiefs salary cap situation is, but I'm sure they'd entertain the offer

So what changed with the Giants and the Falcons?

With the Giants - it is just the chickens coming home to roost.

They didn't make a lot of moves in the offseason. Some of that was salary cap limitations. Some was them believing guys who played over their head last year would keep playing at that same level. And this was a team that had consistently been average over the last few years.

Injuries haven't helped. Their secondary was never good to begin with and it has been ravaged by injury.

The OL - which was mediocre already - has been decimated by injury. Plus Will Beatty (their starting LT) got his extension and decided to immediate eat it all.

They have zero running game (David Wilson isn't as good as they thought and injuries) or OL - which is leading to Eli being more Eli than he normally is (INTs, stupid decisions)

Plus they act like my 8 year old. As soon as things start going bad, they have a meltdown and just give up on the game.

All this being said - if there was going to be a year for them to be bad and retool this is it. Deep draft with high picks, possible new coach (if Coughlin retires) and a "soft" schedule for 2014 (still in the NFC East, play the NFC West (giving them the Rams and Cards), play AFC South (everyone but Indy is beatable), and the other 2 4th place teams (smart money says that will be TB and Minnesota)
  • Like 1

I'm not saying Sam is lying but... I don't believe a word of that story.

Does the NFL lead the world in crazy delusional conspiracy theories?  Terrell Suggs saying that Goddell turned to lights out in the Super Bowl to stop the Ravens momentum.  Sam Wyche saying that the NFL tried to stop the no huddle to crush the Bengals.  The Raiders...entire history. 

Rex Ryan is a damn good coach.

Are you drinking AGAIN?

Rex has a fantastic defensive mind.  Probably the best in the league right now.  But I wouldn't trust him long-term regarding offense.

He went to two AFC title games with Mark Sanchez as his quarterback.  He is a damn good coach.

• Like 1