DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

Freeman's deal with the Vikings will pay him $3 million for the rest of the year.

He is now Minnesota's highest paid QB which clearly means he has to start as soon as he is able to

The Bills actually bring back their most popular player from the last decade.

Great Moorman always needed to calm down on the field and remember he's a punter.  Leave the hollering for the real football players

They should never have let him go in the first place.

The Bills are promoting Thad Lewis from the practice squad...and he's starting on Sunday.

I will now lie down under a herd of stampeding bison.

This doesn't preclude them signing someone like White or Dixon and getting them ready for a week down the road, but yeah FUCK. . .

Doug Flutie?

It's been over a decade since Flutie.

I would argue he was still their most popular player over the last decade

Doug Flutie?

It's been over a decade since Flutie.

I would argue he was still their most popular player over the last decade

Can't go wrong with this: (spoilered for its massive size.)

Posted Image

Guy has his own cereal and leads his team to the playoffs yet Wade Philips was still freakin' stupid enough to start useless Rob Johnson over Flutie in the Wild Card game. That alone should've precluded him from ever being an NFL head coach again.  

You're confusing the year of the Titans game (which Rob Johnson started) with the year they lost to the Dolphins, because I distinctly remember there was an kerkuffle after that game where Flutie was pissed because Jimmy Johnson stomped on a box of Flutie Flakes in the locker room.

I remember Flutie starting (and losing) that game after a late red zone fumble. I also remember it being reported after the MCM that starting RJ over him was Ralph's call, after Johnson looked good in a meaningless week 17 game against Indy.

We should all aspire to be like Matt Flynn.  Have one great day at work, and coast off that day to a small fortune.  It's the stuff of which dreams are made.

Yup, Matt Flynn is my hero.

The only way you're stopping Manning is if you can coax Ty Law out of retirement to work his hoodoo on Peyton.  The TD record is going to be gone by week 12!

I want to trade for Welker.  Come back Wes, please :(

The Raiders cut Matt Flynn so I guess he will have to sustain himself on the few meager millions he put in the bank the last two years to stand on the sideline holding a clipboard.

Rodgers is still in need of a photo-bombing partner...

Posted Image