DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

I wonder how many teams have scored 48 points and lost

According to nfl.com, the second and third highest scoring games of all time were:

Cincinnati (58) vs. Cleveland (48), Nov. 28, 2004

Oakland (52) vs. Houston (49), Dec. 22, 1963

so there's at least 2.

Matt Schaub rant before the Texans and 49ers:

Matt Schaub has negative mobility, negative arm strength, and negative pressure awareness.  What he does do well is make good decisions with the ball.  Except when he doesn't.  He's due at least one awful throw that's a horrible decision at least once a game.  He's not even that accurate any more; Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels (and DeAndre Hopkins) will catch anything within a three foot radius in their direction.  They've been bailing out Schaub for years.  

I'm just saying, if the best thing about Matt Schaub is that he makes good decisions with the ball except when he makes catastrophically bad decisions to lose you the game, well, maybe he shouldn't be the first option.  

That said, Go Texans!  Beat them 49ers.  Can't wait til Watt puts Kaepernick on his back.

It was a strange call but then I didn't feel the Niners pass interference on a previous drive was legit either.

Andre gets the respect there. Plus it was a makeup call for a PI non-call earlier on Dre.Any chance we see TJ Yates in the 2nd half? Knowing Kubiak, no chance.