DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 5 Thread

SirFozzie

Jags/Rams definitely has the look of being one of those ugly games that go deep into OT and we all suffer

How HILARIOUS would it be if they took that game to a tie, and you poor people watching that crap miss the only competitive quarter of Den-Dal?

Considering the NFL's primary function is as a Television Show/Facilitator of Gambling, it's very useful to have an esoteric, confusing, and contradictory rule book you can always pull something out of at the last minute to keep the "wrong result" from happening. 

Yes, I'm still bitter about the Tuck Rule.

For instance, what if the WWE did an angle where a tag team title switch was invalidated after the match ended because, on review, the hot tag guy was not holding the tag rope at the time of the tag.  And then in the rematch he started to let go but still had partial contact with it and that time it counted.

And spent a five minute segment looking at the slow-motion replay of it (instead of another scripted backstage promo).

Okay I'll let it go now.

• Like 1

Having players wear pink towels that look identical to the pink penalty flags thrown by officials.  No mishap or confusion could possibly come out of that, right?

The important thing is that we're raising money for cancer research by spending money on custom pink gear instead of, you know, donating it to fucking cancer research.

• Like 4

Having players wear pink towels that look identical to the pink penalty flags thrown by officials.  No mishap or confusion could possibly come out of that, right?

The important thing is that we're raising money for cancer research by spending money on custom pink gear instead of, you know, donating it to fucking cancer research.

and making the Raiders look like The Hart Foundation.

No, but see, you the rube Valued Fan Consumer can Donate To The Cause by buying "official game use" pink towels and penalty flags at 1000% of the production/material cost off the NFL.com website and portion of your purchase (one penny is technically a portion) is donated DIRECTLY to breast cancer research.

and making the Raiders look like The Hart Foundation.

No, but see, you the rube Valued Fan Consumer can Donate To The Cause by buying "official game use" pink towels and penalty flags at 1000% of the production/material cost off the NFL.com website and portion of your purchase (one penny is technically a portion) is donated DIRECTLY to breast cancer research.

There are only a couple of teams that have a color scheme that works with pink, the Bills, Giants, and I would imagine Bears and Panthers. . .

It is to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness, which means that they don't have to give that much money to actual research.  We need more awareness of a disease we never stop hearing about. I'm sure there are some other cancers that I'm less aware about.  Can we get a rectal cancer awareness month?  How about liver cancer, we could make all the beer cups super depressing.  Lung cancer is still a thing right, why don't we have a month for that?  I'm all about finding a cure for breast cancer, because I love titties, but I have no idea why breast cancer has seemingly taken over the world.

Especially when you remember the Jags traded their starting LT to move Joeckel over

Oh yeah, that is true. Now Jacksonville is even more Ready for Teddy, to steal a phrase.

From what I've seen, the Bears D is being made to look bad by Jimmy Graham.. and even Al Toon's son Nick.

thought his son's name was Car. . . .