DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 140: Ponzinibbio vs. Magny (11/17/2018) - Buenos Aires, Argentina (Estadio Mary Terán de Weiss)

Elsalvajeloco

DoOaKC3XgAAgdkw.jpg?1538186161

UFC Fight Night 140: Ponzinibbio vs. Magny
November 17, 2018
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Estadio Mary Terán de Weiss)

Neil Magny (171) vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (171) - Ponzinibbio, KO (punch), R4 (2:36)
Ricardo Lamas (145.5) vs. Darren Elkins (145) - Lamas, TKO (strikes), R3 (4:09)
Khalil Rountree (204.5) vs. Johnny Walker (205.5) - Walker, KO (elbows and punches), R1 (1:57)
Cezar Ferreira (185.5) vs. Ian Heinisch (185) - Heinisch, DEC (unanimous)
Guido Cannetti (135.5) vs. Marlon Vera (135.5) - Vera, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:31)
Cynthia Calvillo (118)* vs. Poliana Botelho (115.5) - Calvillo, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (4:48)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Michel Prazeres (170.5) vs. Bartosz Fabiński (170) - Prazeres, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (1:02)
Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs. Yuta Sasaki (125.5) - Pantoja, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:18)
Humberto Bandenay (145.5) vs. Austin Arnett (145.5) - Arnett, DEC (unanimous)
Laureano Staropoli (169) vs. Hector Aldana (169.5) - Staropoli, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Devin Powell (155) vs. Jesus Pinedo (156) - Pinedo, DEC (unanimous)
Nad Narimani (145.5) vs. Anderson dos Santos (144.5) - Narimani, DEC  (unanimous)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Johnny Walker
Performance of the Night: Santiago Ponzinibbio
Fight of the Night: Laureano Staropoli vs. Hector Aldana

Attendance: 10,245
Rating: 632,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Veronica Macedo vs. Maryna Moroz - Injury to Macedo 
Devin Powell vs. Claudio Puelles - Injury to Puelles 
Jared Cannonier vs. Alessio Di Chirico - Cannonier Moved to Another Event 
Enrique Barzola vs. Nad Narimani - Injury to Barzola (Arm) 
Maryna Moroz vs. Ariane Lipski - Injury to Moroz (Broken Foot) 
Nad Narimani vs. Sergio Giglio - Injury to Giglio 
Cezar Ferreira vs. Tom Breese - Injury to Breese 

Starapoli vs Aldana was pretty blood and thunder. Not the most technical fight, and they peaked very early, but if you want a fight with two guys knocking lumps off each other, this was one of them.

Bandeny vs Arnett also had the fast start that slowly fizzles into two guys circling and picking occasional shots later on. Are they at altitude or something? Or is it inexperienced guys who shoot their bolts early just in these two fights?

I think Heinisch's ceiling is basically a mid tier middleweight who always has workman like performances. He will be also be able to finish fringe level UFC fighters impressively. So if you need to get rid of dead weight on the roster, he is your man.

Based on the post fight interview, the UFC really needs to get behind this dude. He has charisma in spades.

Silva FWIW is UFC alum Luis Henrique da Silva aka Frankenstein aka via hilarious Brazilian translation Frank Waisten Jr.

• Like 2

How charismatic is Johnny Walker? He walked into an Arena in Argentina representing both England and Brazil and still got cheered. And wasn't Khalil ranked top 15 fairly recently? It reminded me of Jon Jones vs Matt Hamill. He's a mainstay of the division, had some good fights with some good guys, let's see what this tall kid has got for him... Shit, he's dead!

There are just way too many holes in Khalil's game for him to be a top fighter, even in a division as weak/thin as LHW. I'm still a big fan of the guy and he's one of those always dangerous type of fighters that could turn somebody's lights out in an instant but between his lack of grappling/wrestling/cardio, I don't see how he can climb the rankings.

I want them to give Walker another fight soon so we can ideally see him pushed a little bit to see other facets of his game. My main concern is that bacne tho. I hope brother is clean.