DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/3/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Katarina def. Lisa Lace

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 3, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Rich Swann, Willie Mack, Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz def. Matt Sydal, Ethan Page, Jake Crist, Dave Crist, & Sami Callihan when Mack pinned Dave. After the match, oVe attack and hit the All Seeing Eye on Mack through a table.

*Eli Drake out for a promo about facing Abyss in Monster's Ball at Homecoming. Tommy Dreamer interrupts to attack Eli. The lights go out and Raven appears! Raven/Dreamer staredown but then they both hit Eli.

*KM & Fallah Bahh def. The New Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama). Scarlett Bordeaux watched the match from ringside.

*Allie (w/ Su Yung) def. Kiera Hogan. After the match, Allie & Su beat down Kiera until Jordynne Grace makes the save.

*Killer Kross def. Trevor Lee via Kross choke submission. After the match, Kross cut a promo saying when diplomacy fails this is what happens. Kross then punches a cinder block into Trevor's face and tells Johnny Impact to make the right choice.

*The Lucha Bros. (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) def. Johnny Impact & Brian Cage. After the match, Johnny and Cage get into a pullapart brawl to end the show.

• Like 3

Great final build for Homecoming here, with two more matches added the lineup looks pretty stacked. Opening 10 man was a fun spotfest of dives, main event was a pretty solid tag. Love the Raven appearance, that segment made me want them to have a bunch more ECW cameos for the Monsters Ball, given the build up. Closing angle did a great job putting over the main event as a bigtime match. Dug the closing hype video as well with all the 02-04 Asylum clips.

• Like 2

That was a really good final show of the Pop era. I really enjoyed the opening 10 man tag. It's disheartening that Impact has been putting on a really good wrestling show yet their numbers dropped so much they get moved to a worse timeslot and a network in fewer homes than Pop. Between Wrestle Kingdom and Homecoming, it's going to be a really good wrestling weekend.

On the one hand, Jordynne Grace and Kiera Hogan should make a pretty good team.

This makes me happy.

On the other hand, Jordynne and Kiera Hogan cannot form a new Team PAWG with Kiera because she is a black girl.

This makes me sad.

If they formed Team THICC, this would make me happy.

And the student may surpass the master.  I love chicken shit heel Austin Aries, but Killer Kross is growing on me and I'd like to see Cage kill Johnny Impact for the World Title so that he and Kross can have a old school Godzilla Hoss feud over the belt.

• Like 1

The All Seeing Eye is a guilty favorite of mine.

It is so spot monkey since you need all three members of oVe for it to work (if the bottom guy on the cutter stack eats a chop block from a guy on the other team trying to save the victim, both of the spot delivery guys are done for), but it looks very hurty if the victim sells it right.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

On the one hand, Jordynne Grace and Kiera Hogan should make a pretty good team.

This makes me happy.

On the other hand, Jordynne and Kiera Hogan cannot form a new Team PAWG with Kiera because she is a black girl.

This makes me sad.

If they formed Team THICC, this would make me happy.

They could call themselves Team Whale Tail. 

This is just such a damn good wrestling show and I'm sad I'm going to have to start watching it on GWN on delay or whatever.

Actually, maybe they'll drop the ten day delay since they own the network too.

• Like 1