DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 12/13/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Su Yung def. Alisha Edwards

Impact Wrestling - Airing December 13, 2018

*Rich Swann def. Dave Crist (w/ Jake Crist & Sami Callihan) to qualify for the Ultimate X for the vacated X Division Championship. After the match, oVe attack Swann until Willie Mack makes the save. Mack hits the stunner on Callihan and attacks him until Swann pulls him off.

*Josh Mathews hosts an in-ring interview segment with Tessa Blanchard & Taya Valkyrie. After they go back and forth, Josh announces at Homecoming, Gail Kim will be the special referee for their match.

*Trey Miguel def. Trevor Lee with a hurricarana to qualify for the Ultimate X match.

*Fenix (w/ Pentagon Jr.) def. Santana (w/ Ortiz) with the Fenix Driver

*Jordynne Grace def. Ruby Raze (w/ Katarina) with a second rope splash after Jordynne suplexed Katarina onto Raze.

*Moose def. Brian Cage via DQ when Eddie Edwards ran out in a hospital gown to attack Moose

Rich Swann vs Dave Crist, Trey Miguel vs Trevor Lee and Fenix vs Satana were taped last night. I was there for them.

I said in the 11/29 but Fenix vs Santana was really good. it started out iffy with a botched spot or two early on but they slowed down calmed down caught theirselves hit their stride and had a dope match.

Upset I wasn't there for Tommy Dreamer.

• Like 3

Main event was a hell of a brawl between Moose and Cage, dug that a lot. Fenix/Santana was a pretty great sprint indeed. Loving the Tessa/Taya feud and the Eli/Raven segment made me hope Raven sticks around semi-regularly. Eli bringing out the extreme past with all this is great. Show flew by as usual, but Homecoming is shaping up to be another really good looking card. And so this ends what was a pretty amazing overall year of Impact Wrestling as the next two weeks will be Best of 2018 shows, with Impact returning regularly with the Homecoming go home show in Jan 3.

• Like 4

I really enjoyed this episode, probably the best of the recent tapings so far, Swann v Crist was enjoyable and they played up Swann and Callihans ‘past’ which is interesting.

Santana v Fénix was great and if they were to go around the houses pairing the members of LAX / Lucha Bros in singles matches for a while then I think that would be enjoyable.

Raven as a cranky old insane guy is the best Raven, really hope he shows up in the Monsters Ball, same with Dreamer for that matter.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, caley said:

Josh Matthews randomly asking Don Callis a propos if nothing “Do you like Trevor Lee with chest hair or without?” is a late contender for weirdest wrestling moment of 2018.   Just baffling...

Oddly enough I was baffled seeing Trevor Lee without chest hair so I took no issue with that comment.  I guess he was already getting himself ready for WWE.

I'm trying not to compare shows, but I would at least hope that those that tuned out of Raw made their way over to Impact so they get more viewers.  I heard this episode did better than normal so I'm hoping it's the start of a positive trend.

• Like 1