DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-30-13

MGFanJay

And bulls have a better chance than the millions of cows killed every year.

Except that they're drugged and half blind, it's probably more humane to just send them to a slaughterhouse. Maybe Los Matadores can feud with a butcher, complete with a skit of El Torito being chased with a meat cleaver. It's for his own good, he should just accept his fate. Bray Wyatt maybe?
Feud Los Matadores with a butcher, you say? Would a Necro Butcher do?

1) I saw bullfighting in person when I went to Spain. It was really, really bizarre. There was a lot of pageantry and older Spaniards loved it. It was kind of like wrestling in a way -- it was about the showmanship and a small story representing a bigger picture (of man vs. nature). There still a lot of Spaniards who grew up in a totalitarian regime under Franco. Their freedom of expression is completely different than the one we know, since it was suppressed. Traditional Spaniard customs mean a lot to people who grew up in a political climate that was incredibly harsh.

But, yeah, watching an animal die right in front of you is an absolutely horrifying experience. It's really cruel and barbaric. The younger generation of Spaniards (by that, pretty much everyone under the age of 60) think it's terrible.

2) You guys know Los Matadors aren't actually matadors, right?

Anyway, it looks like it's MNF for me until this Komen shit is over.

Is the NFL not doing the pink crap this year?

Yes...but the last I checked a lot of what money they make off of it goes to the American Cancer Society and not Susan G. Komen. Now each individual team can partner with SGK on their own if they like but the official NFL partner is ACS.

Thank you for your huckleberry help, fellas. I feel a bit closer to Thee American Dream now.

I thought this RAW was a slight drop-off in PEAL (Personal Enjoyment Appreciation Level) from the past few weeks, but there were many festive moments. Only Paul E. could have pulled off that genius in-ring declaration of The Love That Dares Not Speak Its Name on international TV (how will this play in Dubai?).

-  happy,

RAF

• Like 1

WWE Raw continued a post-Night of Champions ratings freefall, scoring a 2.68 rating on Monday, September 30.

Raw was down five percent from a 2.81 rating last week and down 10 percent from a 2.96 rating the Monday after Night of Champions.

- Raw averaged 3.583 million viewers, down four percent from last week's average. It was the fewest viewers of the year and fewest since New Year's Eve on December 31, 2012.

Hourly Break Down: 3.605 million first hour viewers (same as last week), an uncharacteristic drop-off to 3.530 million second hour viewers, and 3.616 million third hour viewers.

-PWTorch

So it's official everybody. Daniel Bryan is tanking as "The Face of The WWE". I don't want to say "I told you so". But... I TOLD YOU SOOOOO!

Time lagged minireview. Awful show I skipped through in about ten minutes. That was Mascarita Dorada, right? Great, he's a less immoble fucking Kemonito now. Much better than an asskicking mini doing sick ass flippy floppy armdrags on other minis. Who needs that? I'm glad they got him and made him into a prop for an inexplicably rebranded tag team. And how about that pop their entrance got? I thought my speakers were going to explode, or melt. Big Show walked around frustrated and we got many close-ups of his desperation. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan argued and fought. This show just keeps surprising me.

I need to point out that it was pretty damn low budget of WWE to have RVD show his highlights off a youtube page. That's some bush league shit I expect out of an indy that can't afford an actual highlights package or modern day ROH.

They were promoting the YouTube channel. They did the same thing with Kofi... 

They couldn't have promoted it without having the video window at the smallest setting?

No. No, they couldn't have. This is the only way they could have done it. They absolutely couldn't have done it another way.