DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-30-13

MGFanJay

WWE probably thinks most Americans have no clue about the cruelty of bullfighting, and they're probably right. 

Re: this time machine idea, why dump them in JCP? Send the Shield to World Class where they can fight the Von Erichs and the fucking Freebirds, man. I'd even go for a 6-man with Devastation, Inc. They can triple powerbomb Kamala and the crowd would lose it. 

Better yet, go the Dragon Gate route. A 4-team elimination match with those groups might literally set the Sportatorium on fire.

I know the World Heavyweight title is not in the same level that it was back when HHH and Batista were champions, but having Del Rio in non-title matches on TV every week is lame as hell.

With no brand split the title is no meaning. At least, before, he could be the "Smackdown champion"

It's time to clean up their messy title situation. Just unify the IC and US and at this point I would also unify the WHC with the WWE title.

And how will you make up the lost revenu from belt sales?

It's sad that that's a really good point.

The problem are the House Shows as they want to have a title match in every House Show and they still do branded shows.

Still, is a ADR defense selling any ticket? Meh, everybody knows that it's bad to have all those titles. Just put the WHC in Cena to elevate it back and feud the two titles like Gabe Sapolsky always tries to do.

Do collection editions of belts and overprice them. If they want to have titles make titles that mean something: have them be age or weight related or have some sort of gimmick.

has any decent fed made a gimmick title where the champion decided in what kind of matches the title would be contested? One guy could make it an hardcore title~, the other a submission title, 2/3 falls, stupid rules etc. Would allow to put some prestige on the title and still change its flavour and keep it fresh.

I just went to a house show here in Saginaw, MI where the main was a US Title match with Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose. Neither Alberto del Rio nor Randy Orton (WWE Champ at the time) was on the show. They don't need to have a "major" title match headline every house show anymore. They're at the point where WWE as a brand is what sells the most tickets, not the matches themselves. I don't think anybody buys a ticket anymore because they want to see a World or WWE title match. People buy tickets to WWE shows now to get the "WWE Live Experience" and see the Superstars in the ring.

Someone bringing up the Zach Ryder match made me think: why does Ryder smack his leg on his boot in the corner? He clearly is actually kicking a dude in the face, and the show it on an HD close up replay. Him slapping his leg before making contact just takes me out of it.

Someone bringing up the Zach Ryder match made me think: why does Ryder smack his leg on his boot in the corner? He clearly is actually kicking a dude in the face, and the show it on an HD close up replay. Him slapping his leg before making contact just takes me out of it.

For the live crowd. Leg slaps ALWAYS get a reaction.

You don't have to eliminate the secondary titles, just put them all on the same guy. That way, Del Rio could start calling himself the US-Continental Heavyweight Champion. Maybe he could draw some heat then.

So he should just run with Lance Storm's WCW gimmick. He would need a stable of flunkies to pull that off. Too bad they took Ricardo away from him. Ricardo as the WWE Mexican Heavyweight Champion would be great.

And bulls have a better chance than the millions of cows killed every year. 

Except that they're drugged and half blind, it's probably more humane to just send them to a slaughterhouse.  Maybe Los Matadores can feud with a butcher, complete with a skit of El Torito being chased with a meat cleaver. It's for his own good, he should just accept his fate. Bray Wyatt maybe?

• Like 1

You don't have to eliminate the secondary titles, just put them all on the same guy. That way, Del Rio could start calling himself the US-Continental Heavyweight Champion. Maybe he could draw some heat then.

So he should just run with Lance Storm's WCW gimmick. He would need a stable of flunkies to pull that off. Too bad they took Ricardo away from him. Ricardo as the WWE Mexican Heavyweight Champion would be great.

Hunico and Camacho are still in WWE, right?

I just went to a house show here in Saginaw, MI where the main was a US Title match with Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose. Neither Alberto del Rio nor Randy Orton (WWE Champ at the time) was on the show. They don't need to have a "major" title match headline every house show anymore. They're at the point where WWE as a brand is what sells the most tickets, not the matches themselves. I don't think anybody buys a ticket anymore because they want to see a World or WWE title match. People buy tickets to WWE shows now to get the "WWE Live Experience" and see the Superstars in the ring.

Yeah the belts themselves probably don't matter. Individual wrestlers still can though. It should be considered a problem that the only one that moves house show numbers is John Cena. 

Are Punk's promos still interchangeable? I usually don't watch because if he isn't pandering to people who will eat his shit up; it is criticizing everyone else and the people who will eat his shit up.

Can't watch Big E. without focusing on his ass. I mean, there are Divas that would want an ass like that.

A lot of mid carders in matches we've see more than enough times. Tho, as worthless as Natalya is, she ain't got nothing on Curtis Axel. The guy got a role at least 15 guys on the roster would shank the guy next to him for, and there has been absolutely no indication as to why they picked fucking Michael McGullicutty.

I thought the Brie/Alicia match was good for what it was. Alicia's offense reeks of trying too hard, tho.

Love the Usos. It took them a while to catch on, but dammnit they are awesome.

Brie's involvement in the last angle made it interesting to me. It just felt fresh because we've seen DB get his ass handed to him by Orton enough times. Her deadpan delivery doesn't surprise me, as I watched Total Divas.

I know the World Heavyweight title is not in the same level that it was back when HHH and Batista were champions, but having Del Rio in non-title matches on TV every week is lame as hell.

I miss those days when both World Titles had that level and the roster split.

---

Two highlights on RAW, the Rhodes family vs. Triple H/Stephanie McMahon and the Ryback/Paul Heyman segment in the ring. Paul Heyman was the best thing on the show, he's so great at what he does.

RE: The leg slap kick

There've been a lot of guys who do this, most notably in my mind when thinking about it is Test. However, I always justified it by saying that they are hitting their own leg right at the knee to give it just that last bit of torque/momentum for a little extra boost in speed for their kick. KAYFABE!

FWIW, bullfighting isn't barbaric. Noble sport with a rich tradition.

I won't profess a great knowledge of bullfighting but being barbaric doesn't mean it can't also have a rich tradition. One could argue that boxing, mma, and good old pro wrestling are barbaric sports with rich traditions.

• Like 1

Posted Image

That frown = "Get your sausage fingers off my face."  He quickly swats it away a second later. 

As much as I wanna see Mascarita Sagrada on Raw, his inclusion seems a little awkward here.  Hope to see more chemistry between them as they get more time together.  Was JBL's comments about them looking familiar (as well as referencing a specifically Puerto Rican bullfighter) just him winking at the internet, or do you think they'll ever reveal their identities.

FWIW, bullfighting isn't barbaric. Noble sport with a rich tradition.

Which involves sticking swords, spears and barbed darts into an unwitting animal and slowly killing it over the course of 30 minutes to an hour.