DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-30-13

MGFanJay

I'm watching Raw right now and haven't read anything here yet because I don't wanna get the show spoiled, but I had to say this:

Dusty stepping in Triple H's face was such a fucking awesome moment that Steph had to ruin by slapping Dusty's hand because God forbid she look weak. That was SOOOO close to a "money moment" from Dusty and she really fucked it up.

• Like 3

Please stop with the cancer collaboration bitching. It's already in three different threads and it's only the first of the month and the WWE isn't the first nor will it be the last corporation that pairs with Komen.

There are so many other things that actually happened on Raw to bitch about.

Like that fucking crowd. Grr...

Oh BTW - to who ever pointed out Nicole getting her hand raised after Bri's match...

Charles Robinson ‏@WWERobinson 9h

Just refereed a match with Bri of @nicoleandbri and don't understand why Nicole wanted me to raise her hand too for the victory. #confused
 Retweeted by WWE

Even with El Torito I still hate the matadores gimmick. Fuck bull fighting.

I was always confused with the gimmick, I think it has to do with the fact that we're from the same country.

I don't know what's the US history with bullfighting, I assume that there is none but in countries where Bullfighting actually has an history the trend is for people to look at it as a antiquate and barbaric spectacle. I've witness many times people in restaurants and such telling (not asking) the employers to turn the channel because bullfighting was on, as I've seen many anti-bullfighting protests.

Plus, the Matadores (killers) assumes that they the kind of bullfighters who kill the bull in the spectacle which doesn't make it better. I'm not hot about it as Marcos is, I don't really care for either bullfighting or animal pains and sorrows but to me it seems like a risky gimmick for a random comedy skit.

I don't know if Americans will look at it as something other as exotic and silly, you'll tell me I guess.

About the show:

- Brie Bella getting in the middle of the Bryan vs Orton feud makes it interesting again.

- CM Punk got me, no shame.- this show is so long even when I fast Foward half of it.

- Big E. looked good, hope they get something good for them.

- WWE has no undercard right now, Ziggler vs Sandow on the pre show? Hope they give a great "fuck you" match to the company, they can easilly have one of the matches of the night.

So I'm the only one who really enjoyed the 6man? The Usos are headed in the right direction. With a roster this size it would make so much sense to build a super strong tag division. That's only been said for 10 years or so.

Dolph had maybe the worst leap frog followed by a drop kick I've ever seen.

They have something with Roman Reigns. Future world champ right there.

Daniel and Brie got engaged with the Total Divas cameras there so I imagine the wedding will take place on the show too.Daniel Bryan: Reality TV poster boy.

I'm picturing Nigel McGuinness watching that wedding from his couch, eating a tub of ice cream, sobbing.
  • Like 1

I would dig a WWE King of Trios event. A couple teams from NXT could be featured as well as some indie and (maybe pseudo-) international three-mans. If they presented it as a fun event, a bit tongue in cheek and retro but not ironic or having the announcers crap all over it it would work. Keep it low-budget, maybe as an iPPV, since its appeal would mainly be for established fans.

- RAF 

It's so weird. Ziggler & Sandow are two guys I really don't give a shit about and usually fast forward through but I'm very interested in their pre-show match at Battleground. I don't know why but I am very curious to see how they match up.

Renee is awesome. She's the new #1 in my diva power poll. Kaitlyn has dropped from the rankings...sadly due to inactivity.

At this point, I expect Kaitlyn to come to AJ's help against the Total Divas.

I do too, which annoys me because it makes no sense.  (I'm sure it could be explained logically but I doubt it would.)

Hold the phone: can someone (only one man) explainify to me what being a "huckleberry" entails and how this will negatively impact TripleHHH's victory plans? We are sleeping on this new(?) Dustyism people, and I want to be in the loop.

i love Big Dust,

RAF

You need to watch Tombstone ASAP

• Like 8

WWE probably thinks most Americans have no clue about the cruelty of bullfighting, and they're probably right. 

Re: this time machine idea, why dump them in JCP? Send the Shield to World Class where they can fight the Von Erichs and the fucking Freebirds, man. I'd even go for a 6-man with Devastation, Inc. They can triple powerbomb Kamala and the crowd would lose it. 

Watching that RVD best-of, I kept saying "Bam Bam dive! Bam Bam dive!" and lo and behold they gave it to us. I don't care how crappy this Raw might have been (I missed most of it), between that, the Shield match, Dustin in a suit, and Heyman being hilarious I cannot complain.

I reckon the addition of El Torito is to counteract allegations of cruelty. As in, how can they be cruel to bulls if they hang out with one?

Regardless, this is going to get so over. Aside from Primo and Epico being good wrestlers, they've got an easy chant (Ole!) and a highflying midget bull. It's going to be huge.

• Like 1

Paul Lazenby (who lost his wife to breast cancer) has always been pretty critical of Susan G Komen and says it's just something big companies use to make themselves feel better and SGM is more about making money than spreading awareness (and, really, who doesn't know about breast cancer at this point?)

Considering only like 10% of donations to them end up getting spent on actual cancer research it's hard to argue.

And hell, his wife was in WWE.