DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-30-13

MGFanJay

So do the Matadores survive when they get in front of a non-douchebag crowd? I thought it was a really fun gimmick. The finish wasn't super high impact, but looked cool. I don't think the crowd tonight is much of a barometer on whether it will get over or not. The bull certainly will.

I feel like we had this exact Komen discussion last year. Can we just gave a public poll so we know where everyone stands and be done with it?

Goldust in his face paint/summer suit combo was glorious. The Rhodes family vs. the Shield combined with the first page of this thread make me yearn for rabid Texas crowds screaming at the Shield while they bloody the Von Erichs.

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic at this point, but we have to start looking at this Shield run as one of the great in ring runs for a group ever.

• Like 1

Pump the brakes, forgot to bring this up ... why can WWE NOT do their own King of Trios? Wyatt family, the Rhodes', the Shield, the Matadores w Bull ... I'm blanking now, bc of fatigue, but hell it ain't like Chikara's doing anything w KOT anymore.

Pump the brakes, forgot to bring this up ... why can WWE NOT do their own King of Trios? Wyatt family, the Rhodes', the Shield, the Matadores w Bull ... I'm blanking now, bc of fatigue, but hell it ain't like Chikara's doing anything w KOT anymore.

That's too rasslin for Kevin Dunn and Vince's taste's.

Man, outside of The Rhodes Family this show was so bleh. But I have it on the DVR so I'll give it another go since I can fast fw'd. Los Matadore's were pretty good though. I can't believe they didn't debut them against Zeb and The Real American's. The entrance was cool, but Cole and Lawler shitting all over it didn't help matters when even the crowd was laughing. 

So since Bryan and Brie are getting married, are they getting married on RAW or the tv show? If it's RAW then of course Brie is turning on him. It's best for business.

Only thing bad about the Goldust segment was he wasn't wearing a gold suit like he did at the 1997 Slammys.

Big E's selling of the GTS needs more love. Haven't seen that good of selling since Orton taking the Sweet Chin Music.

People complaining about SGK as a charity and how they do business is one thing, it's people who complain about WWE supporting a cause and putting it on TV in general who are annoying. It was awful last year with the bitching about it.

What im saying is the people bitching about the very presence of them doing something to raise awareness for a cause is annoying. Shit like "Why are heels wearing pink ribbons?" Ugh. If WWE was supporting an AIDS charity or whatever these guys would bitch. Yes Kolman stinks but the main thing is creating awareness and there's nothing wrong with that, it'd be better if it was a different charity of course, but whiny fans who are upset mainly because the ropes are pink and t shirts are as well are kinda awful. So calling a charity crooked is totally kosher, but criticizing WWE for supporting a crooked charity is beyond the pale? C'mon, man.

So do the Matadores survive when they get in front of a non-douchebag crowd? I thought it was a really fun gimmick. The finish wasn't super high impact, but looked cool. I don't think the crowd tonight is much of a barometer on whether it will get over or not. The bull certainly will.

Stop it, please... If you really want to blame anybody, blame the guy that came up with their music, and entrance that takes forever to get to the point.

What im saying is the people bitching about the very presence of them doing something to raise awareness for a cause is annoying. Shit like "Why are heels wearing pink ribbons?" Ugh. If WWE was supporting an AIDS charity or whatever these guys would bitch. Yes Kolman stinks but the main thing is creating awareness and there's nothing wrong with that, it'd be better if it was a different charity of course, but whiny fans who are upset mainly because the ropes are pink and t shirts are as well are kinda awful.

C'mon, think about this. "Creating awareness?" Who the fuck is UNAWARE of the existence of cancer? "Oh man, Earl. My wife's got breast cancer?" "What's that?" said no one ever in this century. You want to do something for breast cancer? Generate funds for research. Educate women on the importance of regular screenings. Provide said screenings to those who can't afford them. Offer financial support to low income women suffering from breast cancer who can't hold down a job anymore but have to wait months for disability to be approved. What does SGK spend its money on? Fat executive salaries and trademark lawsuits against real charities. I won't even bother to get into the political swing that organization has taken on over the past few years.SGK is a parasitic marketing scheme masquerading as charity, and the world would be better off if the entire organization vanished from the face it, and I'm saying this as someone who lost two members of my family to breast cancer, including my mother. SGK isn't selling companies like WWE on charity. It's selling them on the PR benefits of putting wrestlers in pink shirts. If WWE gave just a fraction of the money they'll kick back to the pink-clad scum to REAL charities instead, I'd say as much as I did about Make-a-Wish: nothing.
  • Like 17

Glad they're going to do Rhodes vs Shield at Battleground, that should rule. Definitely hope the Rhodes win so Goldust can be a regular again. Los Matadores debut was pretty fun, definitely unique.. I liked the theme music.

Stop it, please... If you really want to blame anybody, blame the guy that came up with their music, and entrance that takes forever to get to the point.

Definitely way too long, but that smoking bull head is fantastic. What's wrong with the music?