DVDVR Message Board

RAW is 3 hours.. 11/12/18

Niners Fan in CT

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Such a dumb saying. Ballet is really fucking hard.

Delivering the mail isn't easy either. Ever read Post Office by Bukowski?

I don't think the saying is related to its difficulty. I think it means you are going to get hit sometimes. But I have to imagine ballet dancers accidentally hit each other sometimes. 

Of dumb sayings, apples and oranges bugs me more. They are both fruits you eat and make juice with. They are easier to compare than most things. But now I am on a tangent.

2 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Now I wish there was a JTTS/midcard postal worker gimmick wrestler in 1990s WWF. Small package finisher. His weight is announced in ounces. When he gets mad, he "goes postal". He only travels first class. Etc. etc.

The closest thing I can think of was an indy guy who may have done jobber duty in the WWE a few times who had a paper boy gimmick. His name was "Rapid Delivery" something or other.

21 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The closest thing I can think of was an indy guy who may have done jobber duty in the WWE a few times who had a paper boy gimmick. His name was "Rapid Delivery" something or other.

"Rapid Delivery" Rory Fox. It was MTV's True Life: I'm a Professional Wrestler.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Rapid Delivery" Rory Fox. It was MTV's True Life: I'm a Professional Wrestler.

Yeah, he came out and ripped off the suit thus revealing a hunka white meat babyface. What a weird gimmick. It got a pop though.

That was the same show with Tony Atlas booking himself in an intergender shoot match and asking "Does anyone have a cellaphone?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, he came out and ripped off the suit thus revealing a hunka white meat babyface. What a weird gimmick. It got a pop though.

That was the same show with Tony Atlas booking himself in an intergender shoot match and asking "Does anyone have a cellaphone?"

That special also featured Shark Boy.

That was the best True Life. The next one was "I Have a Summer Share", which was like the prototype for Jersey Shore. Being part Italian from NJ, the stereotype still bothers me.

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

No love for US Male Curtis Thompson. 

Naw, the best one was "The Travellers", about a bunch of train hopping oogles with a Tom Waits soundtrack. It was both really fun and REALLY fucked up.

EDIT: Holy shit, I found it. And I haven't seen it in years. I taped it off of TV when I was a kid but who knows where that is. 

EDIT II: Just watch it. Goddamn...