DVDVR Message Board

RAW is 3 hours.. 11/12/18

Niners Fan in CT

I could have done w/o Braun murdering the tag division, but the reasoning for him to actually participate on team Raw was decent enough. I dug Rousey coming down if only for Steph's scared shitless reaction.

Tamina getting a decently lengthy match with Ember was odd and kind of shows all the issues with Tamina. It was nice to see all involved get more reactions.

Dug Riott Squad beating on Nattie.

Elias's segment with Lio and Lashley before their match was good fun. I skipped the match itself though I enjoyed the aftermath.

Bayley/Sasha was really good and easily the best either has looked in so damn long, but that ending segment was awesome. I have no idea how Becky got her nose busted, but holy fuck did she look badass. Sunday really needs to end with Becky just going out WM13 style.

"You're a clown, you clown."

So the SDL invasion was interesting. Charlotte shows up for that but didn't show up on the actual show last week. Kinda weird that at one point Nia and like 5 SDL women were just standing around watching the Becky bit. Ronda looked really, really stupid during that segment. Becky looked absolutely amazing. Laughed at the fact that they cut off Steph mid-emasculating rant.

The Becky finish was outstanding...

Fuck this Ambrose/Rollins feud.  They seriously trotted out the lazy-ass "I don't owe you an explanation! I don't owe any of you people an explanation!" line.  Which means they don't know what they are doing or where they are going.  So yeah, if you can't bother to actually come up with ANY storytelling, then I'm not going to bother giving a shit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Fuck this Ambrose/Rollins feud.  They seriously trotted out the lazy-ass "I don't owe you an explanation! I don't owe any of you people an explanation!" line.  Which means they don't know what they are doing or where they are going.

We do know that Dean has returned to the hobo lifestyle with that fire, but who's car was that?

• Like 1

I had a strong feeling Ruby Riott would end up with the last spot for the Raw team. Alexa should be more of a bitch and kick Nattie off the team, replacing her with Sarah Logan. Then, have Sasha, Bayley, and Nattie jump to Smackdown at Survivor Series. The brawl at the end was great and brought some life to a pretty life dull show. The visual of bloody Becky standing tall as a conquering hero was great. She's the best thing going on the main roster right now. It saddens me slightly that Ronda will win at Survivor Series, but I hope Becky isn't made to look inferior.

Alexa calling Tamina Snuka a killer got a laugh out of me. Tamina shot her a look like "WTF did you just say?". Of course, if my father most likely killed a woman, I'd be defensive about being called a killer.

Brock lost his shine a long time ago, but I'm always up for Jinder and the Bollywood Boyz being destroyed. 

If you listen close enough, you can hear Vince screaming at Lio Rush with the poses for Lashley. When Lashley was bending over, I half expected him to move his ass cheeks as if they're talking. Someone just showed Vince Ace Ventura.

My instinct tells me this was not the first time Ambrose has been standing near a garbage can fire.

Corbin might be the one person I don't mind getting his balls cut off by Steph. He's perfect as a useless Bill Lumbergh middle management type.

• Haha 2

That end was sick as fuck, despite the zoom overdose (Kevin Dunn just has to remind you he works there). They sure didn't expect juice but they couldn't ignore it. Becky was awesome and for some reason I was reminded of mid-'80s Riki Choshu in her badassery. 

Speaking of Japan, the apron work in the six thousandth Sasha/Bayley match was right there. The missed baseball slide with Bayley eating rail was nasty enough and then they topped it with the Bayley-to-Belly. Good stuff. 

Oh, and Ronda's eye twitch was super creepy

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes,  I don't believe Becky should tap to Ronda on Sunday.   I don't believe Ronda should lose right now either,  Becky passing out seems like the best option.  

Rousey locks in the armbar, Lynch refuses to tap but can't break out.

Referee calls it to stop her from getting her arm broken?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Where did Ambrose get a car like that?

There's no way that car was that nice. As the owner of a Chevy Cavalier that will keep it running as long as possible because 1) we own a Chevy Volt and 2) I work from home, that looked like a Chevy Cavalier. Probably a 2000 or 2001 model. If not that, then it maybe a Ford Probe or Dodge Neon. Either way, I can almost see the cigarette burns on the seat and it probably smells like whatever was spilled on the floor in the backseat 10 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With a little bit of rain on the parade for the finish- the image of Becky bloodied and standing triumphant worked, but having said that:

The one plus about the Survivor Series that had been so good for this year is that they didn't go with the same "Grr. Argh. Me wear a red shirt so me want to hurt everyone wearing a blue shirt" bullshit they've done the last two years, and they suddenly go with it as the payoff going into Survivor Series where you actually do have that moment.

It's even worse for the endgame like this when the payoff happens AFTER the Raw/Smackdown teams have been finalized. Even if you assume, in kayfabe, for example: Charlotte Flair may have some problems with Becky Lynch and hasn't officially said she'd captain the Smackdown team...but she MIGHT join in on the attack, even if she has to work with Becky Lynch, just so that Smackdown has an advantage for the Raw/Smackdown match on Sunday....

...then if the Smackdown team is effectively finalized, why should, say, the IIconics have any particular reason to go in the attack? Neither one is on Team Smackdown, neither one's allied with anyone on Team Smackdown, by all facts they have absolutely nothing to do with the Raw vs. Smackdown match. Having them in the beatdown goes past "Well, I'm on Team Smackdown, so I need to fight the Raw people", or even with Mandy Rose "Well, I'm not on the team, but Sonya Deville is my good friend and I want HER to succeed, so I'll beat them down with you", but is blatantly "They wear red T-shirts? LET'S KILL THEM!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Fuck this Ambrose/Rollins feud.  They seriously trotted out the lazy-ass "I don't owe you an explanation! I don't owe any of you people an explanation!" line.  Which means they don't know what they are doing or where they are going.  So yeah, if you can't bother to actually come up with ANY storytelling, then I'm not going to bother giving a shit.

Rene's awkward "Well, he just refuses to talk about it at home" segments make it even more nonsensical and annoying.

10 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Rousey locks in the armbar, Lynch refuses to tap but can't break out.

Referee calls it to stop her from getting her arm broken?

I'm thinking Rhonda does something like Danielson's old ROH ref stoppage elbows to the face capture finish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could also tell the story where Becky goads Ronda into making mistakes and Becky takes advantage to win. Sasha and Bayley have to be going to smackdown now. 

Ambrose burning the vest was a cool visual. He comes off so much better than Seth doing promos. I liked the thing where Renee basically said “don’t fucking ask me, because I don’t know.” Although it’d be kind of cool if Renee turned heel, too. 

2 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

With a little bit of rain on the parade for the finish- the image of Becky bloodied and standing triumphant worked, but having said that:

The one plus about the Survivor Series that had been so good for this year is that they didn't go with the same "Grr. Argh. Me wear a red shirt so me want to hurt everyone wearing a blue shirt" bullshit they've done the last two years, and they suddenly go with it as the payoff going into Survivor Series where you actually do have that moment.

It's even worse for the endgame like this when the payoff happens AFTER the Raw/Smackdown teams have been finalized. Even if you assume, in kayfabe, for example: Charlotte Flair may have some problems with Becky Lynch and hasn't officially said she'd captain the Smackdown team...but she MIGHT join in on the attack, even if she has to work with Becky Lynch, just so that Smackdown has an advantage for the Raw/Smackdown match on Sunday....

...then if the Smackdown team is effectively finalized, why should, say, the IIconics have any particular reason to go in the attack? Neither one is on Team Smackdown, neither one's allied with anyone on Team Smackdown, by all facts they have absolutely nothing to do with the Raw vs. Smackdown match. Having them in the beatdown goes past "Well, I'm on Team Smackdown, so I need to fight the Raw people", or even with Mandy Rose "Well, I'm not on the team, but Sonya Deville is my good friend and I want HER to succeed, so I'll beat them down with you", but is blatantly "They wear red T-shirts? LET'S KILL THEM!"

One year I want a guy like Miz to take advantage of this and wear like... 5 different shirts. Ripping them off each time he gets in trouble.

He barrels down with the SDL blue team but Raw get the advantage and he is left in the ring alone with Strowman, Drew Mac etc. He then rips off the SDL shirt ala Hogan to reveal he has turned to join RAW!!! High fives all around! Then the SDL crew jump back in and get the advantage, leaving the turncoat Miz all alone... to rip off his RAW red and reveal it was a ruse all along! He is wearing the SDL blue!! High fives!

This could be done all in one segment or across a couple of segments, or even shows! End Raw with Miz seemingly turning on SDL and then he joins in on the retaliation attack the following night only to change his shirt again when confronted by Daniel Bryan.

Or play it up as an amnesia deal - 

Elias runs in with the RAW red to open SDL and retaliate for their attack. He gets KO'd by Big Show and dragged backstage. New Day have an idea! They put the SDL blue on him then slap him around to wake him up. "Hey Elias, remember when you jumped to SDL to help us win Survivor Series..."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

One year I want a guy like Miz to take advantage of this and wear like... 5 different shirts. Ripping them off each time he gets in trouble.

He barrels down with the SDL blue team but Raw get the advantage and he is left in the ring alone with Strowman, Drew Mac etc. He then rips off the SDL shirt ala Hogan to reveal he has turned to join RAW!!! High fives all around! Then the SDL crew jump back in and get the advantage, leaving the turncoat Miz all alone... to rip off his RAW red and reveal it was a ruse all along! He is wearing the SDL blue!! High fives!

This could be done all in one segment or across a couple of segments, or even shows! End Raw with Miz seemingly turning on SDL and then he joins in on the retaliation attack the following night only to change his shirt again when confronted by Daniel Bryan.

Or play it up as an amnesia deal - 

Elias runs in with the RAW red to open SDL and retaliate for their attack. He gets KO'd by Big Show and dragged backstage. New Day have an idea! They put the SDL blue on him then slap him around to wake him up. "Hey Elias, remember when you jumped to SDL to help us win Survivor Series..."

If you're going there, it's still moot.

It's been three years. If you have to have that "Grr. Argh." moment, then at least make it exciting, bite the bullet, and have NXT, NXT-UK, or 205 Live show up and go into the fray too. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There's no way that car was that nice. As the owner of a Chevy Cavalier that will keep it running as long as possible because 1) we own a Chevy Volt and 2) I work from home, that looked like a Chevy Cavalier. Probably a 2000 or 2001 model. If not that, then it maybe a Ford Probe or Dodge Neon. Either way, I can almost see the cigarette burns on the seat and it probably smells like whatever was spilled on the floor in the backseat 10 years ago.

I was going for more of the idea of Ambrose pressuring Cameron into lending him a car because Cameron is drawn to sociopaths like Ferris Bueller and Ambrose.

• Like 1