Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Liam

RIP Stan Lee

Recommended Posts

A very sad day.  So many characters by Stan Lee starting in books and going on to comic book movies, television shows and video games. I get a lot of enjoyment from those. I also enjoyed Lee's rightful cameos waiting for him to show. Thank you, Stan Lee. Excelsior!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, OSJ said:

Godspeed, Stan and thanks for all the comix.

Well said.  I am by no means a member of the Cult of Lee.  I tend to skew more towards Kirby, Ditko, Romita, Buscema ...et al  but he does leave behind a treasure trove of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I never clicked to until the past few years ... much as I love Silver Age comics, take any given line in an issue of JLA from the early days, and it could have been said by anyone on the team. (Green Lantern? Aquaman? Batman?) Meanwhile, over at Marvel , you certainly weren't going to hear Reed Richards say, "It's clobberin' time!" If he had made no other contribution to comic book history, the medium owes a substantial debt to Stan for his contributions to dialogue alone.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Something I never clicked to until the past few years ... much as I love Silver Age comics, take any given line in an issue of JLA from the early days, and it could have been said by anyone on the team. (Green Lantern? Aquaman? Batman?) Meanwhile, over at Marvel , you certainly weren't going to hear Reed Richards say, "It's clobberin' time!" If he had made no other contribution to comic book history, the medium owes a substantial debt to Stan for his contributions to dialogue alone.

 

Don't know if Stan came up with it, but "Spider- Sense...tingling!!" is the greatest thing that ever came out of Marvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just listened to Kevin Smith's "Fatman on Batman" podcast celebrating Stan Lee.  what a listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally saw the Spider-verse film recently (it was fantastic). 

The Stan Lee cameo almost made me burst into tears. What a lovely  way to say goodbye. “I’m gonna miss him.”

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm worried that Stan's (potentially final) cameo in Avengers Endgame will destroy me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twiztor said:

I'm worried that Stan's (potentially final) cameo in Avengers Endgame will destroy me.

I didn’t even think about Endgame or Captain Marvel. I suppose he’ll show up in both of those, and it will be difficult.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 2:15 AM, Captain Kronos said:

I didn’t even think about Endgame or Captain Marvel. I suppose he’ll show up in both of those, and it will be difficult.

Spider-Man: Far From Home potentially as well. Stan Lee's final cameo with his greatest creation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...