DVDVR Message Board

RIP Stan Lee

Liam

A very sad day.  So many characters by Stan Lee starting in books and going on to comic book movies, television shows and video games. I get a lot of enjoyment from those. I also enjoyed Lee's rightful cameos waiting for him to show. Thank you, Stan Lee. Excelsior!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, OSJ said:

Godspeed, Stan and thanks for all the comix.

Well said.  I am by no means a member of the Cult of Lee.  I tend to skew more towards Kirby, Ditko, Romita, Buscema ...et al  but he does leave behind a treasure trove of work.

Something I never clicked to until the past few years ... much as I love Silver Age comics, take any given line in an issue of JLA from the early days, and it could have been said by anyone on the team. (Green Lantern? Aquaman? Batman?) Meanwhile, over at Marvel , you certainly weren't going to hear Reed Richards say, "It's clobberin' time!" If he had made no other contribution to comic book history, the medium owes a substantial debt to Stan for his contributions to dialogue alone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Something I never clicked to until the past few years ... much as I love Silver Age comics, take any given line in an issue of JLA from the early days, and it could have been said by anyone on the team. (Green Lantern? Aquaman? Batman?) Meanwhile, over at Marvel , you certainly weren't going to hear Reed Richards say, "It's clobberin' time!" If he had made no other contribution to comic book history, the medium owes a substantial debt to Stan for his contributions to dialogue alone.

Don't know if Stan came up with it, but "Spider- Sense...tingling!!" is the greatest thing that ever came out of Marvel.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:15 AM, Captain Kronos said:

I didn’t even think about Endgame or Captain Marvel. I suppose he’ll show up in both of those, and it will be difficult.

Spider-Man: Far From Home potentially as well. Stan Lee's final cameo with his greatest creation.