DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: WEEK 12

Pete

• Pete pinned this topic

That Michigan GIF reminds me of my days as a student at Western Michigan.  Our hockey seats were right next to the opposing team penalty box and you could talk through a little opening in the glass right into the box.  Michigan came to town and brought with them Aaron Ward, a recent 1st round draft pick of the Detroit Red Wings.  Michigan was up 2-0 and Ward gets a penalty.  We were all over him when he got in the box, telling him the Red Wings would regret their decision, blah blah blah.  Ward sat there, took it without saying a word, then just quietly pointed at the scoreboard.  We kinda looked at each other like "yep, he's right" and sat down, LOL.

Man those were good times.

• Haha 2

Stanford/Cal has been moved to Dec 1 due to the poor air quality caused by the fires in California

Both are out of contention so that is why they can play the game the same weekend as the conference title game

Sacramento State/UC Davis has been moved to Reno, NV

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

The University of Kansas is apparently finalizing a deal to hire Les Miles as their new football coach.

Because why the hell not, right?

Congratulations in advance to Les Miles for getting paid to spend the last two years of his contract sitting at home.

It is, if possible, an even harder job than people think. KU has one signing in the early recruiting window, and is probably going to be way short of scholarship players for the next two years—barring some crazy recruiting. So, crazy recruiting has to be the plan. Miles has done that when he had the best game day in the country to recruit to, and a dozen five-stars in every local county. Kansas has none of those things, so it’ll require his gonzo charisma, a young and energetic coaching staff, and something like his Oklahoma State template. 

At this point I wouldn’t predict success for anyone here; but he’s probably got the best shot of anyone they could get. Maybe Adidas can shift some funds from basketball, now that the FBI is watching that?

21 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

CITADEL WANTS 'BAMA oh wait. . .

I just hope Bama pulls it out because if The Citadel pull this off the universe will implode on itself and that would be bad.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EVA said:

Urban looks like he’s about to drop dead on the sideline, for real.

I have to believe he's going to retire after the season. He's got severe migraines from the same issue that led him to have brain surgery a couple years ago. That's not something that goes well with being a football coach.