DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 11/15/18

*Taped for Xplosion: The Pillars of Destiny (Hunter Grey & Paul Titan) def. The One Percent (Royce Isaac$ & Jorel Nelson) after a powerslam/diving headbutt combo.

Impact Wrestling - Airing November 15, 2018 from Las Vegas, NV

*Tessa Blanchard def. Ray Lyn after the Buzzsaw DDT. After the match, Taya Valkyrie comes out and announces she spoke to Impact management so they will rematch at Homecoming for the knockouts championship.

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. KM & Fallah Bahh after an asai moonsault/legdrop combo on KM.

*Eli Drake out for a promo talking about his crusade to get rid of stunts and hardcore wrestling. Tommy Dreamer interrupts and gives a speech about the history of hardcore. They almost get into it but Eli bails from the ring.

*Johnny Impact def. Matt Sydal (w/ Ethan Page) with Starship Pain. After the match, Killer Kross comes out and says last week at Final Hour made him a believer in Johnny. Kross tells Johnny to call him when he needs his help and offers his hand but Johnny turns him down.

*Su Yung def. Heather Monroe via the Purge submission. After the match, Kiera Hogan comes out followed by Allie. Su takes out Kiera as Allie watches. Su then leaves with Allie.

*Brian Cage(c) def. Sami Callihan to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Cage announces he is cashing in Option C at Impact Wrestling Homecoming PPV on January 6 and lays down the X Division title.

• Like 1

They brought back Option C. That's cool. I thought Option C was always a cool concept. I liked when Aries cut the promo initiating it. Then went on the beat Bobby Roode for the championship. I also remember when Aries attacked TJ Perkins backstage wrestled as Manik (TJ's character at the time) won the X division championship revealed himself and cashed in Option C and then didn't win the Championship.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

They brought back Option C. That's cool. I thought Option C was always a cool concept. I liked when Aries cut the promo initiating it. Then went on the beat Bobby Roode for the championship. I also remember when Aries attacked TJ Perkins backstage wrestled as Manik (TJ's character at the time) won the X division championship revealed himself and cashed in Option C and then didn't win the Championship.

Love the original, Aries/Roode being one of my all time favorite match/series/moments. The Aries as Suicide angle was absolutely brilliant and perfectly done, that was actually what led to the change to Manik. Unfortunate that he didn't actually get to cash in that time as he dropped it back the next week and we got the awful Sabin world title reign instead. Fantastic angle and promo by Aries though. Then the following year is when Aries got to cash in again against Lashley but lost, really solid match that was though. Doesn't seem like it's been that long but the following year with Rockstar Spud cashing in against Angle in 2015 was the last time it was used.

I misremembered a few things. I do remember all of this happening in the span of a year. I think they missed the boat not having Aries in Sabins spot. I don't know if Bully Ray should have dropped the title as soon as he did though. 

• Like 1

Impact had an angle with Mike Bennett trying to get the X-Division title to get a world title shot but he was foiled by Eddie Edwards who then lost to Lashley in a title for title match 2 years ago I think.

I didn't catch last week's episode, but they made Sam's Town look way better than ROH ever did.

The Cage/Callihan match had weird ending sequence.

• Like 1

Fun show with some shorter matches that flew by. Tessa looked good in her squash. LAX vs. KM & Fallah was a solid tag. Really digging LAX finishing with different double team moves as of late. Johnny/Sydal was pretty good while it lasted as well. Enjoyed the promos from Kross, Dreamer, & Eli. Dug Cage/Sami, interested in Cage/Johnny as it feels too soon for Johnny to drop the title but as mentioned it's been a few years now since option C was used. Always find the Thanksgiving episode entertaining so looking forward to next week.

• Like 2

Another really enjoyable show. I was initially iffy on Killer Kross, but I'm sold on him now. I absolutely loved his promo. Most times, crazy gimmicks come across as very hokey and sub b-movie quality, but if it turned out Kross was actually a psychopath, I wouldn't be surprised. That's how believable he is. He's wrestling's Ted Bundy. I think this is all leading to Austin Aries return.

I like Undead Allie. I love the look, but I've always had a thing for goth chicks. I love her Rosemary-like corpse paint. I can't wait until Rosemary comes back and we get Rosemary fighting to free Allie's soul from the darkness of Su Yung and the Sinister Minister.

Sydal/Impact and Cage/Callihan both delivered. I feel like Brian Cage never needed the X title. It feels like he's going to end up with the world title at some point. I've always been torn on Option C. The X division champion should always been in line for a world title shot, but I don't like titles being vacated because it feels like they get devalued.

I liked Tessa/Ray Lyn. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Ray Lyn. I loved Tessa doing reps with Lyn before dropping her on her knee.

• Like 3

A return to form for Impact this week after an average few weeks, they seem to have a bit of focus again.  Tessa / Taya is a great feud at the moment, I'm all in on Tessa, her match with Ray Lyn was really great.  The overhead press spot was all kinds of awesome.

Cage v Callihan was good, not great, but good.  Think the feud is done and eye can move Sami onto something else.

Bourne v Morrison was the same, just an enjoyable little match.

Moose killed it in his segments.  Moose fashion watch needs to be a thing. His orange shirt / braces / bow tie combo was a thing of beauty.

Eddie being taken away by the orderlies better lead to a return of Dr Stevie!

The Kross promo was super weird but in a good way. I don't know if they went "well he's from Vegas so might get cheered so we can muddy the waters for a few weeks" but it totally worked, you wouldn't trust Kross, Morrison clearly doesn't trust him and it's an interesting sideline to the World Title picture.  The line about Morrison's dog had me worried though.  Kross is 100% crazy enough to go full Bossman / Fuji.

The Racalz promo was pretty out there but a great re-introduction to them.  

I also loved Ortiz and Santana in their promo, they are so likeable as faces, particularly Ortiz. I'd love to see them in the mix on SD tag scene with the Usos and New Day, seems like they would fit right in.

Eli v Dreamer seems like a weird feud for Eli, I've had the feeling they want to redo Rock v Mankind with Eli and Abyss, certainly feels like the direction it's been going.

Looking forward to next week.  Especially the Turkey Bowl

• Like 2