DVDVR Message Board

South Park: Still Goin' Strong

Petey

Here in Tally we have Whole Foods but not Sodo Sopa. Shit I might go to where our whole foods is just to see other stores we have that South Park made fun of.

It's crazy how there's a ton of new places in Tally like that than there were just a few years ago.  It's like MidTown is old news now and College Town is all brand new, and they are already building the next place like that near campus.

Coming soon, CtPa Town!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like this year, they're taking good B-plots and stretching them into entire episodes with no B-plots at all. It's not working for me at all. The only saving grace was the song at the end of the episode. The comparison between the conceited and humorless nature of Yelpers and ISIS was kind of/sort of funny though. 

• Like 1

Here in Tally we have Whole Foods but not Sodo Sopa. Shit I might go to where our whole foods is just to see other stores we have that South Park made fun of.

It's crazy how there's a ton of new places in Tally like that than there were just a few years ago.  It's like MidTown is old news now and College Town is all brand new, and they are already building the next place like that near campus.

Coming soon, CtPa Town!

That it is me and a few buddies are going to Midtown next Wednesday for the 1st time in awhile.

It seems like this year, they're taking good B-plots and stretching them into entire episodes with no B-plots at all.

Yeah, good call. The episodes are feeling way more repetitive than usual, hitting the same two or three jokes over and over again for thirty minutes straight without much derivation.

If the little kid trying to figure out what the hell the iPad was began munching on it, I would have fucking pissed my pants.

"You're not fat but my dick is."

This is my favorite season.

I thought the episode last night was great. I thought it was one of the best episodes that they have done. The only parts that I didn't care for was the stuff involving Cartman. The break up scene was tremendous.

Same here. Seemed like a way to shoehorn Cartman into the episode. Otherwise funny episode though.

I love this season so much. It's so goddamn good. The charity episode hit so close to home, with how much I feel like a degenerate if I only donate a dollar.

And yeah Whistlin Willy telling people to get the fuck out, and later being beheaded, was awesome.

This is my favorite season.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a lot about this episode I liked, but it didn't quite come together.

So weird to see Barbrady back and give him character development after all these years away. His firing speech was super meta and I loved it. The basic 'mistake ninja for ISIS' bit was fun, but the 'nobody can tell who anyone else is in the ninja gear' joke got old.  Loved "I'm Butters. I have problems with LOTS of things!" and the end 'reveal' which reveals nothing but makes it clear this is all going somewhere.