DVDVR Message Board

South Park: Still Goin' Strong

Petey

• 3 weeks later...

Lots to like with that episode. Randy slopping wine all over himself and saying what he's doing was classy "elegantly cultural" might be my favourite. OH! And that alcohol commercial was fucking perfect, too!

• Like 1

Is there a darker South Park episode than the Butters ep? I thought the Scott Tennerman one was that, but this one trumps it. No idea why I've never seen it. "I can unbuckle my seat belt now that the car has come to a complete stop" was so... Butters.

Also, I sincerely hope none of you are still playing those freemium games after watching that ep. Really guys, come on.

The denouement was an absolute riot, especially when Real Butters shows up after the credits start to roll. So surreal. I didn't catch anything that carried on from any other episodes in this season however, did anyone else?

I didn't catch anything either.  It took me 15 minutes to begin to 'get it' but when Steve started talking to Steve and Steve asked Steve if Steve provided good customer service it became one of the top five moments in South Park history. 

You know, it's funny, both The Simpsons and Family Guy have 

done the "cartoon characters show up in the real world" thing (Homer in CGI walking down the street for a Treehouse ep and Peter as z real person with a fake head looking in the bathroom mirror)

but South Park never have. I think it worked better than the other times.

Butters' dad has been a great character in this episode and the drone episode. It is like he has an unshakeable moral compass and no incident can move it. It doesn't matter how illogical his line of thinking is, he won't change.

the real world re-enactment version of them from I Never Should Have Gone Ziplining.

Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that.  One of the most inexplicable, dumbfounding sequences in the entire history of the show.  Was it EVER explained why they did that, or why it was so lame and unfunny, or why all the real-world actors seemed to be fraternity bros in their mid-twenties?  

the real world re-enactment version of them from I Never Should Have Gone Ziplining.

Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that. One of the most inexplicable, dumbfounding sequences in the entire history of the show. Was it EVER explained why they did that, or why it was so lame and unfunny, or why all the real-world actors seemed to be fraternity bros in their mid-twenties?
Mushrooms. And I loved it, it was so weird.

Randy Marsh getting his thing from behind the girl's ear was nothing short of incredible.

I agree with the other sentiments that this season has been the best one in a while and Wednesday night's episode was really great.