DVDVR Message Board

South Park: Still Goin' Strong

Petey

• 2 weeks later...

Watching that next since I missed it last week

New one was pretty good. The coroner cutting the mask off of Chuck E. Cheese followed by the cop puking and stealing a certain scene from Bad Boys (the Sean Penn one) was A+. I actually think they had a Stitches song on here unless they were just imitating him (which they did for the rest)

EDIT: Yeah, though I'm not much of a fan of the superhero shit, they nailed that one on multiple levels. Zuckerberg having that ridiculous kung-fu dubbing going on killed me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the joke was gonna be "Jack and coke" with everyone doing lines and they one-upped it to "Jack and crack". Go figure. 

EDIT: You know, now that I think about it, it's kind of a throwback to the Civil War re-enactment episode where they got wasted on the S'mores-flavored schnapps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Excellent episode with a handful of legit laugh out loud moments. I didn’t get the Heidi = Trump Supporters metaphor until tonight. 

I feel like they just came up with that. Last year ended so badly they are having to fix things. Heidi is the one loose end they need to fix. 

That was one of the best South Parks ever. And I'd like to think that the metaphor was the plan all along, And the "we aren't gonna do Trump jokes anymore" deal was either them working people, or more likely them giving themselves a challenge to see how long they could go before they just had to go full tilt.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

That was one of the best South Parks ever. And I'd like to think that the metaphor was the plan all along, And the "we aren't gonna do Trump jokes anymore" deal was either them working people, or more likely them giving themselves a challenge to see how long they could go before they just had to go full tilt.

I think they found a way to do jokes, but keep them true to Garrison as a character. Not SNL just forcing it. 

I loved the episode. Cartman's realisation Kyle was with Heidi was the best. 

I gotta say this has low key been one of the more enjoyable seasons to date. Really funny stuff and they don't have anything super complex to wrap up at the conclusion other than Heidi & Cartman. I can't imagine them botching that like they have the past two seasons' endings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, Oyaji said:

I gotta say this has low key been one of the more enjoyable seasons to date. Really funny stuff and they don't have anything super complex to wrap up at the conclusion other than Heidi & Cartman. I can't imagine them botching that like they have the past two seasons' endings.

I want Heidi to stay now.

I loved the ridiculous overreaction  to finding PC and Strong Woman sleeping together. Episode was as a whole fun and the only misstep of the season was the nonsensical stuff with Kyle prodding Trump to nuke Canada. Heidi's arc concluded in the best possible way ("Eric, we don't want you to diiiieeee!"). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I loved the ridiculous overreaction  to finding PC and Strong Woman sleeping together. Episode was as a whole fun and the only misstep of the season was the nonsensical stuff with Kyle prodding Trump to nuke Canada. Heidi's arc concluded in the best possible way ("Eric, we don't want you to diiiieeee!"). 

I loved that, if for no other reason, than we got Ike in a mountie uniform riding a dog and Justin Trudeau on South Park.

Though this season was a lot better than the past two.  I laughed surprisingly hard at Ms. Conduct and Mr. Mackey flirting while everyone had to watch them and REALLY hard at "Do you think Hilary could have done better?  That's all I'm saying!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...