DVDVR Message Board

South Park: Still Goin' Strong

Petey

That one built up quite a head of steam by the end when I realized we were getting a multi-parter. Kenny's mouse/rat/whatever at the end was hilarious, as was Butters' fascination with the use of weiners in "Game of Thrones."

Can't help but wonder how much funner it would be if I'd watched a second of "Game of Thrones," though.

http://youtu.be/OM9lpP51LPw

Was that Lemmiwinks? I figured it was a reference to "Game of Thrones" that my HBO-less ass didn't understand.

Maybe it's because I'm the only one from this planet that doesn't care for Game of Thrones (I watch with my brothers, but unless a character is missing a limb or has a pet dragon, I have no clue who anyone is or what's going on), but two straight episodes (non-related) with GoT as the common theme seems a bit excessive.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this is this season's Imagination Land.

Is there any chance that that was actually Sophie Turner doing the voice-over at the beginning?...because it sounded exactly like her, and I'm usually pretty spot on at spotting voices in stuff.

Just last night I caught Bryan Cranston voice-overing on The History Channel and in an Ipad commercial, and Sam Rockwell on the other History channel.  Fuckers think they can slide those paychecks past me.  Not a chance.

Yeah, the Princess Kenny anime look was frigging hilarous, if only to sort of see what characters they were sort of going for (one chick sort of looks like a burnette sailor moon, the other was one of the Evangelion ladies).

I knew the whole thing from the start was setting up to be a very elaborate plug for the video game, which was made even funnier by the game's delay until March and probably past then. Butters' line at the end was classic.

This might be a better discussion for somewhere in the video games section, but do you even bother bringing out a XBox 360-only game in March? They'll probably spend the extra time trying to port the thing over to XBox One.

I was looking forward to it, despite the troubles with the release date.

Back to the episode, the kids walking through the rivers of blood to some of the "Charlie Brown Christmas" music was as damn near perfect as it gets.

This might be a better discussion for somewhere in the video games section, but do you even bother bringing out a XBox 360-only game in March? They'll probably spend the extra time trying to port the thing over to XBox One.

Well there will be tens of millions of 360s out compared to at most a few million Ones, so... yeah, probably.

"Can Elmo smell your genitals?!" Lost it.

What a great series of episodes.

I'm sure I'll get killed for this, but as someone who doesn't love Game of Thrones quite as much as the rest of the interwebs, I fear South Park may have Family Guy'd GoT for me. What I mean is, when South Park did that Family Guy spoof, I already didn't enjoy Family Guy as much as a lot of others and the spoof wound up dragging it down a bunch in my eyes. Now granted, GoT is much better than Family Guy and I do like Game of Thrones better, but still...

"Can Elmo smell your genitals?!" Lost it.

What a great series of episodes.

I'm sure I'll get killed for this, but as someone who doesn't love Game of Thrones quite as much as the rest of the interwebs, I fear South Park may have Family Guy'd GoT for me. What I mean is, when South Park did that Family Guy spoof, I already didn't enjoy Family Guy as much as a lot of others and the spoof wound up dragging it down a bunch in my eyes. Now granted, GoT is much better than Family Guy and I do like Game of Thrones better, but still...

I only watched the first season of Game of Thrones and it bored the hell out of me.  This and the spoofs of it they've done on SNL have been more entertaining to me than that show itself.