DVDVR Message Board

South Park: Still Goin' Strong

Petey

They managed to get the NFL, the Redskins, Apple, Kickstbaarter, and I forget who else.

I loved that they used Goodell's quotes for the Goodellbot.

I think there were shots at ali baba as well, at least by inference. . .

Last week I was listening to the radio and some caller on the show I was listening to said "did you get your Alibaba buys in". I was like Alibaba...that can't be a real company.

Anyway this episode was a great way to start the season. The funniest part had to be Butters being like "I'm not gonna get raped if I stay with you...am i?" The Goodell bot was pretty damn spot on.

I can only imagine what they will do if they spoof the ALS bucket thing.

What an amazing opening. It is about time they did something like that.

Butters!!!!

The rest of the episode was meh but the Butters part was fantastic.

Wait, what? All the stuff with the bottle rocket dicks was hilarious!

What an amazing opening. It is about time they did something like that.

Butters!!!!The rest of the episode was meh but the Butters part was fantastic.

Wait, what? All the stuff with the bottle rocket dicks was hilarious!

Good point. That and Butters bit had me rolling but I just was not sure who they were satirizing. It was almost like a regular episode where the kids finally had to deal with the ramifications of the previous episode. Most episodes they just leave the past go.

Yeah, introducing continuity was a really neat touch. Other than two-parters and the Kenny is actually dead arc in season... 6 I believe, I think this is one of the few times where they really had to deal with their stupidity. Stan talking about dripping in bitches was so great. Other than people taking gluten way too seriously and the USDA (with whom they really used kids gloves), it wasn't the usual attack on a particular group of people.

I didn't even know this watching the episode, but the whole Spin subplot was based on an article some guy wrote for Spin after last week, taking exception to Randy Marsh dressing in drag as Lorde.  So South Park turned the whole thing into a subplot this week.

Spin acknowledged the burn here.

http://www.spin.com/articles/south-park-spin-lorde-parody-episode/