DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez (11/10/2018) - Denver, CO (Pepsi Center)

Elsalvajeloco

DrIyvcQU4AACgl6.jpg?1541447040

UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez
November 10, 2018
Denver, CO (Pepsi Center)

Chan Sung Jung (146) vs. Yair Rodríguez (145.5) - Rodríguez, KO (upward back elbow), R5 (4:59)
Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Mike Perry (170.5) - Cerrone, SUB (armbar), R1 (4:46)
Raquel Pennington (138)* vs. Germaine de Randamie (136) - De Randamie, DEC (unanimous)  
Beneil Dariush (155.5) vs. Thiago Moisés (156) - Dariush, DEC (unanimous)
Maycee Barber (116) vs, Hannah Cifers (115.5) - Barber, TKO (punches and elbows), R2 (2:01)
Mike Trizano (155) vs. Luis Peña (155) - Trizano, DEC (split)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Ashley Yoder (115.5) vs. Amanda Cooper (116) - Yoder, DEC (split)
Chas Skelly (146) vs. Bobby Moffett (146) - Moffett, TKO (Skelly ruled unconscious due to technical submission), R2 (2:43)
Davi Ramos (156) vs. John Gunther (155.5) - Ramos, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:57)
Devonte Smith (156) vs. Julian Erosa (155) - Smith, KO (punches), R1 (0:46)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Joseph Morales (125.5) vs. Eric Shelton (126) - Shelton, DEC (split)
Mark de la Rosa (136) vs. Joby Sanchez (135.5) - De La Rosa, DEC (split)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Donald Cerrone
Performance of the Night: Yair Rodríguez
Fight of the Night: Chan Sung Jung vs. Yair Rodríguez

Attendance11,426
Gate: $946,700
Rating: 840,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Ricardo Ramos vs. Ricky Simon - Injury to Ramos (Hand) 
Beneil Dariush vs. Chris Gruetzemacher - Gruetzemacher Withdrew From Bout 
Maycee Barber vs. Maia Stevenson - Injury to Stevenson 
Alonzo Menifield vs. Saparbek Safarov - Safarov Withdrew From Bout 
Frankie Edgar vs. Chan Sung Jung - Injury to Edgar (Torn Biceps) 
Mark de la Rosa vs. Jordan Espinosa - Injury to Espinosa 
Joseph Benavidez vs. Ray Borg - Borg Removed Due to Medical Issues

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

Bring back the G Man, Rich Goins for this! And that one fat slob who eye gouged repeatedly but called his fighting style SAFTA (Scientifically Aggressive Fighting Technology of America)... Jon Hess. That's the one. 

This is... a card. Main event should be high drama. Benavidez vs Borg should be good, with Benavidez having really good takedown defence. Will it hold up? Co-main features two guys I wish would just go away. And I choose to ignore Beniel Dariush last winning a fight two years ago. FRINGE TITLE PROSPECT.

Trying to remember if I have seen Barber or Cifers fight before. Pennington should beat De Randamie probably by DEC. Yoder and Cooper should be a very good fight that could go either way. The co main event and main event should be bangers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Trying to remember if I have seen Barber or Cifers fight before. Pennington should beat De Randamie probably by DEC. Yoder and Cooper should be a very good fight that could go either way. The co main event and main event should be bangers.

Most likely as Barber had 4 fights in LFA the past 2 years, Cifers had a couple in Titan FC, I thought both were impressive then. Big fan of Ashley Yoder, feel she's been awesome in all of her fights and had some stiff competition in her UFC run so I'm looking forward to her fight and hopefully bouncing back to get her first UFC win.

I am intrigued by the TBA vs TBA fight!

Man, Yair Rodriguez goes from trying to even the score against Frankie Edgar to fighting the Zombie.  You'd think that the edge would go to Yair since he'll be out to send a message, but Chang will put your fucking lights out in a hurry.

Yair had better come in strong with all of those crazy kicks and they'd better land crisp.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, Oyaji said:

Bring back the G Man, Rich Goins for this! 

It might be spelt 'Rich Goines', but I'm fairly sure it's pronounced 'Ron Goanes'.

Is Royce going to be there, or is his job as a Bellator brand ambassador going to make the politically impossible?

Some of that GnP in the finish of Smith vs Erosa looked a bit like he was trying to not hit him. Like he knew it wasn't a walk off knockout, but he wanted to show he wasn't defending without actually brutalising the guy.

Those old primary coloured graphics looked alright on VHS in the 90s, but they're garish as fuck in HD. Nice to see Ultiman back though. There were two different designs back in the day, and they're using the oldest one. The second one looked a lot more like Bas Rutten.

Looked like a good stoppage live. Looked like he was trying to tap before he passed out on the replay.

Should have kept his eyes open.

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Looked like a good stoppage live. Looked like he was trying to tap before he passed out on the replay.

Should have kept his eyes open.

You can be unconscious with your eyes wide open.

Usually, this is something happens like Japan or other places where the refs stop it on the early side if they feel a guy is on his way to being out. I think this is a case of inexperienced referee. He should've waited a few more seconds as opposed to tug on his arm a little as soon as he stops frantically moving and then stop the fight. He did look like he was out based on his posture, but his arm was bent at an angle so it's not the best indication.

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Davi Ramos could grow a mustache for 15 straight years and not be on the level of John Gunther.

Seeing as Gunther is only in the UFC since his homeboy is Stipe, he's probably going to have a long time to work on his mustache grooming.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think this is a case of inexperienced referee.

Name a good referee currently working in MMA. Because with McCarthy out of the business and Herb Dean apparently paying tribute to the 25 year anniversary by taking the "Or Death" stipulation seriously now, it seems like the only good refs now are the British ones. And even they're not super perfect.

29 minutes ago, AxB said:

Name a good referee currently working in MMA. Because with McCarthy out of the business and Herb Dean apparently paying tribute to the 25 year anniversary by taking the "Or Death" stipulation seriously now, it seems like the only good refs now are the British ones. And even they're not super perfect.

Herb works every weekend and he is pretty good 7 or 8 times out of 10. It just happens that when he tends to mess up, it's probably in the UFC. Otherwise, he's pretty good. Kevin MacDonald is pretty good. Keith Peterson is pretty solid. Goodard and Leon Roberts are good. Jerin Valel is decent if not consistent. He has had his screwups, but he is not on the level of a Yamasaki brother. I don't remember a bad stop from Jason Herzog.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Herzog is the best MMA ref now that Big John's commentating imo. He even manages to protect fighters in Japan well even with PRIDE rules and without stupid early stoppages. Goddard is another good one.

• Like 1

Awesome fight from Yoder/Cooper. Was on the edge of my seat til the finish, loved all the submission attempts... almost a small package into a single leg crab turned rolling leglock for a moment. Thought Cooper looked her best yet but thrilled for Yoder to finally get the W again and how happy she was to get it.

I like the oldschool graphics they use.

• Like 2